• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
    GOT THE CALL TODAY.

EOD-May 4
    START FLETC-June 3
    GRADUATE-September-15

I still have to pick from the choices given (24 hours to decide). Anyone have any words of wisdom for Montana locations?
    I see your location as Illinois, what geo pref. did you apply for? What choices did they give you for EOD?
    EDIT: Never mind, just saw it in your sig.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
      EOD?

So far I've discovered that this is your "Entrance on Duty". What exactly happens here? Admin for your personal info? Such as retirement, 401k...etc. Also will travel expenses be covered, or out of pocket for EOD and FLETC?
      Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
        Well i have some good news. I got the CALL today at around 1130am while at work. I have an EOD of april 27th and FLETC will start early June. This was indeed a quick process tested in august of 2008 and hired in april of 2009, took 8 months.!
        God I hate you! Just kidding. Congrats and best of luck. I'll be seeing you there eventually.

Comment

• Imlikeaninja, glad to see you were finally able to switch to NYC/JFK. Much better than being sent upstate to who knows where. Do you have everything completed so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
            Anyone?
            What you described will happen first day most likely, the rest of the time will be spent watching training videos and possibly shadowing officers, with the occasional cleaning duties!...
            As far as them covering travel expenses, they will only cover to and from FLETC, showing up at your port on your EOD is on your own pocket.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
              Imlikeaninja, glad to see you were finally able to switch to NYC/JFK. Much better than being sent upstate to who knows where. Do you have everything completed so far?
              Everything but the BI and Quals. Hoping my BI keeps moving forward and they don't put me on the back burner till I get a new TO or make me start over. Just found out my wife is pregnant and that kind of put moving away from our family in NYC out of the question. So put in a good word for me once you get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                I'm interested in the same question, but actually in regards to the southern border. Thanks ahead of time.
                +1

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  Everything but the BI and Quals. Hoping my BI keeps moving forward and they don't put me on the back burner till I get a new TO or make me start over. Just found out my wife is pregnant and that kind of put moving away from our family in NYC out of the question. So put in a good word for me once you get there.
                  Ninja,
                  For you and others going through with re-applying for a new geo...
                  Everything keeps moving along the same, nothing gets put on hold, everything moves along as if you never re-applied... the only thing is that if you scored high enough to get a new TO along with the new applicants then you get what you wanted... if not you keep processing for your 1st app (geo pref).

You guys need to stop over thinking the what's and if's about re-applying,
                  I have been very clear about how easy it is many times, I did it myself, and that's how I know!... Just let it be.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                    Current CBP Officers,
                    I read a bit on the delphi forums and most of it is negative regarding the job. What is the real skinny on your job? Do you enjoy it?
                    How does the shify work and holiday/weekends work? In other words, do senior officers get days while rookies get nights, etc?

Any other details on the day to day is appreciated especially at an airport or water port (not southern border).
                    Thanks
                    The day to day is different for each port. Port policy varies from port to port. delphi forums is a rough around the edges, but you do get opinions of the job from officers who were with the legacy agencies as well as CBPOs. It is like any other jobs. Some will love it, others will hate it. Bottom line if you are looking to kick down doors this is not the job for you. If you are looking to get a foot in with the feds, or looking for a job that will offer you advancement if you want it, this is a great place to be. To each his own.
                    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                      Current CBP Officers,
                      I read a bit on the delphi forums and most of it is negative regarding the job. What is the real skinny on your job? Do you enjoy it?
                      How does the shify work and holiday/weekends work? In other words, do senior officers get days while rookies get nights, etc?

Any other details on the day to day is appreciated especially at an airport or water port (not southern border).
                      Thanks
                      Remember, the person on delphi who say's all the negative things (JB), has never been a CBPO. He was a legacy something or other a long time ago but he know's nothing about what we do now. He isn't well regarded over there anyway.

It has it's down sides, but a lot of people I work with, myself included comment regularly on how we can't believe we get paid this well for what we do.

Comment

• I can't access Cass today, either online or the hotline. What's going on? I've been able to check everyday for at least a month. Please tell me they are updating my file and I've got the JOB!

Comment

• So I cant change my geo preference until after I take my written test? I picked AZ but I wouldn't be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                            Did you have to remind me lol, I am glad that I have been working on the guy push-ups, I can just about count on having to do this new test. It does not appear that MI will be calling out anytime soon.
                            What makes you say such a thing!?

Comment

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
                              I can't access Cass today, either online or the hotline. What's going on? I've been able to check everyday for at least a month. Please tell me they are updating my file and I've got the JOB!
                              Can you not access it or does it not recognize your name and applicant id (bad thing)?

Comment

• It doesn't recognize my ss and app id.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5486 users online. 243 members and 5243 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X