Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well good luck to you. Hopefully you get it sometime this week. Its a fresh week!

Comment

• On Thursday my BI turned ‘Complete’ on CASS and on Friday I’ve got a call from my investigator that she wants to meet with me on Wednesday at a local library. I’ve done a search on this forum (so don’t bark at me for asking this question) and some advices are to bring my own copy of SF-86, and have extra references available. What else? She said it will take few hours… what am I to expect? There is hardly enough info in my SF86 to go over in 45 minutes…. So, how does the interview looks like and how to best prepare for it?

Thanks!

M.
      CBPO Timeline
      Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
      NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
      Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
      Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
      Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
      BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
      Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
      The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
      EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
      FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
      Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
        On Thursday my BI turned ‘Complete’ on CASS and on Friday I’ve got a call from my investigator that she wants to meet with me on Wednesday at a local library. I’ve done a search on this forum (so don’t bark at me for asking this question) and some advices are to bring my own copy of SF-86, and have extra references available. What else? She said it will take few hours… what am I to expect? There is hardly enough info in my SF86 to go over in 45 minutes…. So, how does the interview looks like and how to best prepare for it?

Thanks!

M.
        I notice that there isn't a specific script that they follow. Every investigation is different. As he interview different people, he will do things based on the information he is gathering.
        Last edited by usvi; 04-12-2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• talking about inmates, when I was in Border Patrol 14 years ago, the inmates made parts of the bullet proof vest. Now that was really comforting!

Comment

• thats frightening lol

Comment

• I received a letter on Friday stating I met all of the requirements and have been sent to TSU. My Geo is AZ.

Erik
              CBP Officer
              NOR: 7/7 98
              QUALIFICATIONS: Pending (Qualifying based on education)
              GEO PREFERENCE: AZ
              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:Pending
              MEDICAL: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
              FITNESS: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
              VBT: 9/4 (Tucson, AZ) COMPLETED in CASS
              DRUG TEST: Pending
              BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator 10/7)

Comment

• Hey ErikB and SDtoGA ...silly question maybe, but did you have to sign for the mail, like Certified Mail or something? What part of AZ are you hoping for?

Comment

• I have never had to sign for anything. I was a legacy Customs Inspector in Naco. Its the closest to my house but it is slower than the others that are close. Honestly I would prefer Tucson or Phoenix simply because I am thinking long term. Realistically I will get offered Nogales or Douglas. If I am offered Yuma or Lukeville I will likely decline because I do not want to move my family there. I guess we'll see what the TSU gods have to offer.

Erik
                  CBP Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by erikb View Post
                    I have never had to sign for anything. I was a legacy Customs Inspector in Naco. Its the closest to my house but it is slower than the others that are close. Honestly I would prefer Tucson or Phoenix simply because I am thinking long term. Realistically I will get offered Nogales or Douglas. If I am offered Yuma or Lukeville I will likely decline because I do not want to move my family there. I guess we'll see what the TSU gods have to offer.

Erik
                    i preffer that to but have to wait and see what they offer me !

Comment

• Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                      Hey ErikB and SDtoGA ...silly question maybe, but did you have to sign for the mail, like Certified Mail or something? What part of AZ are you hoping for?
                      I have never had to sign for anything either, all the letters I have received have come through regular mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by erikb View Post
                        I have never had to sign for anything. I was a legacy Customs Inspector in Naco. Its the closest to my house but it is slower than the others that are close. Honestly I would prefer Tucson or Phoenix simply because I am thinking long term. Realistically I will get offered Nogales or Douglas. If I am offered Yuma or Lukeville I will likely decline because I do not want to move my family there. I guess we'll see what the TSU gods have to offer.

Erik
                        What's a Legacy Customs Inspector?

Comment

• Originally posted by blessed View Post
                          What's a Legacy Customs Inspector?
                          Well...

One answer, and probably the clearest...anybody working for the US Customs Service as a 1890 Customs Inspector on or before March 01, 2003.

Comment

• Before CBP Officers existed, ports were manned by Customs Inspectors who were part of the Dept of Treasury and Immigration Inspectors who were part of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (I think that's were they fell). With the creation of the DHS, CBP Officer was created and both of those positions were converted to CBP Officer. In the old days the drug smugglers would try and pass their loads when the II guy was on the lane. The fake document people would try and pass on the Customs guys.

Erik
                            CBP Officer

Comment

• Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with having your family staying close by while you're in FLETC? Does anyone have any ideas on places to stay, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                                Hey ErikB and SDtoGA ...silly question maybe, but did you have to sign for the mail, like Certified Mail or something? What part of AZ are you hoping for?
                                They have sent me something express mail before that required me signing for it, but everything else was regular mail or priority.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6313 users online. 381 members and 5932 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X