• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more PT the better.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten the lately??

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
        Help! I got all the way through the app process (cbpo) to where I selected my testing site. I was printing the PDF and the MAC Safari browser locked up, I had to shut it down. I could see there was a continue button on the bottom.

I tried to reapply but got a message saying I had already previously applied. Did my app get completed? Was there more after that page? Anyone?

I dont know if I should wait for some type of notice or call DHS. Any suggestions?
        Check your email and see if it confirms your testing date

Comment

• Rule number one for all goverment websites - use the Internet Explorer. It sucks but it is the standard browser. Remember, gov't websites are designed/coded by gov't programmers!
          CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• If you filled out your address or email they should be sending you something if you filled it all out i would assume

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
              I did not get an email with a test date, however I logged into the testing website, put in that I fogot my password, and it mailed it to me. I logged in an the test site/date was there.

Does this mean the app was accepted as completed?
              More than likely, yes......if you're still worried call them sometime during the day tomorrow

Forgot to mention: Sometimes it takes a day or two before you actually receive the confirmation email. You will also get an email around the day before the test to remind you to show up......
              Last edited by tippmann87; 04-06-2009, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• I was offered a port that I had to turn down less than 2 weeks ago. I finished another application for the announcement starting today.

If most or all of the info (tests, etc) from my previous app is carried over,
                will the process from selection to "the call" be any shorter?

Comment

• Umm i Think when you turn down a TO. Its like restarting the process all over again. Someone mentioned that on one of these pages that yeah you can apply for the announcement but only before you are given a TO i believe.
                  Guys correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• I found this in a search...

Originally Posted by USMC3537
                    I went through the process with BP as well and when I turned down my EOD they told me in order to be considered again I would need to reapply. I would keep all the steps in the process as long as they didn't expire. So I could reapply right now and probably get picked up pretty quick. I would assume that if you turn down your EOD with CBP it would be the same and you would need to wait until another open period to reapply.

When I went through the app this morning it let me use my old test score and
                    my VBT should be good for another 2 years. I could see having to do another
                    drug test and maybe the fitness test since it will be a year in July since I did those. My BI did not clear until March, so I hope I don't need that again. I was just hoping when I get another selection letter that I can get though a little quicker.

Comment

• I have also reapplied under the new announcement, and this time requested to be considered for the GS-7 rate as I will have my B.S. in Criminal Justice by August (with superior academic achievement). I did not change anything else on the application info, and even used my previous test score (104).

Does anyone know if they will simply use my current application status (that only has BI left pending) and just re-evaluate to see if they will qualify me at GS-7? What other course of action may they take?

Thanks ahead of time

Comment

• What a beautiful sight:

