300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
    Thanks. That helps a bunch. How does the step increases work after your first year?
    Steps don't come into play until later I believe. You'd go from GS-7 step 1, then after 1 year, GS-9 step 1, then to GS-11 step 1 the next.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopFlightInGA View Post
      Hey, I was just wondering how common is it to have completed the medical,fitness,drug,qualifications and pre-forms before you take the Vbt? I took my vbt on March 3 and from what I can see is that mostly everyone finish that step earlier in the process. Vbt still pending and background pending (met background investigator in December 08). Thanks.
      I live in Atlanta and I also cleared all the steps, excluding the BI, prior to taking my VBT. I took my VBT on Feb 25th and it cleared about a week and a half ago.

Comment

• After you reach GS-11 step 1, the following year you would be GS-11 step 2, an so on.

Also after you reach GS-11 if you want to move up into 12, you will have to apply and compete for certain positions with other CBP candidates. I believe 12 and up tend to be managerial desk type of jobs, though not always of course. However, the pay increase is phenominal for those...

Basically you work for peanuts the first two years with the knowledge that after that you'll be making a respectable wage.

I'm in TSU and I know that I'll be taking TWO steps back to go TWO steps forward, as far as pay is concerned. However, I have the big picture in mind and after I hit GS-11 I will be making more than I ever have.

Comment

• What's up everyone! I've been reading this forum for a few months now but I never felt the need to post since everyone has already asked the questions going through my head.
          I took the test in July '08 and was referred to TSU on 4/2! Just wanted to say thanks for all the info. You guys helped keep me sane lol

Comment

• Originally posted by edavila View Post
            I live in Atlanta and I also cleared all the steps, excluding the BI, prior to taking my VBT. I took my VBT on Feb 25th and it cleared about a week and a half ago.
            Thanks. I live in a small town in GA, about an hour from Atlanta. I am hoping to get Atlanta Hartsfield. Congrats on passing the VBT. Hopefully I will hear something soon and it be good news.
            CBPO
            Geo Pref:Georgia
            NOR:3/07
            T.O:10/08
            1st TSU:6/09
            2nd Fitness test:11/09
            Credit pulled:4/10
            2nd TSU:5/10
            2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
            2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
            2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
            All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Outside of the test coming first and TSU finishing last, there is no set order to any of the steps. The VBT comes when it comes.
              Thanks, Merlin. I see with this process, its a matter of just chilling until its been like 6 or more months before you have heard anything.
              CBPO
              Geo Pref:Georgia
              NOR:3/07
              T.O:10/08
              1st TSU:6/09
              2nd Fitness test:11/09
              Credit pulled:4/10
              2nd TSU:5/10
              2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
              2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
              2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
              All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
                After you reach GS-11 step 1, the following year you would be GS-11 step 2, an so on.

Also after you reach GS-11 if you want to move up into 12, you will have to apply and compete for certain positions with other CBP candidates. I believe 12 and up tend to be managerial desk type of jobs, though not always of course. However, the pay increase is phenominal for those...

Basically you work for peanuts the first two years with the knowledge that after that you'll be making a respectable wage.

I'm in TSU and I know that I'll be taking TWO steps back to go TWO steps forward, as far as pay is concerned. However, I have the big picture in mind and after I hit GS-11 I will be making more than I ever have.
                Thanks! Part of my reason for asking is that I make a pretty good salary right now. Once I got to GS-11 step 3 I would be making about what I make now, but I like you am trying to look at future possibilities. I haven't yet applied because I'm trying to decide what I want to do. I live in Alabama and they put a posting out there for Alabama (and apparently everywhere else), but I can't for the life of me see much that will be happening in Alabama. I would love to put in for Florida, but the move from AL would kill me, thus my concern with pay. Having said all of that, I know I would love the job and the possibilities that this could spur you on towards are unbelievable. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Comment

• tma3312,

Last week CASS showed that my medical was pending, and my BI was in the security office.

This morning I checked CASS and it said "you have been reffered to the scheduling unit.Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty date and/or training in 30-60 days. Depending on applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days"

I was expecting to get a call in a few weeks or months. Then I got a call from a DHS employee today (yes, the same day CASS updated)giving me 6 different locations and he told me that I have until the end of the day tomorrow to tell him where I want to go. He said the start dates would be the same for all 6 ports.

Keep in mind I applied for this job initially September of 2007.

Good luck to all, I will advise on my selected location!

Comment

• Did anyone who applied Monday receive an email confirmation yet?

Comment

• my CASS updated, i got my wiz quiz 2marrow
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• EOD?

So far I've discovered that this is your "Entrance on Duty". What exactly happens here? Admin for your personal info? Such as retirement, 401k...etc. Also will travel expenses be covered, or out of pocket for EOD and FLETC?

Comment

• Help!! ive been in TSU since 12/15 for Newark N.J.

This wait is Killing ME!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            Did anyone who applied Monday receive an email confirmation yet?
                            I applied about 9:00 p.m. last night, and had my email confirmation when I woke up, I think the time on it was 3:00 a.m. or something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                              I applied about 9:00 p.m. last night, and had my email confirmation when I woke up, I think the time on it was 3:00 a.m. or something similar.
                              anyone else?

Comment

• [QUOTE=jflores;1754256]Help!! ive been in TSU since 12/15 for Newark N.J.

This wait is Killing ME!!![/QUOTE

Hey man, take it easy, i've been waiting for a TO since may 2006 and now i'm 3 steps away to get it, so be patient like me and yu'll see it coming !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11946 users online. 392 members and 11554 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X