• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aha

aha, preclearance was the magic word!

thanks for the info guys!

Comment

• How would one get to the one in The Netherlands, Belguim or Greece?

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
        How would one get to the one in The Netherlands, Belguim or Greece?

Once you're a GS-11, apply when a position opens up at the location you want. See USAJobs.gov for locations currently accepting applicants.

For the most part, they're very competive...so expect to receive multiple rejections.

Comment

• Would being a native speaker, having lived in, and very familiar with the people and culture make you competative?

Comment

• Probably.

Ultimately, it's up to local management to decide what/who they want.

Comment

• I did a fast search and did not come up with anything on USAjobs. Is there a max/min time that one is obligated to for one of these ports? Are they TDY's?

Comment

• I did a fast search and did not come up with anything on USAjobs. Is there a max/min time that one is obligated to for one of these ports? Are they TDY's?

Comment

• There may not be anything currently on USAJobs, I never checked. Make sure you check the box for status candidates though.

2-5 years. Yes, they're TDY's...well sort of. At the end of your term you'll recycle in at the port of your choosing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                    I have a question for anyone at FLETC or who has been there... Is it possible to take some time off after you graduate? Since I'm already somewhat on the east coast I'd like to stay over there a few more days to visit family. Thanks in advance.
                    You have one travel day after you graduate. You'll accumulate leave as soon as you EOD, you can use some of that if you need time after you graduate.

Comment

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
                      I wasn't really looking in to staying with them, but rather just having them close by so we can visit. Was curious if anyone had any suggestions or insight.

My suggestion, I have been to FLETC (GLYNCO) and spending time there and driving around there, I have seen some descent apartment that you can rent weekly. Dont know names of place but you can probably google it or something like that.

Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
                        Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with having your family staying close by while you're in FLETC? Does anyone have any ideas on places to stay, etc.
                        Sorry, I meant that I had the same question with the +1
                        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
                          I've been in TSU for 40 days and I decided to call MHC after reading a previous post that it was possible to check where you are in the pecking order in order to get the call.

Somewhere earlier I had read that they choose those with the highest exam scores first but the lady said that that is not the case. The lady was really helpful and told me that when you are in TSU, they ONLY go by your date into TSU and nothing else. She was also able to tell me that I had 6 guys in front of me who are waiting to get "the call" for the Seattle area and that the guy who is first in line had a TSU enter date of 01/29. So, I now know how TSU really works and that I've got probably another 30-45 days to wait for the Seattle area...

I hope this experience helps someone.

Now for my question:

HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHICH PORTS OUTSIDE OF THE USA DOES PRESCREENINGS FOR PASSENGERS COMING INTO THE USA? I know of places like Vancouver B.C. and Calgary but where can I find the info for all the ports?

Thanks in advance.
                          Thanx alot for that info. I guess the guy I spoke to at TSU wasn't sure on what he was talking about. He told me that test scores matter and that no one is able to determine your "number" in line for "the call". He went even further to ask me why I felt something like this could be done. Then he went on to basically make fun of me for believing such a thing can be determine. Oh well, I guess I just had a bad draw. I'll wait a couple weeks and check back.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Guam and the V.I.'s have actual ports, not preclearance.
                            I live in the Virgin Islands and I know all passengers have to clear Customs before travel to the U.S.

Comment

• CASS updated today, two more steps ! Whooooo!

Geo - AZ
                              Pre-Employment Forms - completed
                              Qualifications - completed A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have been found to be qualified at Grade 7
                              Medical Exam - pending
                              Structured Interview - pending
                              Drug Screening - completed
                              Background Investigation - completed
                              Fitness - completed

Comment

• Does anyone know of people that had their families stay in the area? Do some people do that?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11394 users online. 398 members and 10996 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X