300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guzz411

I took the same test and received a COE. I have since done the medical/fit test and Video test. These were both completed within a week of each other in September. However, I have not heard anything since.

Comment

does anyone know the cut off age for cbp. In some websites it says 37,but in their web site it says 40.
      I`d rather have one hundred enemies than one backstabbing friend.

Comment

Originally posted by theconstipated1
        does anyone know the cut off age for cbp. In some websites it says 37,but in their web site it says 40.
        Under the current retirement system, there is no age limit for CBP Officer. CBP Border patrol agent, FPS Officer, and Secret Service agent are 37.

Comment

question?

Originally posted by ArmouredSainT
          Under the current retirement system, there is no age limit for CBP Officer. CBP Border patrol agent, FPS Officer, and Secret Service agent are 37.
          I thought FPS gs-0083 did not have a age limit only their special agents did?
          I thought as a 0083 they fell with va & dod police?

Comment

Border patrol agent cutoff is 40. CBP officer positions have no cutoff.

Comment

I may just be wrong, but I believed that they were 37...who knows????

Comment

you can work at teterboro and morristown airports, and the air force base but you will not see those places until you get to know the right people. you have to be on the seaport unit first. not likely but can be done. how are your ass kissing skills? ive never worked those areas but have been there to visit friends and they are the best gig for not working and getting PAID$$$

Comment

check this out

Thinking of a career with CBP? Check this out:

http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2006...land-security/

A survey of Department of Homeland Security employees reveals that morale in the department is, well, very low.

At the Department of Homeland Security, only 12 percent of the more than 10,000 employees who returned a government questionnaire said they felt strongly that they are “encouraged to come up with new and better ways of doing things.”

In the agency, which has responsibility for protecting the country against terrorism and responding to natural disasters, only 3 percent of employees said they are confident that personnel decisions are “based on merit.”

Fewer than 18 percent said they feel strongly that they are “held accountable for achieving results.” And just 4 percent said they are sure that “creativity and innovation are rewarded.”

In each instance and many others, the responses of the Homeland Security employees were less favorable than those of all the other departments and agencies surveyed by the federal Office of Personnel Management, a new study by an outside research organization shows.

Experts in human resources said the morale problems indicated in the survey should be of serious concern to the top officials.
                  Last edited by 1895bombdog; 10-12-2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I highly doubt you're going to find an un-biased article at homeland"stupidity".com..So it really is that bad in Customs? Is Border Patrol around the same, when it comes to morale?

Comment

Originally posted by JSS1284
                      I highly doubt you're going to find an un-biased article at homeland"stupidity".com..So it really is that bad in Customs? Is Border Patrol around the same, when it comes to morale?
                      Site refers to a survey done by the US Office of Personnel Management.

Comment

So the job is really that bad then eh? Graduating next year with a BA in accounting, but really wanted to give Fed LE atleast a shot. Is it basically that you guys are short-handed, or that the job is so repetitive? From the outsider's perspective Customs Officers seemed to be respected members in the LE community who have very important jobs. So whats with the low morale??

Comment

Originally posted by JSS1284
                          So the job is really that bad then eh? Graduating next year with a BA in accounting, but really wanted to give Fed LE atleast a shot. Is it basically that you guys are short-handed, or that the job is so repetitive? From the outsider's perspective Customs Officers seemed to be respected members in the LE community who have very important jobs. So whats with the low morale??

We have a union that works against anything that can help us establish credibility. We have a lot of morons working for us. We have a lot of problems at ports with people being hired due to who they know or are related to versus their merit and/or background. If I were coming out of college, I would apply only for 1811 positions and skip CBP unless you are over 37, which at that point you can make it work, and sometimes you may be rewarded depending on where you are stationed.

Comment

Religious Observances and Schedules

Does CBP allow religious groups to observe certain days on a regular basis where accomadation is needed in scheduling. Examples are for Jewish or Adventists people observing the Sabbath or various churches, Seventh-day Baptist etc... Or is the 6 day or 7 day schedule strict with no leniancy?

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Paybanding

http://www.federaltimes.com/index.php?S=2141199

Does this mean no paybanding for cbp officers?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9153 users online. 368 members and 8785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X