Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
    It doesn't recognize my ss and app id.
    Im not trying to be the grim reaper because more than likely it is a glitch, but when it doesnt reconize your info, that means they dropped your app. Did you fail anything or have anything real bad on your BI?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Im not trying to be the grim reaper because more than likely it is a glitch, but when it doesnt reconize your info, that means they dropped your app. Did you fail anything or have anything real bad on your BI?
      Besides the multiple murders I committed in 02, nothing! Oh boy, sleepless night here I come!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
        Besides the multiple murders I committed in 02, nothing! Oh boy, sleepless night here I come!
        Well lets backtrack: Did you get your VBT results yet or have BI contact?

        Comment


        • Anyone else going to Miami for the test on April 28?

          Comment


          • Yes, all steps completed but BI. Met w/investigator beginning of December.

            Comment


            • Also...I live in NJ and signed up for the test in Miami, Is that okay...I didn't see any other sites in the NY-Metro area, plus I want to get some fun in the sun.

              I ask b/c I know other agencies require you to take tests in your region.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
                Yes, all steps completed but BI. Met w/investigator beginning of December.
                well if you honestly have nothing fishy in your background, probably just a glitch. If there is something thats had you sweating, they might have rescinded your offer. good luck.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                  Current CBP Officers,
                  I read a bit on the delphi forums and most of it is negative regarding the job. What is the real skinny on your job? Do you enjoy it?
                  How does the shify work and holiday/weekends work? In other words, do senior officers get days while rookies get nights, etc?

                  Any other details on the day to day is appreciated especially at an airport or water port (not southern border).
                  Thanks
                  This is a great question that this forum seems to skip over. Maybe people get hired and forget about us in Pendingville.
                  Miami by way of Chicago
                  Test 8/4/08
                  TO 11/13/08
                  Drug Test 11/13/08
                  VBT 12/11/08
                  Physical 12/16/08
                  Qual 1/10/09
                  Met BI 1/5/09
                  BI cleared 2/19/09
                  TSU 2/20/09

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                    Everything but the BI and Quals. Hoping my BI keeps moving forward and they don't put me on the back burner till I get a new TO or make me start over. Just found out my wife is pregnant and that kind of put moving away from our family in NYC out of the question. So put in a good word for me once you get there.
                    Congrats to you and your wife. Hey maybe you'll clear faster than you think.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by paul354 View Post
                      Also...I live in NJ and signed up for the test in Miami, Is that okay...I didn't see any other sites in the NY-Metro area, plus I want to get some fun in the sun.

                      I ask b/c I know other agencies require you to take tests in your region.
                      Yeah that's fine applying for a state were you don't live. You will just test at the closest DHS station to your registered address.
                      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                        Yeah that's fine applying for a state were you don't live. You will just test at the closest DHS station to your registered address.
                        Is it okay that I signed up for the test in Miami FL?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by paul354 View Post
                          Is it okay that I signed up for the test in Miami FL?
                          Yes.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by trappb View Post
                            This is a great question that this forum seems to skip over. Maybe people get hired and forget about us in Pendingville.
                            Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                            Current CBP Officers,
                            I read a bit on the delphi forums and most of it is negative regarding the job. What is the real skinny on your job? Do you enjoy it?
                            How does the shify work and holiday/weekends work? In other words, do senior officers get days while rookies get nights, etc?

                            Any other details on the day to day is appreciated especially at an airport or water port (not southern border).
                            Thanks
                            +1 on this - I would like to hear some detailed info on how they treat new officers.. I have never read on here about what kind of hours to expect in the beginning. I know these ports have a 24/7 occupancy and would like to know if there is a good chance the new guys will get the worst schedules.

                            Also, any other things you especially like about the job or dislike would be a good read.

                            Comment


                            • Anyone have any information on Montana ports? They are in very small towns that hardly have any info on the net.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
                                GOT THE CALL TODAY.

                                EOD-May 4
                                START FLETC-June 3
                                GRADUATE-September-15

                                I still have to pick from the choices given (24 hours to decide). Anyone have any words of wisdom for Montana locations?
                                Where were you offered in MT? I've work there a bit, and know a little about it.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10206 users online. 371 members and 9835 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X