300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K9Chris View Post
    As far as I know your pay will not change from your assigned duty location. You will have a pre-academy of 1-3 weeks (normally) at your port before you go to FLETC. What you get in Houston you will get at the academy.

yeah you got it right, your pay at FLETC is based on your duty station pay. also, they probably wont do another "full" b.i., just update it and make you sign something

Comment

• I am in the process now and am planning on having LASIK surgery in early March. Will my medical be held up for this or is there a waiting period after the surgery that will affect my EOD from being scheduled? Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.....
      ___
      CBP
      Written: 10/31/07
      NOR Written: 11/05/07 "99" No pref - GS 5 & 7
      Selection Letter: 01/20/08 GS-7 "New Jersey TBD"
      Package: 01/23/08 Completed and returned
      Medical: Completed
      Fitness: 02/12/08 Passed
      VBT: 03/24/08 Passed
      BI: Completed
      Qualified for GS 7
      Drug Test: Scheduled 04/10/08
      "The Call" 06/18/08 EWR
      EOD 07/07/08
      FLETC 07/28/08

Comment

• Originally posted by EWRTSO View Post
        I am in the process now and am planning on having LASIK surgery in early March. Will my medical be held up for this or is there a waiting period after the surgery that will affect my EOD from being scheduled? Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.....
        I had LASIK late in January. Basically, they will send you a packet with all the things in your medical history that needs to be cleared before you can go to training. Two things for me, quick follow up with your optometrist to determine your uncorrected vision, then exactly three months after your surgery there will be a follow up with your optometrist and a little questionnare that goes along with it such as complications you may have after the surgery and such. So yeah. I am having to wait till late April to have that last eye evaluation, then hopefully, things will take off like a rocket ship. Just hoping though. Good luck, I think the LASIK was a good thing for me personally. It's something I've wanted to do for some time, not just for this job.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWRTSO View Post
          I am in the process now and am planning on having LASIK surgery in early March. Will my medical be held up for this or is there a waiting period after the surgery that will affect my EOD from being scheduled? Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.....
          I had LASIK late in January. Basically, they will send you a packet with all the things in your medical history that needs to be cleared before you can go to training. Two things for me, quick follow up with your optometrist to determine your uncorrected vision, then exactly three months after your surgery there will be a follow up with your optometrist and a little questionnare that goes along with it such as complications you may have after the surgery and such. So yeah. I am having to wait till late April to have that last eye evaluation, then hopefully, things will take off like a rocket ship. Just hoping though. Good luck, I think the LASIK was a good thing for me personally. It's something I've wanted to do for some time, not just for this job.

Comment

• I have a question if anyone could answer that be great. My NOR for CBPO shows the my Eligibility will expire Feb 08. Does this mean my chances for getting a job with CBP are expired? I've been Referred to Schedule EOD since 5 Dec 07. My location is for MA.

THanks.

Comment

• Nor

Originally posted by RPG76 View Post
              I have a question if anyone could answer that be great. My NOR for CBPO shows the my Eligibility will expire Feb 08. Does this mean my chances for getting a job with CBP are expired? I've been Referred to Schedule EOD since 5 Dec 07. My location is for MA.

THanks.
              Hello rpg76!

Is that your NOR for your test results? Or something else? From my understanding, your test results are good for a certain amount of time and then if they expire, you will have to retest. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong!!!
              Toughmommy

CBP Process:
              Took Test: June 2006, passed/95 w/vet pref
              TO: Nov. 21, 2007
              Pre-Employment Forms: completed 1/4/08 & accepted
              Quals: completed/GS-5-12/20/07
              Medical Exam: completed Feb. 2008
              Structured Interview: 12/26/07-passed
              Drug Screening: 1/17/08-passed
              BI: being reviewed
              Fitness: completed/passed Dec. 2007

Comment

• Week #14 - The OC / Not the tv show!

