300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mangie2k View Post
    Can someone offer up some "intel" on FLETC, I'm getting ready to go in three weeks and would like to have a heads up on what to expect. Any good tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    well, a car is a nice luxury, but not necessary, especially if you like to walk. i lost 20 lbs, not even trying an drinking beer everyday, just from walking everywhere. dont get caught up in any b.s. (ie. trouble off base or with the fletc security). take a spiral notebook and take a lot of notes in class, cuz that saves you the trouble of lugging your binders to and from your dorm to class. dont get nerved up over the practical exercises (pe's), just do what youve learned and no more or less. it really is alot of fun. most people there are in their mid 20's and 30's, so use your free time and make friends and have fun, thats the best way to make time fly. and if you have no one home to take care of mail and bills, forward your mail to fletc starting a day or 2 before you leave. other than that, dont sweat it and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Im trying to remember, in CASS, for the background when does it change to "your case is in the security office"? Is it after you meet with a BI or before? Im drawing a blank on what the status' are for the background.
      Anybody remember?
      Thanks.
      Well I had completed background in CASS around the time I was meeting with my investagtor, and about two weeks later it read "your case is in the security office"...so I guess to answer ur question it is after u meet with them...I have everything checked off IN CASS Just pending BI....so what exactly does "your case is in the security office" mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay_c View Post
        Well I had completed background in CASS around the time I was meeting with my investagtor, and about two weeks later it read "your case is in the security office"...so I guess to answer ur question it is after u meet with them...I have everything checked off IN CASS Just pending BI....so what exactly does "your case is in the security office" mean?
        well the reason im curious is that i was investigated about a year ago, went to FLETC last may and had to resign for personla reasons (something came up at home that couldnt wait). havent talked to an investigator this time but CASS says my case is in the security office. trying to figure out if theyre doing a whole new background or just going onver my one from last year. if anyone could provide some insight id appreciate it.

Comment

• How are the TO's or instructors at FLETC? Are they in your grill yelling and screaming.
          What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
            How are the TO's or instructors at FLETC? Are they in your grill yelling and screaming.
            ah hell no. very nice and professional mostly. remember, they are just officers too. you got some p.t. instructors being dicks, but thats to be expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
              Hi, Superkream. Congrats on passing your medical/physical. I just took my medical/physical yesterday, and the people at the lab said "everything looks good" so I'm assuming I passed all the medical requirements. Did you get a confirmation that you passed everything from CBP, or can I just assume I'm good if the doctor at the lab said I'm good to go?

I am taking my VBT next Thursday. I have a friend who is a CBPO, and he told me to just react with common sense and there will be nothing to worry about. Let me know how it goes, and good luck!
              I was in the same boat. I had LASIK about two years ago, and recently had an ankle sprain. I explained everything to the doctor about how I have no negative symptoms, and my eye sight is awesome. (20/15) He told me I was fine, and sure enough I got a packet from the hiring center saying that I needed to have my ankle looked and, and have another eye exam. Needless to say, I got all of the paperwork completed, and my case is still pending in medical.

I don't want to discourage you, but just to let you know that the doctors we see are basically hired to do an exam. They are not the ones who determine if you are fit for duty. So, they can basically say anything, and Minneapolis can do the exact opposite.
              ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
              March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
              July 09 Oral Board
              Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
              Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Finally got the phone call today. I report to FLETC on March 16. IS any body here going to be in the same class?
                So i got offered LAX or Long Beach Seaport. LAX is pretty straight forward what CBPO s do there, but Any body know any thing about Long Beach? I have a few days to decide. Pretty excited, but never thought I would get the Phone call right after the BI completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbp45 View Post
                  Finally got the phone call today. I report to FLETC on March 16. IS any body here going to be in the same class?
                  So i got offered LAX or Long Beach Seaport. LAX is pretty straight forward what CBPO s do there, but Any body know any thing about Long Beach? I have a few days to decide. Pretty excited, but never thought I would get the Phone call right after the BI completed.
                  Congrats Cbp 45. Did you test August 29th in Long Beach? What did you score on your written test? I tested there as well and am still waiting for my BI to clear.

If I were you I would take Long Beach. Less dealing with cranky people getting off of airplanes, baggage etc. But that is just me. I'm sure you would see a little more action at LAX then Long Beach though.

Congratulations again.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                    I was in the same boat. I had LASIK about two years ago, and recently had an ankle sprain. I explained everything to the doctor about how I have no negative symptoms, and my eye sight is awesome. (20/15) He told me I was fine, and sure enough I got a packet from the hiring center saying that I needed to have my ankle looked and, and have another eye exam. Needless to say, I got all of the paperwork completed, and my case is still pending in medical.

I don't want to discourage you, but just to let you know that the doctors we see are basically hired to do an exam. They are not the ones who determine if you are fit for duty. So, they can basically say anything, and Minneapolis can do the exact opposite.
                    Yeah. Thats what I figured. The people at the lab will have an easier job if they tell everyone "your results look great", instead of telling people they failed and having to argue with them. I guess I'll just have to hang on for a few weeks.

Comment

• Congrats Cbp 45. Did you test August 29th in Long Beach? What did you score on your written test? I tested there as well and am still waiting for my BI to clear.
                      Thanks Deyo, I took the test in August also but at Downtown LA. How's your BI going?..

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        well, a car is a nice luxury, but not necessary, especially if you like to walk. i lost 20 lbs, not even trying an drinking beer everyday, just from walking everywhere. dont get caught up in any b.s. (ie. trouble off base or with the fletc security). take a spiral notebook and take a lot of notes in class, cuz that saves you the trouble of lugging your binders to and from your dorm to class. dont get nerved up over the practical exercises (pe's), just do what youve learned and no more or less. it really is alot of fun. most people there are in their mid 20's and 30's, so use your free time and make friends and have fun, thats the best way to make time fly. and if you have no one home to take care of mail and bills, forward your mail to fletc starting a day or 2 before you leave. other than that, dont sweat it and good luck!
                        Thanks for the info!
                        MANGIE2K

Comment

• not a problem, just want to get the point across that fletc training can and should be an enjoyable few months. too many people down there get all down and depressed and stuff, and it always seems to be the people who lock themsleves up in their room all day after training. anyway, anymore questions feel free to ask!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbp45 View Post
                            Thanks Deyo, I took the test in August also but at Downtown LA. How's your BI going?..
                            I am not sure how my BI is going, I met with the investigator in November and haven't heard anything since, and here we are 4 months later. I check CASS and it says that my case is in the security office.

I wish they would get in contact with me to let me know status.

I thought this was the expedited system. Oh well

Comment

• deyosurf19

Don’t sweat it your not alone, you and I are in the same situation.

We will meet @ FLETC in no time.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity did anyone else take the test at The New Otani, downtown, on 02/01/07?
                                ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                                Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                                March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                                July 09 Oral Board
                                Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                                Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4461 users online. 182 members and 4279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X