300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
    It used to be optional at their discretion. But I heard that it is now mandatory (change of policy)... I've been through a few polygraphs for other agencies, its quite fun actually...
    It's not mandatory. The agency is years away from being able to poly thousands of people per year. The added costs involved are staggering. The BP started doing a lot of new recruits last year and it ended badly. CBP will always reserve the right to use one, but rarely will it be applied.

Plus, there are numerous federal investigators that do not poly, in fact there are more federal LEO's that are not poly'ed then there are.

Comment

• Two questions,

Does all of Florida require Spanish?

Second, after you get your test date do they usually mail you a study guide?

Comment

• Originally posted by lauderdalehawk4 View Post
        Two questions,

Second, after you get your test date do they usually mail you a study guide?
        As for as I know, you have to learn spanish for Florida. If you don't already know spanish, it's an extra few weeks at FLETC to learn it. They do not mail you a study guide, you can print one off at cbp's website though......

Comment

• Originally posted by lauderdalehawk4 View Post
          Only Miami.

From the announcement:

Language Ability: At some duty locations, the CBP Officers may be required to be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking a language other than English at the start of employment. For example, Spanish is required for duty locations along the Southwest Border, primarily in Southern California, New Mexico, Arizona, Western and Southwestern Texas, as well as Miami, Florida; and Puerto Rico.

Comment

• Miami may mean the Field Office, in which case the following ports would be covered:

Name : Key West

Name : Miami Seaport

Name : Miami Service Port/Miami International Airport

Name : Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale

Name : West Palm Beach

Comment

• I went to the academy with guys who went to Port Everglades and Miami. The one who went to Miami had to learn Spanish the one who went to Port Everglades didn't. They were commenting that the ports were only a few miles apart and thought it weird that one had to learn Spanish and the other didn't.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Eh, I'm not worried about having to learn another language. It's worth it, plus it'll be nice to hear what my fiancee says about me when she's angry. ha.

Comment

• Has anyone ever done some research about student loan forgiveness or the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007?

http://www.finaid.org/loans/publicservice.phtml

I know loan forgiveness was talked about on this thread a while back and I tried searching the thread, but I couldn't find any definite answers.
                  CBPO
                  Tested - 8/21/08
                  TO - 9/23/08
                  TSU - 12/23/08
                  Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• bulldog, I am aware of the act and I have not tried to do any research on it because I have not the 10 years of service with the government. But I am curious, but have not yet researched, as to which agency is coordinating this program, where to submit forms, what the terms are, if current employer has to verify employment of 10 years, and such. Would be much obliged if you post anything of substance you encounter during your search.

Comment

• Hey everyone .. just wanted to say thanks for the great information you all have given

I have a question? Did you all buy the book to study from or was the study guide that was given via net better I am schduled to take the test in MIA on the 15th of May. Any one else taking it the same day ?

Comment

• Jrivera, I think the study guide provided on CBP's website should be sufficient. I have not taken the exam yet but the guide seems to familiarize test takers with the type of questions found on the exam. Any study guides you purchase may very well have more practice questions & explanations to further assist and clarify the testing techniques.

Comment

• hi how is everyone. is anyone here going to calexico or andrade.

Comment

• I also chose calexico

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrivera View Post
                              Hey everyone .. just wanted to say thanks for the great information you all have given

I have a question? Did you all buy the book to study from or was the study guide that was given via net better I am schduled to take the test in MIA on the 15th of May. Any one else taking it the same day ?

The only advice I would give to you is pertaining to the math portion of the study guide. Do yourself a favor, once you work out all the answers correctly, go back through the problems and replace everything with bigger numbers. The issue is time on the real test. You can know how to do the problems forward and backward, but if you don't have enough time to finish them, then what does it help? The real test seemed to use much bigger numbers than the study guide did. Millions and billions seemed to be the norm. Hope that helps. I know it would have helped me.

Comment

• delete message
                                Last edited by az90640; 04-15-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6666 users online. 330 members and 6336 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X