300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
    Today is my birthday; day started pretty good, I run some errands, then had some tea... I've logged in to CASS to stare at "pending" next to my BI for a while, it's Thursday after all. Instead I've found this:

A perfect gift from CBP!

M.
    Congrats, and happy birthday
    Tested March 08
    TO June 08
    Medical COMPLETE 12/08
    VBT complete 08 passed
    Qualification GS-5 September 08
    BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
    NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by mrst View Post
      Here's a question I don't think has been answered... The new announcement listed WA Northern Locations as "few vacancies." Since my husband already has a TO for Northern WA and has cleared everything except the pending BI, should he be worried about getting a position, or does the "few vacancies" mean for new TO's? Just wondering how that works...

The announcement I just checked on USAJobs lists "Many vacancies - Washington Northern Border". Maybe you have an older version of it?

Regardless, if someone already has a TO I wouldn't worry too much. Northern Border WA bleeds CBPOs regularly, especially from pretty much every place east of Sumas.

Comment

• My BI is on his way! Yes!
        Test: 12/8/08
        EOD: June 22, 2009
        Class 960
        FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
          I registered and took the written test (100 w/o Vet) during the last limited locations open period in January 2009, and sent in a change of geographic preference under this nationwide open period announcement.

I received this email this morning in response:

"Your name has been referred to the FOH Unit. If you are tentatively selected, you will be contacted via U.S. mail in approximately 4-6 weeks. If you are not selected, your name will be placed back into the CBPO inventory for future referrals and you will not be notified.

You cannot change your location while you are in this process. If you are not selected, we will process your change of location."

Does this mean that a possible TO is pending for the old geographic preference that I am no longer interested in? I searched and came up empty as to where the FOH Unit is located in the selection process. It seems like I am located in the gray area between receiving the NOR and before the TO. I know I can just reapply online after having already receiving a TO. In essence, by the time I get the TO (if it comes), this new announcement will have already expired and I will no longer have the opportunity to reapply and change my geo-preference. Should I just reapply online now (assuming the TO is on its way) since they will not process my geo-change until I am not selected?
          I don't think you can change your Geo, without first receiveing the pre-employment packet. Sure sounds like your in the gray. What the heck is FOH!!!
          Last edited by FreeAgent; 04-09-2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
            I don't think you can change your Geo, without first receiveing the pre-employment packet. Sure sounds like your in the gray. What the heck is FOH!!!
            I have no clue what FOH is either.. possibilities are "File on Hold" or "File on Hand"

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalo14227 View Post
              I have no clue what FOH is either.. possibilities are "File on Hold" or "File on Hand"
              Darn gov't acronyms.

Comment

• I did some googling and have found that FOH is an acronym for Federal Occupational Health.. see the below link

http://www.foh.dhhs.gov/

So this has something to do with your physical, did you take the physical yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalo14227 View Post
                  I did some googling and have found that FOH is an acronym for Federal Occupational Health.. see the below link

http://www.foh.dhhs.gov/

So this has something to do with your physical, did you take the physical yet?
                  I don't think FOH has anything to do with a pysical. From the post it sounds like he/she hasn't even recieved a TO yet since they asked if it was due to a "possible TO is pending". And if no TO, no physical can be scheduled or completed.
                  Last edited by TPA3312; 04-09-2009, 07:55 PM.
                  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Here's a question that I have not seen much information about. I tested back in Dec and was foreced to turn down the TO at the time due to family reasons. When I reapplied for the current opening, it said my test score was still good and that I would receive my NOR from OPM. Would I techniqually be placed before everyone who has to take the test, as my test has already been scored? Or would I fall into line with everyone else who is waiting to test?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                      Here's a question that I have not seen much information about. I tested back in Dec and was foreced to turn down the TO at the time due to family reasons. When I reapplied for the current opening, it said my test score was still good and that I would receive my NOR from OPM. Would I techniqually be placed before everyone who has to take the test, as my test has already been scored? Or would I fall into line with everyone else who is waiting to test?

Thanks in advance.
                      If you have a test score, you get in line with that score. It does not matter when you tested. Once other people test...if they test higher then they move above you on the list, regardless of when they test.

Comment

• Alright, need honest opinions here.

Received my TO today for the Southwest sector of San Diego (San Ysidro, Tecate, Otay Mesa) and needed some honest opinions. I've heard many things, but take everything with a grain of salt. I've heard that the moral of these ports are pretty low and have been for some time and therefore turnover is high. Is it due to working conditions or is it there a problem in the leadership?

Also, I have a very young family (2yr old with another 1 due next month) and I'm already dreading going to GA if accepted. One of my big concerns is that from gathering info, that I would be working a tremendous amount of time due to the activity in this sector. Can anyone give me an idea of what the working hours would be?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          If you have a test score, you get in line with that score. It does not matter when you tested. Once other people test...if they test higher then they move above you on the list, regardless of when they test.
                          Thanks for the explanation Merlin. I did well on the test but chose a very competetitive port. Let's see if my 98 holds up for Newark.
                          Last edited by Walla183; 04-09-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• hi

FYI, I graduated FLETC on 3/5/09, and am working at JFK Airport. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer based on my experiences. I see quite a few of you are heading my way and I can imagine you have many questions on whats going to happen and how it happens. Like I said feel free to contact me.

Good Luck to all!
                            CBPO
                            TESTED: 3/24/08 New York, NY
                            NOR: 4/24/08 - 97 (NO VET)
                            GEO PREFERENCE - JFK NEW YORK, NY
                            TO: 6/26/08
                            PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS - 7/2/08
                            MEDICAL - PASSED 7/21/08
                            FITNESS - PASSED 7/21/08
                            VBT - PASSED 8/12/08
                            QUALS - GS5 9/16/08
                            DRUG TEST - PASSED 8/22/08
                            BI - CLEARED (MET W/ BI 9/12/08, CLEARED 9/25/08)
                            CALL - 10/3/08 @ 8AM EST

EOD - 10/20/08
                            FLETC - 11/13/08 - 3/05/09
                            CLASS - CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by MissNia23 View Post
                              hi

FYI, I graduated FLETC on 3/5/09, and am working at JFK Airport. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer based on my experiences. I see quite a few of you are heading my way and I can imagine you have many questions on whats going to happen and how it happens. Like I said feel free to contact me.

Good Luck to all!
                              Welcome to the forum MissNia. It's great to see you on the forum. We need as many active CBPOs as we can get to help answer questions. I have a question for you. Do you have any FLETC tips for us applicants?
                              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• MissNia have u heard of anyone having to take a poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13089 users online. 342 members and 12747 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X