Week # 14 - The OC and I am not talking about the TV Show. Does it suck? Yesssssssssssss. But everyone survives. Would I want to get sprayed again? Nahhhhh. At first the oc doesn't really burn that much. Its when you try to wash it out with water thats when it really burns!!! Guess what you get to relive the feeling again when you get back in the shower afterwards. Its almost like being sprayed twice. But the pain goes away when you realize graduation is only 2 days away. Its almost like a right of passage, haha just kidding. Its been a little more than 1 year from the time i took the test till graduation. I am glad to be going home and starting work. This forum has been a great source of information for me, so thanks! This will be my last posting from Fletc. Goodluck to everyone else in the process!
                Last edited by cbp hopeful; 02-14-2008, 11:30 PM.
                CBP
                Written Test - 2/7/07
                TO - 3/10/07 SF CA.
                SF86 - Completed *Recieved
                Qualifications - *6/27/07 Cleared for GS5
                Med. - 3/9/07 *Cleared
                Structured - 6/22/07 *Cleared
                Drug -7/10/07 *Cleared
                B.I. - 10/01/07 Cleared
                Fitness - 3/9/07 *Cleared
                EOD- 10/29/07

IEA
                Written Test - 5/17/07
                NOR - 6/7/07 93.9
                COE - 6/30/07
                SF86 - Mailed 7/9/07
                Fitness - Scheduled 7/19/07 Completed
                Med & Drug - Completed from CBP
                Interview- 8/1/07 Completed

Comment

• Toughmommy,

yes, its for my test results and i think you are correct on that.

thanks.

Comment

• Miami

Originally posted by superkream View Post
                    just took my medical and fitness test and passed, and doing the videobased this friday can anyone give me any tips, or what i am to expect, thanks
                    Hi, Superkream. Congrats on passing your medical/physical. I just took my medical/physical yesterday, and the people at the lab said "everything looks good" so I'm assuming I passed all the medical requirements. Did you get a confirmation that you passed everything from CBP, or can I just assume I'm good if the doctor at the lab said I'm good to go?

I am taking my VBT next Thursday. I have a friend who is a CBPO, and he told me to just react with common sense and there will be nothing to worry about. Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by RPG76 View Post
                      I have a question if anyone could answer that be great. My NOR for CBPO shows the my Eligibility will expire Feb 08. Does this mean my chances for getting a job with CBP are expired? I've been Referred to Schedule EOD since 5 Dec 07. My location is for MA.

THanks.
                      im pretty sure that expires only if you havent already reieved a tentative offer. since you obviously have, i wouldnt give it a second thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp hopeful View Post
                        Week # 14 - The OC and I am not talking about the TV Show. Does it suck? Yesssssssssssss. But everyone survives. Would I want to get sprayed again? Nahhhhh. At first the oc doesn't really burn that much. Its when you try to wash it out with water thats when it really burns!!! Guess what you get to relive the feeling again when you get back in the shower afterwards. Its almost like being sprayed twice. But the pain goes away when you realize graduation is only 2 days away. Its almost like a right of passage, haha just kidding. Its been a little more than 1 year from the time i took the test till graduation. I am glad to be going home and starting work. This forum has been a great source of information for me, so thanks! This will be my last posting from Fletc. Goodluck to everyone else in the process!
                        Congrats and good luck
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Guess what you get to relive the feeling again when you get back in the shower afterwards.
                          lol..Reminded me of our DI's in the showers after the gas chamber.

Semper Fi.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp hopeful View Post
                            Its when you try to wash it out with water thats when it really burns!!! Guess what you get to relive the feeling again when you get back in the shower afterwards.
                            The last time I was sprayed I inadvertantly rinsed the OC into my hair. When I went to bed that night I scratched my head then rubbed my eye. After I quit crying (again) I figured I better take a shower just to get it all off. You know even after 12 hours that stuff still burns the crap out of your.......uh.........stuff.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• b.i. in CASS

Im trying to remember, in CASS, for the background when does it change to "your case is in the security office"? Is it after you meet with a BI or before? Im drawing a blank on what the status' are for the background.
                              Anybody remember?
                              Thanks.

Comment

• Can someone offer up some "intel" on FLETC, I'm getting ready to go in three weeks and would like to have a heads up on what to expect. Any good tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                                MANGIE2K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8705 users online. 452 members and 8253 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X