300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
    I'd say no on the h2o. If someone can't run a 1.5 mile without water then that is pretty pathetic.
    Thanks for the advice. I will take in in stride.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
      No offense in anyway, but hell, you are running it in 12. You don't need any water, you are running a very good time.
      No offense taken. Last post I was just tring to make a joke. The only reason I take water with me is so my throat doesn't get too dry. I also walk 2 hours after running for an urban hike. I also asked since one suggestion I keep seeing on the forum is to get bottled water at FLETC from the local walmart. I guess the water is bad on the campus.

Plus 12min 1.5 mile run seems pretty standard to me. It's a pretty steady jogging pace without any stops. I would try to increase my pace, but I don't won't to injury myself. Especially if the minimum time is around 15:00.
      Last edited by TPA3312; 04-10-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• In TSU since 4/2 for Long Beach! Can't wait!

Comment

• Hey all, Im trying to find out how much a recruit would make while training at F.L.E.T.C. in Georgia. Ive taken the written, physical fitness, physical and pee test. BI is still in the security office. Im just trying to plan out what I need to do for the future. Its for the CBPO position. Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by WMERZ; 04-10-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
            Thanks for the advice. I will take in in stride.
            pm me...

Comment

• anyone taken the cbpo test yet? I got the packet and I absolutely blow at the logical reasoning part! I was wondering if it is tough and what the passing rate is. I took the FBI exam two months ago and the logical reasoning was ridiculous! Any insight would be great. Peace

Comment

• Originally posted by buffb27 View Post
                anyone taken the cbpo test yet? I got the packet and I absolutely blow at the logical reasoning part! I was wondering if it is tough and what the passing rate is. I took the FBI exam two months ago and the logical reasoning was ridiculous! Any insight would be great. Peace
                The logical portion of the test was not that bad for me. I guess it depends on the person and the way they think. The part I had the most trouble with was the math section. I studied for weeks the study guide and understood the concepts but during the test was surprised with the size of the numbers. In the study guide the figures were in the tens and hundreds. But on the test the figures were in the hundred thousands and millions.

Comment

Oh I am. That is the last thing I want to worry about in the academy. I try to do it every other weekday, mid-day when the Florida weather is at it's worst. I figure if I can stand the FL weather GA will be a piece of cake. I have a pretty firm pace set now completing the 1.5 mile in 12:00, but still able to do a 220 yard sprint right after.

I do have a question about the run test. During the run are you allowed to have a water bottle, or should that be the next step in my training going without?
                  You could if you want. The bottle comes in a fanny pack. I would think it would slow you down. Remember you'll be doing the sit and reach, bench press, agility run, pushups, and situps before you run. These things can tire you out before hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    You could if you want. The bottle comes in a fanny pack. I would think it would slow you down. Remember you'll be doing the sit and reach, bench press, agility run, pushups, and situps before you run. These things can tire you out before hand.
                    Thanks for the tips. Fanny pack? I thought those went out with the 80s?

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Fanny pack? I thought those went out with the 80s?
                      You get issued a fanny pack that holds the water bottle, You are allowed to wear it during the run, no one in my class did though.

by the way, don't twist your ankle the day before you leave for FLETC....the run suddenly becomes alot worse (I still passed thank god).

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaric View Post
                        by the way, don't twist your ankle the day before you leave for FLETC....the run suddenly becomes alot worse (I still passed thank god).
                        That's the exact reason why I don't push myself a crazy amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
                          Well, for an update for my fellow WA'tonians.....my BI came today and he seemed pretty straight....as in straight faced, straight attitude and all. He was friendlier to my girlfriend's dog (dogsitting for the week) than he was to me. I was only able to make him laugh or even chuckle at one of my jokes/attempts to lighten to mood. He said he had to get it turned in by Monday. Seemed like he just doin his job, not so much helping me get mine (as some have mentioned here). He said he gotta hit my file hard tomorrow--visit my previous employer, call a few contact, etc. Gotta go to the Chiropractor tomorrow for the eval of my VA disability. And then hopefully I'll eventually get the call.

mlrtme, where ya at?? Where are you with things??

How bout the rest of the NW'ers??
                          The last thing I've been waiting on for a few weeks is something to get cleared up with my medical. I met my doctor on 3/31 and got cleared, but CASS hasn't shown anything updated yet. I feel like I am in TSU, but I am not.
                          Written: 12/9
                          NOR: 12/12 (94)
                          TO: 1/29
                          VBT: 2/26 completed
                          Medical: 4/27 completed
                          Fitness: 3/2 completed
                          Drug: 3/12 completed
                          BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                          Quals: completed on 3/19
                          The Call: 4/27
                          EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                          FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Anyone got the link to delphi forums for CBP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
                              Anyone got the link to delphi forums for CBP?
                              Have you tried going to delphiforums.com and searching "CBP"? I was able to find it in a few seconds. Or are you trying to advertise for it?

Comment

• Hey for you guys who flew into FLETC. i see on the Fletc student info area for Brunswick that they provide a regionial jet. Is that something anyone has done here? I will be leaving out of JFK and i see every flight from jfk to bqk the airport nearest fletc has connecting flights.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4949 users online. 309 members and 4640 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X