Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is my birthday; day started pretty good, I run some errands, then had some tea... I've logged in to CASS to stare at "pending" next to my BI for a while, it's Thursday after all. Instead I've found this:

A perfect gift from CBP!

M.
    CBPO Timeline
    Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
    NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
    Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
    Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
    Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
    BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
    Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
    The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
    EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
    FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
    Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
      Today is my birthday; day started pretty good, I run some errands, then had some tea... I've logged in to CASS to stare at "pending" next to my BI for a while, it's Thursday after all. Instead I've found this:

A perfect gift from CBP!
      Happy birthday, and congrats on completing your pre-employment steps.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Merlin, Kc12, and Smk99 thank you very much for the insight and info.

Comment

• Congrats and Happy Birthday! My background also showed completed today. The funny thing is I have yet to take the VBT. Another thing, is it odd that I have not taken the VBT yet? I know its only interim clearance, but its about 7-8 weeks since my TO. I left a message on the interview board's voice message, but have not received any word about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
            Congrats and Happy Birthday! My background also showed completed today. The funny thing is I have yet to take the VBT. Another thing, is it odd that I have not taken the VBT yet? I know its only interim clearance, but its about 7-8 weeks since my TO. I left a message on the interview board's voice message, but have not received any word about it.
            You are correct it is only an interim clearance. It's nothing to worry about, and there is nothing the interview board can do, so that’s probably why you haven't received a call back. Your SF86 was reviewed and no apparent redflags were spotted. As I said don’t worry, and you will probably have your BI interview while at FLETC.

Comment

• Thanks, I knew about the interim clearance from the other postings. Im just down because I wish I can get the ball rolling on the other steps

Comment

• Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
                Thanks, I knew about the interim clearance from the other postings. Im just down because I wish I can get the ball rolling on the other steps
                Don't worry about the other steps. They will be done before you know it. You got the big one out of the way. When I started the process it was about 2 months or so from my TO before MHC scheduled me for med/fit and the vbt wasn't until a month after that.
                Last edited by bulldog777; 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling is tough
                CBPO
                Tested - 8/21/08
                TO - 9/23/08
                TSU - 12/23/08
                Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Here's a question I don't think has been answered... The new announcement listed WA Northern Locations as "few vacancies." Since my husband already has a TO for Northern WA and has cleared everything except the pending BI, should he be worried about getting a position, or does the "few vacancies" mean for new TO's? Just wondering how that works...

Comment

• TSU waiting room for FL

Lemme take a seat....been in here since 4/3/09.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUcj97 View Post
                      Hey I'm another Florida man waiting in line also. I hope we have good luck.
                      Last edited by TPA3312; 04-09-2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• TSU Waiting ROOM

Originally posted by NUcj97 View Post
                        I'm here in the TSU waiting room for St. Thomas, USVI. Been here since 3/26.

Comment

• thanks bulldog its good to know im not alone =)

Comment

• FOH Unit?

I registered and took the written test (100 w/o Vet) during the last limited locations open period in January 2009, and sent in a change of geographic preference under this nationwide open period announcement.

I received this email this morning in response:

"Your name has been referred to the FOH Unit. If you are tentatively selected, you will be contacted via U.S. mail in approximately 4-6 weeks. If you are not selected, your name will be placed back into the CBPO inventory for future referrals and you will not be notified.

You cannot change your location while you are in this process. If you are not selected, we will process your change of location."

Does this mean that a possible TO is pending for the old geographic preference that I am no longer interested in? I searched and came up empty as to where the FOH Unit is located in the selection process. It seems like I am located in the gray area between receiving the NOR and before the TO. I know I can just reapply online after having already receiving a TO. In essence, by the time I get the TO (if it comes), this new announcement will have already expired and I will no longer have the opportunity to reapply and change my geo-preference. Should I just reapply online now (assuming the TO is on its way) since they will not process my geo-change until I am not selected?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                              I registered and took the written test (100 w/o Vet) during the last limited locations open period in January 2009, and sent in a change of geographic preference under this nationwide open period announcement.

"Your name has been referred to the FOH Unit. If you are tentatively selected, you will be contacted via U.S. mail in approximately 4-6 weeks. If you are not selected, your name will be placed back into the CBPO inventory for future referrals and you will not be notified.

You cannot change your location while you are in this process. If you are not selected, we will process your change of location."

Does this mean that a possible TO is pending for the old geographic preference that I am no longer interested in? I searched and came up empty as to where the FOH Unit is located in the selection process. It seems like I am located in the gray area between receiving the NOR and before the TO. I know I can just reapply online after having already receiving a TO. In essence, by the time I get the TO (if it comes), this new announcement will have already expired and I will no longer have the opportunity to reapply and change my geo-preference. Should I just reapply online now (assuming the TO is on its way) since they will not process my geo-change until I am not selected?

Im pretty knowledgeable about the hiring process but what is FOH? Thats a new one for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post

I would suggest calling the hiring center to see if they can explain your situation better. When you do find out could you let us know what the FOH Unit is? I have never heard of that either.
                                Last edited by TPA3312; 04-09-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5500 users online. 235 members and 5265 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X