• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually like the chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
      III. Food

1. Stay away from the chicken
      2. Learn how to scan your card fast, no one wants to wait on you.
      3. Find a friend with a car, I haven't even been here 2 weeks and i'm already wanting to eat off base about once a week.
      The chow hall was my biggest irritant. Use your head and get through the line. Look behind you before stepping away from the counter. Don't act like the lost little girl in Walmart when you are getting and "paying" for your food. Unless you have a restrictive diet, you really don't need (and probably don't want) to know exactly what you are eating. Calling food by its name impresses nobody. Pointing and saying, "I want some of that, please." is fine. I saw one guy holding up the line by texting in front of the coke dispenser like the world revolved around him.

My suggestion with the scan card is to use one scanner on each side and figure out how to scan your card quickly. Then stay with that line as much as possible. The chow hall food really wasn't that good and definitely wasn't worth waiting for. Get in, get fed, and get out, before you have a chance to taste it.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Government issued chicken comes in yellow and green variations. Stay away from the green, unless you have a stomach that can process real Mexican food with no signs of diarrhea
        Last edited by AmahastPL; 04-11-2009, 04:53 PM.
        CBPO Timeline
        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          I actually like the chicken.
          We talking monday chicken or sunday chicken?

(big difference!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
            I. First Day of Class

On the first day of class the dress code is business casual. The norm seems to be that after orientation you will go and get your smurfs. 3 pants, 4 shirts, web belt, wind breaker jacket that does not break the wind, keep you warm, or repel water (Don't lose the jacket or the belt, belt is $25 and jacket is $50)

You will wear your smurfs the next day and there after until your real uniforms come in. Make sure to bring a pair of black shoes that are "boot like" that you can shine the tip of. Your uniform standards you are held to will vary greatly depending on your coordinator so come prepared for the worst there is.

II. Second day

Second day you will get your leather gear and instructions on how to set it up.

III. Food

1. Stay away from the chicken
            2. Learn how to scan your card fast, no one wants to wait on you.
            3. Find a friend with a car, I haven't even been here 2 weeks and i'm already wanting to eat off base about once a week.

IV. Internet

There are computers in the library, but if you bring a laptop you need to either A. bring a broadband card thru a cell/satelite provider B. get the dial up in your room, or C. use the student center wireless that has a hard time with the strain of multiple people using it. Oh and the student center doesn't open until 4:30pm EST on weekends, as I write this I am sitting on the front of it laptop against the glass to get a decent signal

Thats what I came up with for now....I'll put more down later as I come up with it.
            Thanks for the info! I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I get there that way there are no surprises.

Comment

• I got one of those notices in the mail that says I have a 'Large Envelope' waiting for me at the post office from CBP . It came at 3 pm - half an hour after the post office closes, so I'm stuck wondering what the heck this letter says until Monday. I'm hoping I'll open it and balloons and confetti will float out of it while 'He's a Jolly Good Fellow' is being played by some brass instrument in the background..........Well thats what I WAS hoping for until I read the posting that says that the good news doesnt come in an envelope......................Its gonna be a long weekend...HAPPY EASTER!

Comment

• BI complete

so i will not get a letter stating that my BI is complete? how do i know for sure that my BI is complete and its just not a glitch in the system (cass)? so what is the next step? am i waiting for the call? how do i know when im in tsu?

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                  Government issued chicken comes in yellow and green variations. Stay away from the green, unless you have a stomach that can process real Mexican food with no signs of diarrhea
                  True Story: I work in a prison and the boxes of chicken that the inmates get for dinner says in big bold red letters "NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION"

Comment

• sorry another question

so i cant beleive im not getting a letter, cause i have gotten a letter for every other step i have completed. can i call to make sure everything is complete?

Comment

• I dunno,..I hope Merlin, and Barnaj and Yoda arent taking the weekend off from posting

Comment

• Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                        True Story: I work in a prison and the boxes of chicken that the inmates get for dinner says in big bold red letters "NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION"

Guess who's cooking the chicken at FLETC...?

Inmates.

Comment

• nice ones I hope

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Guess who's cooking the chicken at FLETC...?

Inmates.
                            Naw, not anymore. They contracted the "cooking" out. But even better, the inmates drive around base with big lawn mowers and have lot's of power tools. Plus they get to eat in the chow hall.

For all you at FLETC, see the guys with the white shirts and green pants? Yep that's a Federal Inmate (lowest custody level, but still).

Comment

• That's not comforting knowing inmates are dealing with furute leo's food... Yeah thats not good Parmesan cheese... its dander from their heads haha...//

SD to GA Call the number to hear the cass updates then.. 612-467-7040 gotta know your id number.

Comment

• BI complete

so i just checked the mail and i got a letter saying that all my steps are complete and to wait for the "call"! thanks for all your guys postings it has really helped me through this!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7476 users online. 395 members and 7081 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X