Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
    So I am in TSU for SW border locations. This question is for people, who have entered recently in San Diego, when I get the call which locations will they offer me? Otay and San Isidro? Which is better? How long were you guys in TSU before you got the call and does it seem like they still need people? Thanks in advance for your response!
    If you choose the San Diego area you might get offered: San Ysidro, Tecate, and Otay Mesa. Some of my classmates got offered all 3 but I was personally offered San Ysidro and Tecate. San Ysidro is the busiest POE and you'll see and be exposed to everything under the sun. Other wise you could choose Tecate which only has 5 or six lanes and is a lot slower paced. I was only in TSU for like a day! I received the letter stating I've been referred to TSU and the following day I got the call. The announcement is open so I'm sure they still need people. Hope that helps...

    Comment


    • They say 90 days in TSU then call them , that TSU # above to check your status in TSU

      Comment


      • Does CBP require a polygraph?

        On the annoucement it states "ploygraph may be required"

        Comment


        • So I emailed M.H.C. today and asked if I could add locations to my app. They told me I would lose the current GEO and have to wait for the new ones. Basically I would be in a waiting game again. Any one know how true that is or if there is a way around it??

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Porkroll View Post
            Does CBP require a polygraph?

            On the annoucement it states "ploygraph may be required"
            It used to be optional at their discretion. But I heard that it is now mandatory (change of policy)... I've been through a few polygraphs for other agencies, its quite fun actually...

            Comment


            • Congrats man!! Im going for the same place as we speak. Hopefully we'll be working together someday!! Good luck and all the best!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                Going on day 53 an counting in TSU..... for SFO/OAKLAND
                FreeAgent, I am also going on day 43 for S.F. I was thinking about calling TSU to see where I am on the so called "list". I figured that S.F. was hurting for people, but I guess not. Let us know when you hear something.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                  So I am in TSU for SW border locations. This question is for people, who have entered recently in San Diego, when I get the call which locations will they offer me? Otay and San Isidro? Which is better? How long were you guys in TSU before you got the call and does it seem like they still need people? Thanks in advance for your response!
                  we get new people every week. 3 newbies today. there is a whiteboard and it shows all the upcoming fletc dates and all the new people coming every week. it took me 8 days of TSU before i got called. it seems to be the SW norm. around 1-2 weeks. yes they still need people.

                  they will offer you tecate, otay mesa, and san ysidro. san ysidro and otay are like night and day. SYS has tons of overtime, you are much busier and you will be running into a lot more. otay does not have much overtime, there is no midnight shift, their port closes at 8pm so the latest you will get out is 10pm. also from what i hear, they don't work sundays. it's a cargo port so you check big rigs all day. that's pretty much all i can say. if you want lots of OT and a more "action" you're gonna want to choose san ysidro.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by casey3 View Post
                    FreeAgent, I am also going on day 43 for S.F. I was thinking about calling TSU to see where I am on the so called "list". I figured that S.F. was hurting for people, but I guess not. Let us know when you hear something.
                    This process is unpredictable, I wouldn't be surprised if you got called before I did. You gona move down closer to the bay area from chico? If you do call TSU, avoid talking to the dude, the lady is a lot more helpful from what I hear!!! I'll keep you posted...
                    Last edited by FreeAgent; 04-14-2009, 09:37 PM.

                    Comment


                    • I haven't been to fletc and I'm not sure what academics are like but I'm starting to read up on immigration laws and procedures on the homeland security website. Im guessing that would be the main focus of academics. Just wanted to put that out there if anyone else is trying to be as prepared as possible before getting there.

                      Comment


                      • I'm currently at FLECT for CBPO but i was wondering what would happen if i applied to the new announcements for a different location?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by David95XJ View Post
                          I'm currently at FLECT for CBPO but i was wondering what would happen if i applied to the new announcements for a different location?
                          Most likely, nothing. You'd apply, and the hiring center would find one of numerous legitimate ways to avoid selecting you for the new location. Ultimately, you'd get a letter saying you were not selected. At least that's how a hiring center supervisor explained it to me in '06. Supposedly too many CBPO's were moving through rehiring so the OFO decided to tell the hiring center to do what they could to close it up.

                          For a few people, they fall through the cracks and this method does work for them. It's worth a shot, IMO. Just don't expect much.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                            It used to be optional at their discretion. But I heard that it is now mandatory (change of policy)... I've been through a few polygraphs for other agencies, its quite fun actually...

                            Mandatory? First I've heard that. Sounds odd to me, but with CBP "odd" is usually the norm.

                            Like you said, it's always be an option...and lately it's an option CBP has been excercising much more often.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                              I guess CBP wasn’t kidding around when they wrote ‘many vacancies’ for Virginia. I’ve tested in 12/08. Received TO in February. All done in about 75 days. Holy cow, I feel special today
                              Not to burst your bubble or anything....but it could be awhile. I work at Dulles and know a lot of CBPO's that work there. I've been told by a couple that they have sent aprox 30 people down to FLETC recently and it would probably be awhile before the next set of people get called. Hopefully I'm wrong b/c I would love to get out of my current job ASAP hahahaha

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                                This process is unpredictable, I wouldn't be surprised if you got called before I did. You gona move down closer to the bay area from chico? If you do call TSU, avoid talking to the dude, the lady is a lot more helpful from what I hear!!! I'll keep you posted...
                                Going on 3 weeks in TSU for SF/Oakland. I have three buddies who got hired before me for SF/Oakland, they didn't go over a week without "the call". I am not sure what the hold up is. The new cbpo job posting has SF/Oakland with "many vacancies"

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7555 users online. 228 members and 7327 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X