Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    anyone else?
    I had mine first thing this morning as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
      I had mine first thing this morning as well.
      crap! I reapplied monday 6am and havent gotten anything yet. Wondering if I should try again. The announcement said few vacancies at my geo so I want to make sure i get in

Comment

• ninja, I think the confirmation is just confirming the test date & location. Not necessarily the application itself. I received the confirmation for my test site this morning around 3am as well. It probably is an automated process that sent the confirmation out to applicants (compiles, organizes, and send out list every day at 3am?) that applied during the day time. Only test site in NY is up by Buffalo, so I did not select that, NJ was not an option, I dont have a car anyway, I was thinking MetroNorth up to CT, but Hartford is 30 miles drive from New Haven, the last stop on MetroNorth. So it was between D.C. and Philly, both cities serviced by megabus.com so I went with Philadelphia. My friend tried to apply last night and was told that Philadelphia test site was full.

Comment

• Well i have some good news. I got the CALL today at around 1130am while at work. I have an EOD of april 27th and FLETC will start early June. This was indeed a quick process tested in august of 2008 and hired in april of 2009, took 8 months.!

Comment

• I just want to thank all of you who i have been chatting with. I will still be active on this board so dont think im skipping out on you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
              I just want to thank all of you who i have been chatting with. I will still be active on this board so dont think im skipping out on you guys.
              good luck !

Boston is still > NY

lol JK

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                I just want to thank all of you who i have been chatting with. I will still be active on this board so dont think im skipping out on you guys.
                Congrats on getting "the call". It seems JFK/NY has a high demand. I would think about changing locations but remember I never want to live in NY or CA. The taxes are crazy!
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Yea the taxes are high but i think the locality pay is higher than FLA. no?

Comment

• I belive the cost of living is higher in Florida so the locality pay should be higher no.. ?

Comment

• Ninja...
                      the confirmation emails are sent out to NEW applicants for TESTING, all you have to do is sit and wait for you NOR letter, then hope for the new TO to arrive before you get the call!....

CBPstyle...
                      Those in MIA will get the higher locality pay in Florida, not sure if Port Everglades and Keys get it as well, but the rest of Florida falls under REST of US locality.

Congratulations to those of you getting the call!...
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                        I belive the cost of living is higher in Florida so the locality pay should be higher no.. ?
                        Generally the cost of living is higher in New York than in Florida. But of course it depends on where you live with both. Both New York and Florida have rural areas where housing is cheaper. On pay, a GS-5 (step 1) in New York (BUFFALO-NIAGARA-CATTARAUGUS) makes $31,456 where a GS-5 (step 1) in Florida (MIAMI-FORT LAUDERDALE-POMPANO BEACH) makes $32,488, both also depending on location. GS-5 (step 1) for rest of US is $30,772.

On average the Federal Cost of Living Index for New York for the year of 2008 was 127 and Florida was 103, with the national average cost of living is fixed at 100.

Also Florida does not have an income tax, where New York’s income tax would be 6.8%.

2009 OPM Locality Pay Charts
                        Last edited by TPA3312; 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Current CBP Officers,
                          I read a bit on the delphi forums and most of it is negative regarding the job. What is the real skinny on your job? Do you enjoy it?
                          How does the shify work and holiday/weekends work? In other words, do senior officers get days while rookies get nights, etc?

Any other details on the day to day is appreciated especially at an airport or water port (not southern border).
                          Thanks

Comment

• i would fall under the second ny listing, the one with newark and bridgeport i believe. starts around 34k and change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy View Post
                              Current CBP Officers,
                              I read a bit on the delphi forums and most of it is negative regarding the job. What is the real skinny on your job? Do you enjoy it?
                              How does the shify work and holiday/weekends work? In other words, do senior officers get days while rookies get nights, etc?

Any other details on the day to day is appreciated especially at an airport or water port (not southern border).
                              Thanks
                              I'm interested in the same question, but actually in regards to the southern border. Thanks ahead of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                                I'm glad I had my fitness retake before they changed the amount of tests you have to do. That sucks for the newer guys, now u have to pass 5 tests instead of 3 , fail one ur done
                                Did you have to remind me lol, I am glad that I have been working on the guy push-ups, I can just about count on having to do this new test. It does not appear that MI will be calling out anytime soon.
                                Tested March 08
                                TO June 08
                                Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                                VBT complete 08 passed
                                Qualification GS-5 September 08
                                BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                                NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11020 users online. 398 members and 10622 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X