300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by az90640 View Post
    j rivera did you get called yet or your still waiting like everyone else to finish everything on cass.
    No i am still way to early in the stages im still waiting to take the test but i chose calixico cause its near my brother inlaw as well as miami cause its were i live

Comment

• Guys, I just got a call from DHS advising that I missed the age requirement by 2 months....as I got the offer letter in 03/09 and my 37th bday was 01/09. I have just completed all pre-employment steps and was simply waiting on all results. I have no prior LEO time. Does anyone know if I can request a waiver in writing to someone at DHS? I did the initial written exam in 02/08 before this new law was effected in 07/08 about the under 37 age requirement. This is very dissappointing!

Comment

• Originally posted by paul354 View Post
        Anyone else going to Miami for the test on April 28?
        I am
        Written: 04/28/09

Comment

• Hello all,
          I tested 12-11-08,, for Dulles, VA.
          NOR- 12-19-08
          T.O.- 2-18-09
          Pre-employment forms completed- 3-02-09
          Fitness and Medical completed 3-28-09
          VBT completed 4-02-09
          Drug test completed- 4-03-09
          Qualifications completed 4-03-09

Wanted to thank all of you for the info that has been posted on this forum, it has helped greatly. I am anxious but nervous about my B.I. I have not been contacted by him/her yet but hope to soon. This process has moved quite quickly for me and hope it continues. I read in an earlier post that Dulles has sent 30 people to Dulles, VA and others might not get the call for AWHILE, I hope this is not the case.

side note: for those who are scheduled to take the written, use the study guide on cbp.gov and time yourself to get used to the quick way to answer the Q?'s
          Written: 12-11-08
          Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
          B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by dremot View Post
            Guys, I just got a call from DHS advising that I missed the age requirement by 2 months....as I got the offer letter in 03/09 and my 37th bday was 01/09. I have just completed all pre-employment steps and was simply waiting on all results. I have no prior LEO time. Does anyone know if I can request a waiver in writing to someone at DHS? I did the initial written exam in 02/08 before this new law was effected in 07/08 about the under 37 age requirement. This is very dissappointing!
            I would think that It wouldn't apply towards you since you were in the system prior to your 37th Birthday. If I were you I would definetly fight till the end, whats the most they can say that they have not already! That's only if you think this would be a job worth it for you!!!

Comment

Guys, I just got a call from DHS advising that I missed the age requirement by 2 months....as I got the offer letter in 03/09 and my 37th bday was 01/09. I have just completed all pre-employment steps and was simply waiting on all results. I have no prior LEO time. Does anyone know if I can request a waiver in writing to someone at DHS? I did the initial written exam in 02/08 before this new law was effected in 07/08 about the under 37 age requirement. This is very dissappointing!
              Do you have Military Service? Are you veteran’s preference eligible?
              "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                Hello all,
                I tested 12-11-08,, for Dulles, VA.
                NOR- 12-19-08
                T.O.- 2-18-09
                Pre-employment forms completed- 3-02-09
                Fitness and Medical completed 3-28-09
                VBT completed 4-02-09
                Drug test completed- 4-03-09
                Qualifications completed 4-03-09

Wanted to thank all of you for the info that has been posted on this forum, it has helped greatly. I am anxious but nervous about my B.I. I have not been contacted by him/her yet but hope to soon. This process has moved quite quickly for me and hope it continues. I read in an earlier post that Dulles has sent 30 people to Dulles, VA and others might not get the call for AWHILE, I hope this is not the case.

side note: for those who are scheduled to take the written, use the study guide on cbp.gov and time yourself to get used to the quick way to answer the Q?'s

thanks for the info .. and best of luck to you

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                  Going on 3 weeks in TSU for SF/Oakland. I have three buddies who got hired before me for SF/Oakland, they didn't go over a week without "the call". I am not sure what the hold up is. The new cbpo job posting has SF/Oakland with "many vacancies"
                  Hopefully after this new announcement closes, calls will start happening again. Seems like they have slowed a bit since the new announcement. I too am waiting for SFO/OAK. Day 21 in TSU. Good Luck.
                  Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                  Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                  NOR: 09/2008
                  TO: 09/25/08
                  Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                  Drug Test: 11/2008
                  Oral Board: 12/03/08
                  BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                  Qualifications: 03/17/09
                  Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                  Geo Area: San Francisco County
                  Written:05/26/09
                  T.O.:08/28/09
                  Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                  Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                  Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• This is a great forum. Everyone here seems to be helpful. Well, let me start by saying that I am really depressed because I failed the interview (vbt). I have been going thru lots of personal problems and that is the reason why I couldn’t think on the day of my vbt.

