Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
    What exactly do they say when u get The Call ?? Like to a "T"
    I'm not sure what they will say, but I'm pretty sure you will say something along these lines, "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.....please don't tell me you're joking!!! Is this serious....Oh my God you just made my day!!!!!"

hahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
      The IA number is on the home website, there's no real secret about where it can be found. It seems that the concern is individuals using the number when they shouldn't. Well, I treat people like adults. Apparently you must wait at least 6 months before using it, I suggest you do so or you may be going against the grain and you would only be hurting yourself. DO NOT aggravate IA.

I can appreciate the discipline behind protecting people from themselves, but if an individual has questionable discretion then it should be learned early on rather when they have my six...or anyones for that matter.
      Not that I entirely disagree...but some people are doing more than just hurting themselves. Part of the larger problem is that some people are using internal IA numbers that weren't meant for public dissemination. They then jam up IA phone lines and otherwise slow IA from doing legitimate work. That screws EVERYONE over.
      Last edited by merlin436; 04-04-2009, 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Not that I entirely disagree...but some people are doing more than just hurting themselves. Part of the larger problem is that some people are using internal IA numbers that weren't meant for public dissemination. They then jam up IA phone lines and otherwise slow IA from doing legitimate work. That screws EVERYONE over.
        Phone calls are monitored by the individual responsible to do so. You do not reach anyone unless you're routed accordingly, providing you have given enough reason to do so. You honestly think they are not prepared for this? If work has to get done it will. Phone calls will not deter DHS from getting our borders staffed and protected. Hurts the individual far more than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
          LOL, I was thinking that too. I probably got his spot that he deferred, so Thank you! My background showed up as completed yesterday which was the last thing I was waiting for. However, it never said anything about TSU just that everything was completed. Then today I got the call today at 12:04m EST with the offer.
          Congrats. Keep in touch and let us know how things go.
          Did they offer you any choices on locations or do all new hires go to the airport? I always wondered what other POE's NYC/JFK included.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            Congrats. Keep in touch and let us know how things go.
            Did they offer you any choices on locations or do all new hires go to the airport? I always wondered what other POE's NYC/JFK included.
            Removed by owner
            Last edited by TPA3312; 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM.
            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Santismo what they say !!!!

Comment

• yea Sans did they offer anything other than JFK?

Comment

What exactly do they say when u get The Call ?? Like to a "T"
                  i don't remember exactly.. but it was along the lines of..
                  "hi, may i speak with.."
                  "this is _____ with US customs and border protection"
                  "we were wondering if you're still interested in a job"
                  "okay, which location would you like.. ____, ____ or ____"
                  "okay, would you like to EOD on the date of ____ or ____"
                  "alright mr. or mrs. so and so your date for the federal law enforcement training will be on _____ until _____ in brunswick, georgia"

then i think they kind of go over it again and ask if you have any questions and say ok well again my name is ____ with the training unit if you need me or don't receive your call/letter in a few days then give me a call. this is my number..

that's more or less how it goes. i was on the phone maybe 10 mins. there may be a few things i left out, i don't remember. good luck, hope u get the call soon.

Comment

• DLA thanks bro!!

Comment

• oh yeah, then you receive your official letter in the mail. it states your gs level, your class number, your EOD, your academy dates, the port you chose, the address, the phone number of who to contact at the port.. and your are contacted by someone at the port. i think it's like an HR type person. they tell you what to wear, what to bring, how to dress and the directions of how to get there. at the time i was at work and couldn't write it down so i asked her to email me the information and she gladly did it for me. any other questions just let me know.
                      Last edited by DLA; 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Aight kool!! Shoot I can't wait to go man!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                          Phone calls are monitored by the individual responsible to do so. You do not reach anyone unless you're routed accordingly, providing you have given enough reason to do so. You honestly think they are not prepared for this? If work has to get done it will. Phone calls will not deter DHS from getting our borders staffed and protected. Hurts the individual far more than anything else.
                          A few of the numbers I've seen are most likely direct lines/extensions into somebody's office. It's unlikely they are pre-screened by anyone.

Now...the public lines, such as the one you've found on the CBP site...they're fair game. Have at them if you want. As you said though, one does it at his own peril.

Comment

• Well me personally I called IA many times , till when I recieved my nopa response letter , till when I called to make sure he recieved the letter I had to sign and send back till why it hasn't cleared and showed pending 2 wks after I sent it back then on the last call on a Friday, my BI showed cleared following thurs and sent to TSU 2 wks after that bc my retake of fitess

Comment

• I feel it shows persistence and interest on the position and makes u a priority that's just me

Comment

I feel it shows persistence and interest on the position and makes u a priority that's just me
                                I agree, however, that only works if the receiving end shares that same ideal. Many personalities, different cause and affects...plus you must weigh the impersonal approach by way of phone...

Just be careful of how you conduct yourself and make requests.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4490 users online. 314 members and 4176 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X