300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kd6512 View Post
    Which assignment Pays more? Law Enforcement is one of the lowest paying professions. Yes, we will live comfortable however we will never be millionaires in this profession. Are you sure you got into this profession for the right reasons?
    i'm not looking to become a millionare, i just wan't to know which position pays more and have the best benefits, and yes, i'm in the right proffesion .

Comment

• Originally posted by FLCP View Post
      Hey Merlin,

This may be kind of a stupid question, but hopefully you know the answer. I really want the Tampa area. The seaport also has a cruise port and cbp takes care of that as well. Is there a group assigned to just the cruise areas and Port areas. Does whoever is working just kind of go wherever the need may be. I am just wondering as I have read on here that the port cargo guys have different clothes versus the folks who interact with citizens everyday.

Just wondering as I sit and wait.
      I've never work Tampa and I have no special knowledge of the place, so I'm not likely to be much help...but...

Some ports work officers at both airports and seaports interchangeably, some pretty much separate them completely. Some ports have officers that interchange between cargo and passenger, some don't. I have no idea how Tampa does their thing.

Class 4 BDU's(cloth badge and nameplate) are generally for those areas where cargo processing is done and generally in areas outside the public eye. Generally. Landborder is a bit different. If an airport/seaport has a climate controlled passenger processing facility, you're probably looking at the fancy class 2 uniforms. Outside, aboard ship, etc. it's probably a class 3 uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
        I am applying for CPBO on Monday. I know I am supposed to schedule the exam online. How soon can I take it? I need at least three more weeks to study but dont want to delay it too much because I turn 37 in August.
        Varies. It will depend on what test centers are available and when.

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
          i'm not looking to become a millionare, i just wan't to know which position pays more and have the best benefits, and yes, i'm in the right proffesion .

The benefits are pretty much identical. As for who makes more money, it's all going to depend on each individual situation. Generally speaking CBPO's tend more towards the extremes then PA's. PA's tend toward the high middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            The benefits are pretty much identical. As for who makes more money, it's all going to depend on each individual situation. Generally speaking CBPO's tend more towards the extremes then PA's. PA's tend toward the high middle.
            Ok, i have been qualified in BPA as GL-7 and Cbpo as GS-7, if i'm in arizona wich is the starting salary for both ? and in the academy ? Thanks for the info bro !

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
              Ok, i have been qualified in BPA as GL-7 and Cbpo as GS-7, if i'm in arizona wich is the starting salary for both ? and in the academy ? Thanks for the info bro !

If you do a search here and elsewhere, you'll find the links for pay in Arizona. You'll also find the academy pay info in here somewhere as well.

Happy searching,
              Mer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                No I want it asap but just don't Wanna work 2 wks then only have 1 week to figure everything out to drive or fly to miami and I wanna drive
                It appears me and you are in the same situation. I am planning on driving down from Chicago. Have you figured out where you will be staying during pre-academy and are you planning on moving your family down before Fletc or after graduation.
                Miami by way of Chicago
                Test 8/4/08
                TO 11/13/08
                Drug Test 11/13/08
                VBT 12/11/08
                Physical 12/16/08
                Qual 1/10/09
                Met BI 1/5/09
                BI cleared 2/19/09
                TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                  BI cleared today as well... all has cleared except for my Pre-Employment forms. I called MHC and they told me "Your 75 information packet (for current fed employees) has not been sent out" and that it should be sent in a few days.... then I can join everybody in TSU (I hope)
                  Same thing for me, I'm waiting for my current federal employer to send them documents but they still put me in TSU.........

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                    Same thing for me, I'm waiting for my current federal employer to send them documents but they still put me in TSU.........
                    How long have you been waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                      It appears me and you are in the same situation. I am planning on driving down from Chicago. Have you figured out where you will be staying during pre-academy and are you planning on moving your family down before Fletc or after graduation.
                      Well I'm going to stay with my brother dr pre academy . And I'm hoping to get atleast a week before I report back to EOD so I can move my stuff down to Miami. Prob will either Uhaul it or look in POD delievery moving.... I can always put my stuff in storage and stay with my brother untill we find a place which is y I picked Miami bc my brother lives there and is a CBPO otherwise it be alot more difficult like yourself

Comment

• Cbpstyle, are you prepared for the dramatic difference in weather? Buffalo's wonderfully freezing cold winters to Miami's beaches? Personally, I'm not a fan of the heat but this is a nice upgrade. Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                          Well I'm going to stay with my brother dr pre academy . And I'm hoping to get atleast a week before I report back to EOD so I can move my stuff down to Miami. Prob will either Uhaul it or look in POD delievery moving.... I can always put my stuff in storage and stay with my brother untill we find a place which is y I picked Miami bc my brother lives there and is a CBPO otherwise it be alot more difficult like yourself
                          If you don't mine I would like to ask a couple of questions about the Miami Port that you may know since your brother is already there. Is he happy with his career? Would he prefer the airport or the seaport? What is the work schedule like? And is it relatively easy to gain seniority there. Also if your brother is from up north as well how do he like the south Florida living? Thanks in advance.
                          Miami by way of Chicago
                          Test 8/4/08
                          TO 11/13/08
                          Drug Test 11/13/08
                          VBT 12/11/08
                          Physical 12/16/08
                          Qual 1/10/09
                          Met BI 1/5/09
                          BI cleared 2/19/09
                          TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Hey, I'm new to the forum. I have read through alot of the threads and have gotten alot of information. I am currently waiting on my vbt results which I took March 3, 2009 and my background to clear. Everything else is complete. I live in Georgia, and anyone not from here has to get ready to adjust to the summers down here. The bugs are no joke either but you all will get used to it. I am hoping for Atlanta Hartsfield Airport. Anyone hear any news from Atlanta?
                            CBPO
                            Geo Pref:Georgia
                            NOR:3/07
                            T.O:10/08
                            1st TSU:6/09
                            2nd Fitness test:11/09
                            Credit pulled:4/10
                            2nd TSU:5/10
                            2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                            2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                            2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                            All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Well he likes doing what he does . He made 90 Gs last yr 3 yrs in with OT. He hasn't done seaport but with the heat he says he hopes I get airport as well. And he does immigration now bc he don't like working with all the drugs stuff. He likes south Florida living , says Miami is just a great place to visit. He put in transfer for Ottawa Airprt. He will get dip status, his mortage , utilities, and kids private schooling paid for while he works there . hope this helps , enjoy. And to moving from buffalo living in buffalo for 22 yrs u best believe I'm ready for M.I.A. !!!

Comment

• he said with OT I should make 50 1st yr easy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3596 users online. 247 members and 3349 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X