Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think but dont quote me on it. That its not fully completed. like they clear you but its still ongoing throughout your academy supposedley.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      I'm not discussing firearms policy on an open board like this.

I'll say this though, don't be looking for good firearms policy advice on this board. Nobody seems to know it all that well.

There's a new firearms in the pipeline anyways. By the time you get to FLETC and graduate, it might be already be in play. Old policy or new, whichever policy that is in effect then will be drummed into your head at FLETC. You'll learn it all there.
      To avoid the whole firearms policy thing, just check your weapon with the airline. Every airline posts what you have to do to declare a firearm. It's easy. My brothers and I do it all the time when we go hunting.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
        ooo ...wait laguardia? the airport or a medical center

the medical center at the airport...I knew I had an interim because my background cleared before I ever got a call from my investigator

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
          yes

I had received the call a few days ago but I requested to defer until after the end of may.

My status went from pending in the morning (for my medical...laguardia said I had a fast heart rate) to the call in the evening no TSU or anything.
          When you requested to defer until the end of May, did they give you an EOD date for the end of May.. or did they say you'll get a call back?

Just wondering because I have a paid vacation overseas coming up and I just hit TSU this week.
          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
          Written: 5/15/08
          NOR: 5/20/08
          TO: 10/28/08
          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
          Fitness: 2/02/09
          BI: 3/15/09
          OB: 4/24
          EOD: 7/27
          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
          Written: 3/15/08
          NOR: 4/2/08
          TO: 5/22/08
          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
          VBT: 6/30/08
          Drug Test: 7/10/08
          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
          BI submitted: 10/10/08
          TSU: 4/2/09
          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
          EOD:

Comment

the medical center at the airport...I knew I had an interim because my background cleared before I ever got a call from my investigator
            Same here i got cleared but got my BI call today

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
              To avoid the whole firearms policy thing, just check your weapon with the airline. Every airline posts what you have to do to declare a firearm. It's easy. My brothers and I do it all the time when we go hunting.

That's always an option. For many it's the easiest option.

For those looking to carry on a plane under policy...first, learn the policy...and then follow it.

Comment

• Lovely lady I spoke to said that she would call me back when she gets to scheduling for that time period.
                I had asked if my deferment would adversly affect my EOD... since I am very intrested in the job and was willing to quit school if I needed to (to continue at a later date). She told me that since classes are scheduled weekly I should be able to get an EOD date by June latest July, which was fine by me.

I had also purchased tickets for my vacation to Europe in June but I would not have felt bad about loosing the money. What I spent on the tickets is small compared to what I will be earning.

Comment

Lovely lady I spoke to said that she would call me back when she gets to scheduling for that time period.
                  I had asked if my deferment would adversly affect my EOD... since I am very intrested in the job and was willing to quit school if I needed to (to continue at a later date). She told me that since classes are scheduled weekly I should be able to get an EOD date by June latest July, which was fine by me.

I had also purchased tickets for my vacation to Europe in June but I would not have felt bad about loosing the money. What I spent on the tickets is small compared to what I will be earning.
                  I would have dropped those classes faster than flies on...well you know

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                    I would have dropped those classes faster than flies on...well you know
                    That is why I took online classes this semester... just in case I got that call, I could still do the work from FLETC on my down time. Would it be hard... Hell Yes.. But I am 3 courses from my BS in Criminal Justice... I will make it happen!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                      How do you know if you have a interim clearance or if you BI has been fully cleared? On cass my BI says complete.
                      How long has it been since you met your investigator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                        I am quite surprised from someone who has already been to FLETC would say such a thing. You know as well as I do that if a student is behind on PT, especially with the new changes coming up, he/she will not graduate regardless how good academically, firearms, etc. the person is. You wouldn't want to be that only person in class having to do re-medials and have your whole class wait on the side wishes you best of luck. I strongly encourage everyone whether you are already in TSU or just starting the hiring process to get in shape now! Being fit is important in this career as a stamp monkey at the airport (not so much) or working the drug infested southern border. True they don't require fitness after academy but I sure as hell want to go home every night. That is more than enough reason to start getting busy sweating.

On another note, we got our class 1 uniforms today and boy, the hat....

Look guys, i think officers should be in shape and look professional. Yes, you should go to fletc in shape so you dont struggle. My point was, why make a big fuss to add to and change the fletc graduation fitness standards, if there is no standard for officers afterwards?

P.S. By the way, does your graduation hat sit on top of your head like a New Years Eve party hat also!? Hahaha.
                        Last edited by barnaj; 04-03-2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          Look guys, i think officers should be in shape and look professional. Yes, you should go to fletc in shape so you dont struggle. My point was, why make a big fuss to add to and change the fletc graduation fitness standards, if there is no standard for officers afterwards?

P.S. By the way, does your graduation hat sit on top of your head like a New Years Eve party hat also!? Hahaha.
                          Almost no agencies have formal, enforced fitness standards post-graduation.

What most agencies do have is moderately difficult entry standards, and the informal expectation the their Officer/Agents will maintain a reasonable level of fitness afterwards.

Look at Border Patrol, for example. Their post-academy fitness standards are identical to OFO's.

Comment

• Called MHC. I'm in TSU.

What a ride this has been. Hoping for a call today since its Friday.
                            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                            Written: 5/15/08
                            NOR: 5/20/08
                            TO: 10/28/08
                            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                            Fitness: 2/02/09
                            BI: 3/15/09
                            OB: 4/24
                            EOD: 7/27
                            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                            Written: 3/15/08
                            NOR: 4/2/08
                            TO: 5/22/08
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                            VBT: 6/30/08
                            Drug Test: 7/10/08
                            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                            BI submitted: 10/10/08
                            TSU: 4/2/09
                            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                              Called MHC. I'm in TSU.

What a ride this has been. Hoping for a call today since its Friday.
                              Way to go man. Seems like lots of BI's cleared this week, mine not included. You can either get called or have Nova beat NC. Not both...

Comment

• Please GOD Call me today !!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4498 users online. 300 members and 4198 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X