300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
    No just a self certification form for medical and you'll prob have to do the New Fitness Standard
    What is "self certification"? Do you literally not have to redo the vision, hearing etc.?

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
      What is "self certification"? Do you literally not have to redo the vision, hearing etc.?
      they mail you a forms to fill out stating if anything has changed in your medical since you last had it done, then you fax it back , a few days later you sched your fitness, and do the EKG before your fitness then your done but like I said you'll have to do the new fitness standards more then likely but I didn't have to because that took affect after I retook

Comment

• I Got the Call

They offered me Douglas or Lukeville. I know I am not going to Lukeville so that leaves Douglas. I did not accept yet. I have some Army reserve stuff I have to accommodate. The guy said he could defer me but there is no guarantee what will be available at that time.

Erik
        CBP Officer
        NOR: 7/7 98
        QUALIFICATIONS: Pending (Qualifying based on education)
        GEO PREFERENCE: AZ
        PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:Pending
        MEDICAL: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
        FITNESS: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
        VBT: 9/4 (Tucson, AZ) COMPLETED in CASS
        DRUG TEST: Pending
        BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator 10/7)

Comment

• Hey guys I'm having some issues with filling out my past employment history. I got my T/O a couple of days ago and seem to be stuck on this section. I work construction in San Diego and I think some of my issues reside in the fact that I've worked with multiple companies multiple times and it's showing breaks in my history. Any direction would be appreciated.
          "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
            Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with having your family staying close by while you're in FLETC? Does anyone have any ideas on places to stay, etc.
            +1?
            You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
              Hey guys I'm having some issues with filling out my past employment history. I got my T/O a couple of days ago and seem to be stuck on this section. I work construction in San Diego and I think some of my issues reside in the fact that I've worked with multiple companies multiple times and it's showing breaks in my history. Any direction would be appreciated.
              I had exactly the same problem as I worked in a similar industry. All you can do is include all employment, even if it was for a couple of days. Some of the history will appear to overlap with 2 or more employers and some will seem to have large breaks. There should be a section to add additional comments on the SF86. Be sure to explain the nature of the job. As a contract worker it should be self expanitory, just be sure to point it out. Also in the description section of the job (duties etc.) you can make a short comment about that. I put that the job ended due to "lack of work" or "project ended". Cut and past it on all of the jobs. If you make it redundant like that it will stand out and help avoid any concerns

Comment

• Originally posted by erikb View Post
                They offered me Douglas or Lukeville. I know I am not going to Lukeville so that leaves Douglas. I did not accept yet. I have some Army reserve stuff I have to accommodate. The guy said he could defer me but there is no guarantee what will be available at that time.

Erik
                Congrats. When did you enter TSU?
                ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                Written: 5/15/08
                NOR: 5/20/08
                TO: 10/28/08
                Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                Fitness: 2/02/09
                BI: 3/15/09
                OB: 4/24
                EOD: 7/27
                FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                Written: 3/15/08
                NOR: 4/2/08
                TO: 5/22/08
                Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                VBT: 6/30/08
                Drug Test: 7/10/08
                Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                BI submitted: 10/10/08
                TSU: 4/2/09
                Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                EOD:

Comment

Hey guys I'm having some issues with filling out my past employment history. I got my T/O a couple of days ago and seem to be stuck on this section. I work construction in San Diego and I think some of my issues reside in the fact that I've worked with multiple companies multiple times and it's showing breaks in my history. Any direction would be appreciated.
                  Exact same issue here. Be as thorough and precise as you can be. Use old tax records, check stubs or anything else that you can to nail it down. It was a God-awful chore, but you must do it well. I did rough carpentry for 12 years during the boom and I moved around chasing the best money. I know that some of the addresses that I listed are no longer correct and some of the businesses don't even exist anymore. You need to fill in those breaks as best you can. Good luck.

Interesting information for anyone, especially those who are new:
                  http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=71&sid=1587916

I haven't been able to listen to all of it yet, though.
                  Last edited by DirtStyx; 04-13-2009, 02:41 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

• So although I followed the directions and listed multiple instances under one company I should also list them again in chronological order?
                    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Does anyone knows if they ask you to disclose any other applications you may have or had with other law enforcement agencies regardless of the status. I'm currently in the hiring process with the L.A. Sheriff but my priority is to become CBPO. I just wanna know if it affects the outcome of having to state such info?

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                        Congrats. When did you enter TSU?
                        4/9/09

I think AZ is a high priority fill GEO.

Erik
                        CBP Officer
                        NOR: 7/7 98
                        QUALIFICATIONS: Pending (Qualifying based on education)
                        GEO PREFERENCE: AZ
                        PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:Pending
                        MEDICAL: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
                        FITNESS: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
                        VBT: 9/4 (Tucson, AZ) COMPLETED in CASS
                        DRUG TEST: Pending
                        BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator 10/7)

Comment

• I even had to add "no known address existed at time of survey". Lots of projects I worked on were in the middle of nowhere. If I had a street to use I was lucky. Very very time consuming. When you finally get it done SAVE it. You will need the information again at some point.

Comment

• a wife and 2 kids

Comment

So although I followed the directions and listed multiple instances under one company I should also list them again in chronological order?
                              I gave a blanket time period I worked for company XYZ and stated during this time period I was employed on several projects etc. etc. It is impossible to know exact dates and in some cases even the months. Trust me if I was able to do it with my job anyone can. The type of contract work I did is waaaacky at best in terms of describing periods of employment/unemployment.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                                +1?
                                a wife and 2 kids

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6864 users online. 390 members and 6474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X