Few vacancies - Throughout Connecticut, CT Few vacancies - Guam, GU Few vacancies - Hawaii, HI Few vacancies - Throughout Idaho, ID Few vacancies - Throughout Illinois, IL Few vacancies - Throughout Kentucky, KY Many vacancies - Throughout Maine, ME Many vacancies - Throughout Arizona, AZ Many vacancies - Throughout Michigan, MI Many vacancies - Throughout Montana, MT Few vacancies - Throughout Oklahoma, OK Many vacancies - Throughout Colorado, CO Few vacancies - Throughout Kansas, KS Few vacancies - Throughout Maryland, MD Few vacancies - Throughout Alaska, AK Few vacancies - Throughout Alabama, AL Few vacancies - Northern Mariana Islands, MP Few vacancies - Throughout New Hampshire, NH Few vacancies - Throughout New Jersey, NJ Few vacancies - Throughout New Mexico, NM Few vacancies - Throughout Rhode Island, RI Few vacancies - Throughout South Dakota, SD Few vacancies - Throughout Tennessee, TN Many vacancies - Throughout Virginia, VA Few vacancies - Virgin Islands St. Croix, VI Few vacancies - Virgin Islands St. Thomas, VI Few vacancies - Throughout Washington State, WA Many vacancies - Washington Northern Border, WA Few vacancies - Throughout Wisconsin, WI Many vacancies - Texas All Other SW Border, TX Few vacancies - Throughout Texas, TX Many vacancies - Texas Laredo, TX Few vacancies - Texas Presidio, TX Many vacancies - West Texas and New Mexico, TX Few vacancies - Throughout Utah, UT Few vacancies - Throughout Massachusetts, MA Few vacancies - Throughout New York, NY Few vacancies - Throughout Vermont, VT Few vacancies - Throughout West Virginia, WV Many vacancies - Throughout Louisiana, LA Many vacancies - Throughout Minnesota, MN Few vacancies - Minnesota Minneapolis Metro, MN Few vacancies - Throughout Missisippi, MS Few vacancies - New York Buffalo, NY Few vacancies - Puerto Rico, PR Few vacancies - Throughout Delaware, DE Few vacancies - Throughout Nebraska, NE Few vacancies - Throughout Oregon, OR Few vacancies - Throughout South Carolina, SC Many vacancies - CA Calexico and Andrade, CA Few vacancies - California LA and Long Beach, CA Few vacancies - California SW Border Locations, CA Few vacancies - California San Francisco, CA Many vacancies - Throughout California, CA Few vacancies - Throughout Missouri, MO Many vacancies - Throughout North Carolina, NC Few vacancies - Throughout Wyoming, WY Few vacancies - Throughout Florida, FL Few vacancies - Florida Miami, FL Few vacancies - Throughout Georgia, GA Few vacancies - Throughout Iowa, IA Few vacancies - Throughout Indiana, IN Many vacancies - Throughout North Dakota, ND Few vacancies - New York City and JFK Airport, NY Few vacancies - Throughout Ohio, OH Few vacancies - Throughout Pennsylvania, PA Few vacancies - Florida Key West, FL

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalo14227 View Post
                          I have also reapplied under the new announcement, and this time requested to be considered for the GS-7 rate as I will have my B.S. in Criminal Justice by August (with superior academic achievement). I did not change anything else on the application info, and even used my previous test score (104).

Does anyone know if they will simply use my current application status (that only has BI left pending) and just re-evaluate to see if they will qualify me at GS-7? What other course of action may they take?

Thanks ahead of time
                          Likely, everything will stay.
                          If you only applied for a GS-07 than that's all you'll be considered for. Since there's always a limited number of GS-07's to be handed out for every announcement, you may run the risk of sitting and watching those willing to be hired on as GS-05's moving forward while you wait for more GS-07 appointments to open up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBC View Post
                            I was offered a port that I had to turn down less than 2 weeks ago. I finished another application for the announcement starting today.

If most or all of the info (tests, etc) from my previous app is carried over,
                            will the process from selection to "the call" be any shorter?
                            That depends on how you view "shorter". If everything is closed out from your last announcement, then all you're really waiting on is a new TO. Depending on the needs of your preference, that could be issued tomorrow...it could be issued in 2011.

In a practical sense, just looking at it from selection to "the call"; yeah...it's probably shorter.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Likely, everything will stay.
                              If you only applied for a GS-07 than that's all you'll be considered for. Since there's always a limited number of GS-07's to be handed out for every announcement, you may run the risk of sitting and watching those willing to be hired on as GS-05's moving forward while you wait for more GS-07 appointments to open up.
                              I re-applied for both, however, I am currently in process for GS-5 already (with only BI pending)... I only reapplied to be considered for GS-7 now as well, because I will have my degree. Does that make any more sense?

Comment

• Reapplied this morning but I clicked on GS7 by accident then went back to fix it GS5 but not sure if it took (stoopid mac browser) Does anyone know if they will send me an e mail confirming what I applied as or will I have to wait for my NOR. Also being that I tested less than a year go and used my old test scores will they wait till the announcement closes and everyone else has tested before issuing my NOR or will I have to wait for all the new test scores o come in before they start sending out TO's?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5370 users online. 327 members and 5043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X