300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
    I'm not from the Virgin Islands, but hail from the Hawaiian Islands. Aloha! I'm waiting on the call like yourself. Let's hope us island folk don't have to wait too long.
    Hey dabonk, what island are u from? I got a couple really good friends living out in Diamond head.

Comment

• CASS updated this morning. What a great site to see...

Referred to Schedule EOD 4/2/2009

You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

To say that my cell phone is glued to me would be a great understatement.
      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
      Written: 5/15/08
      NOR: 5/20/08
      TO: 10/28/08
      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
      Fitness: 2/02/09
      BI: 3/15/09
      OB: 4/24
      EOD: 7/27
      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
      Written: 3/15/08
      NOR: 4/2/08
      TO: 5/22/08
      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
      VBT: 6/30/08
      Drug Test: 7/10/08
      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
      Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
      BI submitted: 10/10/08
      TSU: 4/2/09
      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
      EOD:

Comment

• CASS updated Yes !

I was just checking CASS and yes, they updated this morning

CBPO GEO PREF ARIZONA
        Written- MAY 2006
        To-MARCH 03 2009 ARIZONA
        Papers - Completed
        Medical - PENDING
        Fitness - COMPLETED
        VBT- PENDING
        Drug Test - COMPLETED
        BI-COMPLETED
        Quals-PENDING

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
          is there anyway once you get selected for a particular area your stuck there or can you request to have your paper work sent somewhere else, the reason i ask is because i got selected for texas, but i just saw that fl opened up again is is there anyway i can request fl or am i stuck with texas??
          I called yesterday to CBP office in MHC and asked them if i change the GA from AZ to FL gonna make me late in the process, they answer me, sir if you do that yo're gonna be removed from this tentative offer and yo have to reapply again for this position and the GA you want. Hope this help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
            I'm on day 47 waiting in TSU. You may have a wait coming.
            This varies, pending on your GeoPref. I'm taking notice that Florida takes some time.

Comment

• GOT THE CALL TODAY.

EOD-May 4
              START FLETC-June 3
              GRADUATE-September-15

I still have to pick from the choices given (24 hours to decide). Anyone have any words of wisdom for Montana locations?

Comment

• Congrats Judoka. Montana? Wow, you're a braver man than I. Good luck with whatever port you chose.
                ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                Written: 5/15/08
                NOR: 5/20/08
                TO: 10/28/08
                Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                Fitness: 2/02/09
                BI: 3/15/09
                OB: 4/24
                EOD: 7/27
                FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                Written: 3/15/08
                NOR: 4/2/08
                TO: 5/22/08
                Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                VBT: 6/30/08
                Drug Test: 7/10/08
                Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                BI submitted: 10/10/08
                TSU: 4/2/09
                Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by judoka77 View Post
                  GOT THE CALL TODAY.

EOD-May 4
                  START FLETC-June 3
                  GRADUATE-September-15

I still have to pick from the choices given (24 hours to decide). Anyone have any words of wisdom for Montana locations?
                  Congrats on getting "the call". When were you sent to TSU?
                  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• grammar

Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                    LOL ok merlin don't worry I write good . I just write quickly bc I respond via Iphone. Trust me I'll be ok after all I did get my nopa appeal based off my letter I sent back LOL
                    You will also have to work on your grammar.... I write well, not good.

Comment

• Can someone explain the pay for a CBP? I have looked through the pay schedule and I'm not seeing the starting pay that is listed on the posting. I qualify for the GS-7 slot and can't seem to locate where the $38,117 is coming from. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• jokes

If we're using the term pendingville to describe waiting for CASS to clear, what could we call waiting for "the call" in TSU?

Waitingville?
                        Callmeville?
                        Cmonallyoumhcpeopleville?
                        Iwanttoalreadybetrainingatflippin'fletcville?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
                          Can someone explain the pay for a CBP? I have looked through the pay schedule and I'm not seeing the starting pay that is listed on the posting. I qualify for the GS-7 slot and can't seem to locate where the $38,117 is coming from. Thanks in advance.
                          http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/indexGS.asp

The $38,117 is found for GS-7 under the "rest of the US" locality pay tables, and may vary depending on your Geo pref. Hope that helps!

Comment

• pay

Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
                            Can someone explain the pay for a CBP? I have looked through the pay schedule and I'm not seeing the starting pay that is listed on the posting. I qualify for the GS-7 slot and can't seem to locate where the $38,117 is coming from. Thanks in advance.
                            http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/indexGS.asp is the official site.

I just looked at the GS pay scale and the $38,117 they used is from the locality pay tables from the very bottom one, Rest of the United States. It's also for a GS-7 spot, so I'm not sure why they chose this number. See if the area you've applied for falls into one of the special geographic areas that has a significantly increased COLA.

The way the pay scale works is GS has a normal starting salary for GS-5 and GS-7. If you are lucky enough to be in one of the areas considered more expensive, you will get a cost of living adjustment or cola to offset the increased cost of living. For instance, I live in Seattle, therefore my starting salary as a GS-5 would be $32,718 or GS-7 $40,527. It depends entirely on where you live as the COLA's are different for each area.

What I don't know is if your area is not listed as a special Geographic area with a higher COLA, would you use the GS pay scale of Rest of the United States on the bottom of that page or would you use the 2009 Base numbers.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Gotta love it when CASS updates.

My VBT is cleared, medical is being reviewed, drug test scheduled, and my BI is finally in the security office.

I was worried about my hearing test, but the letter I got from the doctor's office said mild loss of high frequency in one ear. I know I would pass everything if I took the test again, since I just had a hearing test in DEC and passed it fine. I figure that the conversational hearing is really what they are worried about.
                              Hopefully the medical will be reviewed in a week or so, just in case I do need to follow up with my doc.

Got the pee test on Wednesday. Can't wait to get that done, so my parts will be completed and the BI will be all that is left.

Comment

• Thanks. That helps a bunch. How does the step increases work after your first year?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13693 users online. 419 members and 13274 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X