Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats MANGIEK.....so u got ur EOD and ur drug screening is still pending....i guess u didn't wait long

Comment

• Hey Mangie2k....did you wait the mandatory 2 years to get on...LOL. Hey Good Luck and congrats....hopefully we'll all be in the same boat at some point.

Comment

• OK so we been waiting while Border Patrol is moving......

CBP Hiring Border Patrol Agents Without Complete Background Checks
        January 18th, 2008

Posted in DHS

CBP Offering Expedited Hiring Events For Border Patrol Agent Applicants
        www.fedagent.com

Individuals interested in becoming Border Patrol Agents now have an opportunity to jump-start the process. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) has announced that it is conducting expedited hiring events, which allow successful applicants to begin their new career within 30 days.

Applicants begin the process by registering for the exam on-line. They then prepare for the exam using the agency’s study guide, and take the written exam at one of the designated event locations in Texas, Louisiana, or Oklahoma. Test results are available the same day the exam is taken.

Applicants who pass the test go to Dallas for an accelerated, 2-day hiring process, which includes a background check, polygraph exam, medical and fitness testing, and oral interview. Travel expenses may be reimbursed. If the applicant successfully completes each of these steps, he or she could begin their career as a Border Patrol agent within 30 days, the agency says.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay_c View Post
          OK so we been waiting while Border Patrol is moving......

CBP Hiring Border Patrol Agents Without Complete Background Checks
          January 18th, 2008

Posted in DHS

CBP Offering Expedited Hiring Events For Border Patrol Agent Applicants
          www.fedagent.com

Individuals interested in becoming Border Patrol Agents now have an opportunity to jump-start the process. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) has announced that it is conducting expedited hiring events, which allow successful applicants to begin their new career within 30 days.

Applicants begin the process by registering for the exam on-line. They then prepare for the exam using the agency’s study guide, and take the written exam at one of the designated event locations in Texas, Louisiana, or Oklahoma. Test results are available the same day the exam is taken.

Applicants who pass the test go to Dallas for an accelerated, 2-day hiring process, which includes a background check, polygraph exam, medical and fitness testing, and oral interview. Travel expenses may be reimbursed. If the applicant successfully completes each of these steps, he or she could begin their career as a Border Patrol agent within 30 days, the agency says.
          Trust me bro, customs does that too. Odds are if youre at FLETC, your background is complete but not yet adjudicated. If you have anything in your past it'll come up at FLETC for you to explain

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Trust me bro, customs does that too. Odds are if youre at FLETC, your background is complete but not yet adjudicated. If you have anything in your past it'll come up at FLETC for you to explain

Actually just lost a guy from CBP who was a good 3 weeks out of FLETC.

Comment

• Update

Originally posted by jay_c View Post
              Awesome, I just got a call for my drug test to be taken this week and found out I passed my VBT test..

Pre-Employment Forms completed
              Qualifications completed
              Medical Exam completed
              Structured Interview completed
              Drug Screening pending
              Background Investigation completed
              Fitness completed
              Congrats jay_c!

It should not be long now!!!!

Keep us updated!!!
              Toughmommy

CBP Process:
              Took Test: June 2006, passed/95 w/vet pref
              TO: Nov. 21, 2007
              Pre-Employment Forms: completed 1/4/08 & accepted
              Quals: completed/GS-5-12/20/07
              Medical Exam: completed Feb. 2008
              Structured Interview: 12/26/07-passed
              Drug Screening: 1/17/08-passed
              BI: being reviewed
              Fitness: completed/passed Dec. 2007

Comment

• Good News!!

Originally posted by Mangie2k View Post
                Fellow dwelers, wanted to share the good news! I just go the CALL with the final offer....OH HAPPY DAY!....I selected the Nogales POE, AZ with an EOD of 25 Feb and Mar 11 academy start. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, I know what you're going thru.
                Congratulations Mangie2k!

That is wonderful news!!! Have a great time at FLETC!!!!

Keep us updated on how you're doing at the academy!!
                Toughmommy

CBP Process:
                Took Test: June 2006, passed/95 w/vet pref
                TO: Nov. 21, 2007
                Pre-Employment Forms: completed 1/4/08 & accepted
                Quals: completed/GS-5-12/20/07
                Medical Exam: completed Feb. 2008
                Structured Interview: 12/26/07-passed
                Drug Screening: 1/17/08-passed
                BI: being reviewed
                Fitness: completed/passed Dec. 2007

Comment

Congrats MANGIEK.....so u got ur EOD and ur drug screening is still pending....i guess u didn't wait long
                  Yeap, I got the call three days after completing the drug test.
                  MANGIE2K

Comment

• Originally posted by Thulsa75 View Post
                    Hey Mangie2k....did you wait the mandatory 2 years to get on...LOL. Hey Good Luck and congrats....hopefully we'll all be in the same boat at some point.
                    I did not! Arizona moves lightning fast, guess they really need people down at the borders POE's.
                    MANGIE2K

Comment

• How do we Know

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Hey Mangie2k,.... barnaj and convo got me thinking.....when did u complete ur BI and how do u know it is complete...i ask cause i know mine can't be done after just two weeks but yet it reads in the cass as complete....

just wondering

Comment

Hey Mangie2k,.... barnaj and convo got me thinking.....when did u complete ur BI and how do u know it is complete...i ask cause i know mine can't be done after just two weeks but yet it reads in the cass as complete....

just wondering

With the BI you can pass what they call the CW (clear waiver) which deems that your BI is, at a minimal glance, good enough to refer to scheduling if the rest of the sections are completed. One thing, however, is that it is possible for them to still reject you if something comes up in your BI. Unless you have something serious that you haven't told them, I wouldn't worry about it and many times people are at FLETC training when their BI finally passes all phases/stages. In a nutshell, if it looks basically good/pass-able then they will let you begin to go through the scheduling phase. If there is an issue they will pull your case back into the security office.
                        I went through this EXACT experience and this info is directly from the scheduling office.

Comment

• Mangie2k, after FLETC, get some good insoles for boots.

Originally posted by Mangie2k View Post
                          Fellow dwelers, wanted to share the good news! I just go the CALL with the final offer....OH HAPPY DAY!....I selected the Nogales POE, AZ with an EOD of 25 Feb and Mar 11 academy start. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, I know what you're going thru.
                          Current BPA, I have worked the Nogales (downtown) POE. Also, we take our VRs and ERS there. You'll learn more about that at FLETC. Nogales has two POEs; the downtown POE and the Mariposa POE. You'll probably start in downtown. It is the busiest POE in Tucson Sector. The Maiposa is usually a truck POE. There is a buch of great guys to work there with, however, get ready for long hours and plenty of OT ($$).
                          There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• Here's something that came out yesterday at work...

http://www.cbpunion.org/LEO/LEO.aspx

I don't know what CBP did to the white house for him to not want us to have this. But I swear, he just don't like us. He throwing billions of dollars around and crying about measly 50 million. But don't think anything will come of it. Just keeping you informed.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillystactical View Post
                              Current BPA, I have worked the Nogales (downtown) POE. Also, we take our VRs and ERS there. You'll learn more about that at FLETC. Nogales has two POEs; the downtown POE and the Mariposa POE. You'll probably start in downtown. It is the busiest POE in Tucson Sector. The Maiposa is usually a truck POE. There is a buch of great guys to work there with, however, get ready for long hours and plenty of OT ($$).
                              Thanks for the heads-up!
                              MANGIE2K

Comment

just wondering
                                My BI showed COMPLETED in CASS the first week of Jan.
                                MANGIE2K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12035 users online. 478 members and 11557 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X