I got a letter saying that I will have to wait one year to become eligible for another interview. The letter also states that it's my responsibility to fax them a letter sating that I am interested on retaking the interview.

Do people here now how long is the test score good for? My score was 82%. Do I need to reapply or by faxing them a letter is just enough? I did reapply to the current announcement and I kept my score. Please people help me on this issue.

This will also help other applicants in the future. Thanks..

Comment

Adamantly request a waiver. Friggin BP does it, why can't we, same agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
                        This is a great forum. Everyone here seems to be helpful. Well, let me start by saying that I am really depressed because I failed the interview (vbt). I have been going thru lots of personal problems and that is the reason why I couldn’t think on the day of my vbt.

I got a letter saying that I will have to wait one year to become eligible for another interview. The letter also states that it's my responsibility to fax them a letter sating that I am interested on retaking the interview.

Do people here now how long is the test score good for? My score was 82%. Do I need to reapply or by faxing them a letter is just enough? I did reapply to the current announcement and I kept my score. Please people help me on this issue.

This will also help other applicants in the future. Thanks..

CIB,
                        Sorry to hear that. Your test score is valid for one year, unless you contact them and ask to extend the test score two months prior to the one year. As for applying to the current vacancy, you are not eligible for one year. Hope everything works out for you.
                        Written: 12-11-08
                        Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                        B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Can I ask what vbt means?

Comment

• VBT= Video based Test.. Its your structured interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                              VBT= Video based Test.. Its your structured interview.
                              what does that mean? sorry just dont understand not trying to be funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrivera View Post
                                what does that mean? sorry just dont understand not trying to be funny
                                Structured Interview
                                1. What is the Structured Interview?
                                The Structured Interview consists of situational questions/scenarios that do not require technical knowledge of the CBP Officer position. Applicants are rated on several different competencies. The competencies that you will be rated on are: Interpersonal Skills; Judgment/Decision-Making; Cooperativeness/Sensitivity to the needs of others; Emotional Maturity, and Overall Task Orientation. The Interview is via Video Based Testing, in which the applicants responses will be video taped and later reviewed by a panel of 3 CBP Officers. It is rated on a pass/fail basis, therefore, you will need to receive a pass rating in order to continue in the pre-employment process.

2. Do I need a Structured Interview?
                                Anyone who has not had a Structured Interview for the CBP Officer position will be scheduled for an interview. If you had an interview within the last 3 years, and passed, you will not be scheduled for another interview.

3. How will I be notified of the Structured Interview?
                                Approximately 30 days of your selection, the Minneapolis Hiring Center Oral Board Unit or other CBP representative will contact you to tell you the date, time and location of the interview. You will be scheduled for a structured interview at the location you chose at the time you applied. If you have moved or otherwise need to request a new interview location, contact the Oral Board Unit at 612-467-7038.

4. What do I need to bring to the Interview?
                                Bring a government-issued picture ID, e.g., Drivers License, Passport, etc. You will not be given an interview without valid picture identification.

5. How should I dress for the Interview?
                                Although we cannot tell you what to wear to the interview, we can tell you that this is a formal interview. Your interview will be taped and later reviewed by a panel of trained interviewers. Use your best judgment.

6. What if I cannot attend the interview on the date scheduled for me?
                                You may call the Oral Board Unit at 612-467-7038 to request a reschedule. Reschedules will only be given under extenuating circumstances. You will be notified of the interview at least 2 weeks in advance to enable you to make arrangements to attend.

7. How will I know if I passed or failed the interview?
                                The interview results are sent to the Oral Board Unit at the Minneapolis Hiring Center. The Oral Board Unit will send you a "Notice of Results". This "Notice of Results" will indicate either an eligible (pass) or ineligible (fail). You should receive your Notice of Results within 4-6 weeks from the date of the interview.

8. How long are the Interview results good for?
                                The structured interview results are good for 3 years if you are rated eligible.

9. What if I have other questions about the interview?
                                If you have additional questions in regards to the structured oral interview process, contact us at our e-mail address, [email protected]. Or, you may contact us during normal business hours at (612) 467-7038. Because of the volume of inquiries we receive, our phones will be busy, so we strongly encourage you to contact us by email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8940 users online. 231 members and 8709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X