Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anywhere yet that lists the actual specifics of the new fitness requirements? Looks like the CBP.gov site still has the old stuff. I'm pretty worried that it includes pushups now... but practice makes perfect I suppose.

Comment

• Anyone got the call today????
      CBPO
      Written: 08/18/08
      NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
      TO: 09/23/08
      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
      Medical: Completed 12/08
      Drug Test: Completed 11/08
      Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
      VBT: Completed 11/08
      BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
      Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
      3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• CBP just released the new fact sheet that also covers the dress code such as tattoos, earrings, etc.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...fact_sheet.pdf
        Miami by way of Chicago
        Test 8/4/08
        TO 11/13/08
        Drug Test 11/13/08
        VBT 12/11/08
        Physical 12/16/08
        Qual 1/10/09
        Met BI 1/5/09
        BI cleared 2/19/09
        TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• LOL ok merlin don't worry I write good . I just write quickly bc I respond via Iphone. Trust me I'll be ok after all I did get my nopa appeal based off my letter I sent back LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
            nice
            haha, glad you caught that!
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
              CBP just released the new fact sheet that also covers the dress code such as tattoos, earrings, etc.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...fact_sheet.pdf
              Awesome find, and thanks for posting. I guess it puts the earring talk to rest.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
                Anyone got the call today????
                Hang in there buddy it'll come soon.

EOD: April 13, 2009 Long Beach
                FLETC: May 20, 2009

Comment

• I'm glad I had my fitness retake before they changed the amount of tests you have to do. That sucks for the newer guys, now u have to pass 5 tests instead of 3 , fail one ur done

Comment

• is there anyway once you get selected for a particular area your stuck there or can you request to have your paper work sent somewhere else, the reason i ask is because i got selected for texas, but i just saw that fl opened up again is is there anyway i can request fl or am i stuck with texas??
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• I personally don't understand it, but they just opened up a CBPO position here in Kansas. Honestly being 1000 miles from the nearest border, that just doesn't make sense to me.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• So I was surprised to read that since I tested in December but had to turn down the TO, my test score sticks for this opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          I personally don't understand it, but they just opened up a CBPO position here in Kansas. Honestly being 1000 miles from the nearest border, that just doesn't make sense to me.
                          Airport.

International flights are probably very rare. Maybe 2-3 Officers working the port...at least that's my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                            LOL ok merlin don't worry I write good . I just write quickly bc I respond via Iphone. Trust me I'll be ok after all I did get my nopa appeal based off my letter I sent back LOL
                            Just pointing it out.

One thing everyone may want to consider, writing haphazardly/nonstandard on this board may lead to poor writing and proofreading habits that might follow you over into the job. If people are always trying to write their best here and elsewhere, then they're less likely to develop bad habits they'll have to correct later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Airport.

International flights are probably very rare. Maybe 2-3 Officers working the port...at least that's my guess.
                              Kansas City International Airport has very limited international flights (though it's in Missouri). I'm not sure if Wichita has any international flights, but I'm guessing they are rare.
                              What is Perseverance?
                              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                                I'm glad I had my fitness retake before they changed the amount of tests you have to do. That sucks for the newer guys, now u have to pass 5 tests instead of 3 , fail one ur done
                                I couldn't find it anywhere, but how many push ups and sit ups do you have to do? I'm sure its easy but just want to know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10503 users online. 367 members and 10136 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X