300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Applying While In TSU

I have searched the threads, and can not find an answer to my question. So I am calling out to all CBPO's and prospective CBPO's. If I am have been referred to TSU for a geo location, and I wish to change my mind to another geo location hoping to boost the odds, what will happen? Will I have to start everything all over (I hope not!!!!!)? I am in TSU for SFO/OAK, but want to change it to CA-All Locations, since Calexico and Andrade are hot right now. Thanks everyone!!!
    Geo Area: SFO/OAK
    Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
    NOR: 09/2008
    TO: 09/25/08
    Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
    Drug Test: 11/2008
    Oral Board: 12/03/08
    BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
    Qualifications: 03/17/09
    Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
    Geo Area: San Francisco County
    Written:05/26/09
    T.O.:08/28/09
    Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
    Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
    Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
      I have searched the threads, and can not find an answer to my question. So I am calling out to all CBPO's and prospective CBPO's. If I am have been referred to TSU for a geo location, and I wish to change my mind to another geo location hoping to boost the odds, what will happen? Will I have to start everything all over (I hope not!!!!!)? I am in TSU for SFO/OAK, but want to change it to CA-All Locations, since Calexico and Andrade are hot right now. Thanks everyone!!!
      It cant hurt to reapply. As has been mentioned before, never turn down an offer. You can have two t.o.'s for two different locations running concurently i believe.

Comment

• Well since your already in TSU, then you are almost their thats like 98% their. You should stay because you would have to reapply and wait. IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
          Well since your already in TSU, then you are almost their thats like 98% their. You should stay because you would have to reapply and wait. IMO
          This is not much of an issue. Like i said, just dont turn down an offer in the mean time. Odds are if you're in TSU and you get a t.o. for another locale that you'd rather work at, most if not all your pre-employment steps will still be valid so your wait shouldn't be too long.

Comment

• Called TSU. The lady said that there is only 1 person ahead of me for PA and that they schedule for PA pretty frequently. My CBPO buddy at PHL says he sees new bodies arriving almost weekly.

Encouraging news.
            Last edited by JDNoble81; 04-08-2009, 03:56 PM. Reason: sp
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
              Called TSU. The lady said that there is only 1 person ahead of me for PA and that they schedule for PA pretty frequently. My CBPO buddy at PHL says he says new bodies arriving almost weekly.

Encouraging news.
              After seeing your post I decided I would try giving TSU a call to see what was going on with my file. The lady I talked to was very nice and explained to me Florida was full, which she said was unsual, and that I was about #8 in line. I'm happy to hear I'm almost to the front of the line, but confused to hear Florida is full but was listed on the new anoucement. But what can I say? The government works in mysterious way.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                After seeing your post I decided I would try giving TSU a call to see what was going on with my file. The lady I talked to was very nice and explained to me Florida was full, which she said was unsual, and that I was about #8 in line. I'm happy to hear I'm almost to the front of the line, but confused to hear Florida is full but was listed on the new anoucement. But what can I say? The government works in mysterious way.

CBPO Pennsylvania
                EOD:

Comment

• Has anyone ever been asked to do a polygraph??

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                    Has anyone ever been asked to do a polygraph??
                    Under the annoucement I applied back in Dec. 08 a polygraph was not listed. I did notice the new annoucement posted on Monday did have it listed. I'm guessing it is a new thing CBP is using. I have read posts by several (about 1 of 6) BPAs saying they were requested to submit to a poly exam.
                    Last edited by TPA3312; 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Yea I think the pre employment had changed and requires that

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                        Yea I think the pre employment had changed and requires that
                        I wouldn't say they require it. Just conduct it randomly on applicants. About 1 out of six. And a majority in the DC area from the HonorFirst forum. But that's Border Patrol of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post

After seeing both of your post, I inquired about my file and the guy told me there is no way possible for him to know what "number" I am in line. He said there is a lot of variables that decide when someone gets hired (test scores for example) and that all they do there is wait for headquarters to send them the next batch of hires along with the approval for funding.

Comment

• Originally posted by usvi View Post
                            After seeing both of your post, I inquired about my file and the guy told me there is no way possible for him to know what "number" I am in line. He said there is a lot of variables that decide when someone gets hired (test scores for example) and that all they do there is wait for headquarters to send them the next batch of hires along with the approval for funding.
                            Thats not true. Sounds like the guy just wanted to get you off the phone.

CBPO Pennsylvania
                            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by usvi View Post
                              cbpstyle, I know you are anxious to get the call, how come you havent called the cbp hotline and see what number in line you are for Miami,FL since a couple guys actually got their position in line in the TSU??

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                                Thats not true. Sounds like the guy just wanted to get you off the phone.
                                I do not know what to think about that. Now that you mention it, when I first got on the phone i said, "Good afternoon, my name is ______ and my application ID is _ _ " and before i can get to the third digit he cut me off to ask what I needed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10349 users online. 303 members and 10046 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X