300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    By the time you get to be a GS-11/03...a GS11/03 will be making a fair bit more than one currently does. You'll probably hit that level in base pay as a GS-11/01.

If you're looking at just base pay...pretty much no one earns just base pay. Once you add in Sunday/night/evening differentials, holiday pay and overtime, you'll likely be making GS-11/03 base pay as GS-09...if you can see the overtime, it's possible as a GS-07. Someplaces, it might even be possible as a GS-05.
    Merlin,
    Thanks for the response. That helps. I am really torn as to what geo to apply under. I currently reside in Alabama, but also think I would love Florida. My wife and I have a little girl and both of our families are close by so that makes moving away a little more difficult. I see that in Alabama there is a port in Birmingham (where I reside now), Huntsville, and Mobile. My thinking is that most openings would probably be in Mobile, because there is a seaport there. My question is, what would a day be like in Birmingham or Huntsville? Neither has an international airport and they obviously aren't on the water. Thanks for any help.

Comment

• QUESTION
      I'm in TSU since 3/30. My drug test will be a year on April 18th will I go back to pending and have to do that test over

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
        QUESTION
        I'm in TSU since 3/30. My drug test will be a year on April 18th will I go back to pending and have to do that test over
        In theory, yes. But i had to redo both the med and fit tests after they expired, but they never called me in for a drug test again.

Comment

• Well I already redid my Medical and Fitness

Comment

• Urgent question about Montana

I have to pick out of 6 locations in Montana by the end of today. Does anyone know which pOes have government housing for families? I heard that some of the ports in MT do.

Comment

• 9 days in TSU !! Please Call me !!!

Comment

• I got the call first thing this morning. BI cleared April 2.

EOD May 4th
                FLETC June 4th

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                  If you want more specifics you need to address your questions to whatever port you are going to. As I stated before every port is different. Your schedule will be based on the needs of your port. As the new guy you will be on the bottom of the seniority list so you will be last in consideration for schedules and special assignments. As far as likes and dislikes, I like to see the look on peoples face when they find out that we are arresting them for an outstanding warrent, I like working a case that results in a removal. I like doing customs work, I like helping to get child preditors off of the street, I like anything that gives me the opportunity to do enforcement. I don't like working primary. I don't like the overwelming amout of paperwork needed to get things done. That being said it's all part of the job. You gotta take the good with the bad.
                  I EOD April 13th at San Ysidro. May 20 I leave for FLETC. Does anyone have any info about San Ysidro as far as work environment, over-time, and likes & dislikes? Feel free to share any other info about the POE. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                    I got the call first thing this morning. BI cleared April 2.

EOD May 4th
                    FLETC June 4th
                    Congrats on getting called. Was your selection Miami, and what did they offer?
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

EOD May 4th
                      FLETC June 4th
                      Congrats. Seems like a lot of calls are going out today.

I entered TSU on April 2. Waiting by the phone.
                      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                      Written: 5/15/08
                      NOR: 5/20/08
                      TO: 10/28/08
                      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                      Fitness: 2/02/09
                      BI: 3/15/09
                      OB: 4/24
                      EOD: 7/27
                      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                      Written: 3/15/08
                      NOR: 4/2/08
                      TO: 5/22/08
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                      VBT: 6/30/08
                      Drug Test: 7/10/08
                      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                      Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                      BI submitted: 10/10/08
                      TSU: 4/2/09
                      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                        No I put in for a little sun for awhile in Miami. So we will see how that works out. I will miss Illinois though.
                        I'm mad I didn't apply for FL. If you ever want to comeback here just remember my screen name (if I get in).
                        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

EOD May 4th
                          FLETC June 4th
                          Congrats on the Call!!!

Comment

• finally got my drug test scheduled. tested july last year and barely taking my drug test this coming friday. another step closer.

Comment

• Damn Cbpomr congrats . Can't wait for mine !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
                                Merlin,
                                Thanks for the response. That helps. I am really torn as to what geo to apply under. I currently reside in Alabama, but also think I would love Florida. My wife and I have a little girl and both of our families are close by so that makes moving away a little more difficult. I see that in Alabama there is a port in Birmingham (where I reside now), Huntsville, and Mobile. My thinking is that most openings would probably be in Mobile, because there is a seaport there. My question is, what would a day be like in Birmingham or Huntsville? Neither has an international airport and they obviously aren't on the water. Thanks for any help.
                                Birmingham and Huntsville are both international airports, at least as far as cargo flights go. Huntsville I believe is the larger of the two.

Seeing as I haven't worked either, and have limited experience with CBP/airports, I really can't comment on the average day at either PoE.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7345 users online. 392 members and 6953 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X