Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santismo how long were u in TSU and why day ??!!!??

Comment

• My recommendation to everyone in this hiring process:

If you've reached the 6 month mark since meeting your BI and it is still pending, contact Yoda for the IA number.

It is possible to have a case which hasn't even been looked at, go to fully adjudicated in 3 weeks from your initial call to IA.

Thats what happened for me.

Thanks again Yoda.
      ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
      Written: 5/15/08
      NOR: 5/20/08
      TO: 10/28/08
      Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
      Fitness: 2/02/09
      BI: 3/15/09
      OB: 4/24
      EOD: 7/27
      FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
      Written: 3/15/08
      NOR: 4/2/08
      TO: 5/22/08
      Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
      Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
      VBT: 6/30/08
      Drug Test: 7/10/08
      Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
      Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
      BI submitted: 10/10/08
      TSU: 4/2/09
      Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
      EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
        My recommendation to everyone in this hiring process:

If you've reached the 6 month mark since meeting your BI and it is still pending, contact Yoda for the IA number.

It is possible to have a case which hasn't even been looked at, go to fully adjudicated in 3 weeks from your initial call to IA.

Thats what happened for me.

Thanks again Yoda.
        Glad I was able to help!...
        But, those of whom I have helped can actually help others in the same situation, I by all means don't hold the key to that number.... It was given to me by a fellow applicant and I have passed it on to others that have been waiting at least 6 months. Those of you that have contacted IA are as able as I am to help out, just remember to have people wait at least 6 months from their interview!... That way IA has no excuse to give you about the process taking "this amount of time" and to be patient.

At this point, after so many delays and bumps on my BI process, and seeing how quickly some of you are adjudicated... I have lost 99.9% of HOPE to being cleared! It's been 2 weeks since the Sup Adjudicator sent my file up the chain, and all I have is a big "PENDING" next to security!...
        Congrats to all of you who were cleared and got calls this week!...
        We'll see what happens with my BI.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Look guys, i think officers should be in shape and look professional. Yes, you should go to fletc in shape so you dont struggle. My point was, why make a big fuss to add to and change the fletc graduation fitness standards, if there is no standard for officers afterwards?

P.S. By the way, does your graduation hat sit on top of your head like a New Years Eve party hat also!? Hahaha.
          Seriously,you can call me Smokey the Bear for the day....

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
            For those of us applying to CBPO on Monday via USAJOBS do we submit a resume online or is it an online application we just complete? A recruiter told me he thinks I wont need a resume. I would much rather spend that time studying or working out.
            You do not need a resume, in fact you can't even fill out one. That comes later if you actually receive a Tentative Offer.....I thought it was weird that you had to fill out a resume AFTER they sent you the initial offer....but that's the gov for ya....

Comment

• The IA number is on the home website, there's no real secret about where it can be found. It seems that the concern is individuals using the number when they shouldn't. Well, I treat people like adults. Apparently you must wait at least 6 months before using it, I suggest you do so or you may be going against the grain and you would only be hurting yourself. DO NOT aggravate IA.

I can appreciate the discipline behind protecting people from themselves, but if an individual has questionable discretion then it should be learned early on rather when they have my six...or anyones for that matter.

Comment

• For those interested, cbp.gov careers page has now been updated to show the opening from April6 - April 20 for GS 5:7.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                  Santisomo,
                  You should be thanking "when" for deferring til the end of May. They still had to fill that slot. So guess who may have filled that...lol.
                  Just letting you know that I am going to be in Newark and I report to FLETC on May 28. So we will be down there at the same time. I'll buy first round.
                  LOL, I was thinking that too. I probably got his spot that he deferred, so Thank you! My background showed up as completed yesterday which was the last thing I was waiting for. However, it never said anything about TSU just that everything was completed. Then today I got the call today at 12:04m EST with the offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santisomo View Post
                    LOL, I was thinking that too. I probably got his spot that he deferred, so Thank you! My background showed up as completed yesterday which was the last thing I was waiting for. However, it never said anything about TSU just that everything was completed. Then today I got the call today at 12:04m EST with the offer.
                    "She"...I am a lady thank you very much

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                      The IA number is on the home website, there's no real secret about where it can be found. It seems that the concern is individuals using the number when they shouldn't. Well, I treat people like adults. Apparently you must wait at least 6 months before using it, I suggest you do so or you may be going against the grain and you would only be hurting yourself. DO NOT aggravate IA.

I can appreciate the discipline behind protecting people from themselves, but if an individual has questionable discretion then it should be learned early on rather when they have my six...or anyones for that matter.
                      Agreed.

Comment

• My apologies......

Comment

• Originally posted by RJF2 View Post
                          Hi guys and gals thanks for all the great info. Been reading the thread for a few months, this is my first post! Any word on what LA/Long Beach situation is as far as staffing is concerned. Also since my geo preference is La/Long Beach does that mean that if everything goes well i will be working out of the port and airport? Not sure how that works. I appreciate your help. Good luck to all.
                          you will have to pick which ever one is open at the time they call you.. if they just state LAX, then you will only work at the airport.. LB port would be the same, you will only work that location..

Comment

• What exactly do they say when u get The Call ?? Like to a "T"

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                              For those interested, cbp.gov careers page has now been updated to show the opening from April6 - April 20 for GS 5:7.
                              This may give some of the people waiting in TSU a hint when they may receive the call...Example: If your chosen POE says few vacancies or many vacancies....this could show you if they need people at the port you chose. Just a thought......

Comment

• Just an update... my hubby logged into CASS today and is now shown as "complete" for all parts except for the background, which is pending. Pending, here we come...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5376 users online. 327 members and 5049 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X