300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pepecito16 View Post
    Does anyone knows if they ask you to disclose any other applications you may have or had with other law enforcement agencies regardless of the status. I'm currently in the hiring process with the L.A. Sheriff but my priority is to become CBPO. I just wanna know if it affects the outcome of having to state such info?
    I can't be for sure but I would assume it is probably so if you got to the background investigation stage with another agency that your answers match up with what you told CBP.
    Last edited by normy0; 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Does anyone knows if they ask you to disclose any other applications you may have or had with other law enforcement agencies regardless of the status. I'm currently in the hiring process with the L.A. Sheriff but my priority is to become CBPO. I just wanna know if it affects the outcome of having to state such info?
      kinda doubt that CBP will take it to heart if you're fishing elsewhere.
      "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

Yes they do. It should not have any neg impact unless you were DQ for something like lying or tried to hide something in your past.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
          Well good luck to you. Hopefully you get it sometime this week. Its a fresh week!
          I took the Test in MARCH 2008, VBT April 2008, MEDICAL AND DRUG in April 2008, I met with my BI in Oct 2008, My Pre employment forms were all checked by Nov 2008 in Jan 2009 they removed the check because I work for TSA and of a pay increase they removed it and placed the check again on April 9, 2009.

There's someone in my JOB who's 21 and got called in 2 months, meanwhile I been waiting a year. I contacted my Investigator and he told me my Background was sent out in Nov. 2008... My CASS everythig is checked except BI... How long does it usually take now? Need some positive feedback pls. Thanx

Oh and Not able to get into EQIP for ICE but spoke with someone who said my BI is being done. ANy info.... Both jobs are for NYC. CBP jfk IEA NYC
          CBPOJFK
          Exam 03/2008---86
          Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
          Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
          Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
          Drug Test---07/2008 check
          VBT---07/2008 check
          Fitness---8/2009 check
          BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
            i having a bit of a dilema, i got a TO for the southwest region, i was on usajobs and saw that they had positions open in my home state of FL, i emailed CBP HR and asked if everything i have done could be transfered over to fl and they told me that i would have to withdraw and reapply i have done everything VBT, fitness ETC what you guy's do? take ur chance and reapply or count ur blessings and keep what you got? i dont have a problem moving but i would rather stay in fl if possible. i just trying to get some feedback and see what some of you guys think before i make a decision thanks in advance
            anyone??
            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

anyone??
              If you want to change locations, go ahead and try. Worst thing that could happen is you don't get a TO from the new location and have to keep your original.

Originally posted by yoda View Post
              For you and others going through with re-applying for a new geo...
              Everything keeps moving along the same, nothing gets put on hold, everything moves along as if you never re-applied... the only thing is that if you scored high enough to get a new TO along with the new applicants then you get what you wanted... if not you keep processing for your 1st app (geo pref).

You guys need to stop over thinking the what's and if's about re-applying,
              I have been very clear about how easy it is many times, I did it myself, and that's how I know!... Just let it be.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Who should i contact about adding new Geos to my app??
                Last edited by WMERZ; 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMERZ View Post
                  Who should i contact about adding new Geos to my app??
                  The hiring center.
                  [email protected]
                  612-467-7043

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    If you want to change locations, go ahead and try. Worst thing that could happen is you don't get a TO from the new location and have to keep your original.
                    so i wouldnt lose my first TO then??
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• UPDATE: just got a letter stating that i passed the VBT one step closer...

Comment

so i wouldnt lose my first TO then??
                        According to 'yoda' you will not lose it. I would trust what he says since he's an old-timer here, and changed locations also. As the old saying goes, you can take what he says to the bank.

But of course when you call the hiring center confirm it. Trust but verify.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                          According to 'yoda' you will not lose it. I would trust what he says since he's an old-timer here, and changed locations also. As the old saying goes, you can take what he says to the bank.

But of course when you call the hiring center confirm it. Trust but verify.
                          i just emailed them well see what they say i'll keep an update

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                            SD to GA - How long after CASS showed that your BI was completed did you receive the letter stating it was?
                            It showed complete last Thursday, and I got the letter saying that everything was complete on Saturday. Funny thing is on CASS the Quals were still not checked of, but the letter said I qualified for a GS-5

Comment

Yes you do have to disclose if you are in the process of any other LE agencies. When I met with my BI he asked me if I was in the process with any other LE agencies. I actually was applying for San Diego County Sheriff's (but screw working in the prisons for 2 years) I too wanted the CBPO position more. I let my BI know the truth and that I would go with whatever agency hired me first, and it did not affect my hiring process.

Comment

• I excuse my question if it is blatently obvious. When I applied for the Dec testing, my information was updated in applicationmanager.gov Now that I have reapplied, has the website been changed? The latest posting shows: https://cbpmhc.hr-services.org/CBPO/ for registering for the written test and https://usatestmanager.gov/ for scheduling a time.

Seeing as though I will be using my previous test score, neither website is of use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9362 users online. 394 members and 8968 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X