300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scout0315 View Post
    Do you have Military Service? Are you veteran’s preference eligible?
    No I don't have either.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
      Adamantly request a waiver. Friggin BP does it, why can't we, same agency.
      Well, I want to but where and how do I request a waiver. The person that called yesterday with the bad news said that they don't do exceptions or waivers....! I want to believe that there is a way to request such a thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
        CIB,
        Sorry to hear that. Your test score is valid for one year, unless you contact them and ask to extend the test score two months prior to the one year. As for applying to the current vacancy, you are not eligible for one year. Hope everything works out for you.
        I took my test back in 2007 and I failed my interview in January. Has anyone here experience failing the interview before?

Comment

• Originally posted by dremot View Post
          Well, I want to but where and how do I request a waiver. The person that called yesterday with the bad news said that they don't do exceptions or waivers....! I want to believe that there is a way to request such a thing!
          I don't know man, but CBP offers waivers for age (BP), just not OFO (CBPO's).

I guess if MHC says no way, then so be it. I thought as long as you had a TO by age 37 then you were good, but I guess not.

I still say call MHC back and ask to get an explanation how the BP is waiving age and OFO is not. It's the same agency working through the same hiring center.

Good luck.

Comment

• Hey guys n gals...i'm new to the forum..I have a few questions if anyone is familiar with the hiring/selection process if you were given an EOD and went to FLETC and had to withdraw for personal reasons...but reapplied within that year with your old test score to get back in the inventory and all your quals are still good...do you have to wait until that announcement closes or since your not taking the test all over again your back in the inventory faster?
            These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
              I took my test back in 2007 and I failed my interview in January. Has anyone here experience failing the interview before?
              As far as I know, there is a very low percent of people that fail the interview....its basic and simple questions thats does not require any LE experience.

Comment

• I did the same thing, accepted the position stationed in Montana, got there and hated the location. No work opportunities for my wife and educational opportunites were limited for my kids. I resigned and reapplied for Missouri on the April 6th announcement. MHC said that they would reuse everything from my old process. Not sure, but I think we have to wait like everyone else.

Ya, and I know that I need to change my personal title "MTCBPO" to something else since that is no longer correct.
                Last edited by MTCBPO; 04-15-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Cool thanks for that cause MHC tells you different things.....I hope you get called and me as well I need to get back in I came out like a month ago and cant wait to get back in I hope it doesn't take a long time cause all my quals will expire in or around november of this year. The first time I got hired I got in within 3 months....I think we have to wait also I asked MHC if our quals are still good if we will be called faster...and they said no it goes off score order...but i would think the gov't would save money having someone half way in the door....

Comment

• quick question.. any tips or advice anyone can give me about the exam?
                    for example what helped you pass ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ofc. Slater View Post
                      quick question.. any tips or advice anyone can give me about the exam?
                      for example what helped you pass ha.
                      They have a study guide on cbp.gov which i used when i took the test last year...it helped.. a lil confusing but read it til you understand....you will have enough time to re check your answers but follow your gut answer and study the guide.

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/study...y/entry_guide/

Comment

• thank you, did you study any other study aids or prep books for the test?

Comment

• The prep guide should be sufficient, just familiarize yourself with the kind of questions and also look at the explanations if you need help understanding the concepts. I say this like I actually took and passed the exam, but I'll be taking it early May.

Comment

• Tsu Count...

I would like to do a TSU count for all those waiting for the CALL.

I have been in TSU for 56 days for Miami. (Who else is waiting for Miami?)
                            Miami by way of Chicago
                            Test 8/4/08
                            TO 11/13/08
                            Drug Test 11/13/08
                            VBT 12/11/08
                            Physical 12/16/08
                            Qual 1/10/09
                            Met BI 1/5/09
                            BI cleared 2/19/09
                            TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• What does TSU stand for?
                              Written: 04/28/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Meph View Post
                                What does TSU stand for?
                                Training & Scheduling Unit!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11051 users online. 451 members and 10600 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X