300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    You're going to be flying back home during training? That might be tough.
    how do you get around without a car you take local buses and whatnot? or is walmart in walking distance?

Comment

• well this seems to be like a good week. Im done with all the CASS pendings! SO i guess im waiting for the "CALL". Hope its soon. Guys, how long after when you saw you finished all your CASS pendings did you recieve the "call"?

Comment

• hey guys,
        I need some advice, I took the exam in 03/08 and got a 77 for miami, florida, are they gonna go down on the list?
        should I take the exam again when they open up again or should I extend my score for a year???
        I'm leaning towards taking the exam again and scoring better, thanks......

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          They don't make anyone brush their teeth either, but I'll bet people see the advantage of not letting their teeth rot out of their heads.

For those needing a difference, look around at any other LEO job. Being fit should make you healthier, make working easier, and as FLCP said...when you do(and it'll happen) have to go hands on with someone, you'll last long enough in the fight to get the job done.
          I agree with you, but reality is reality. Does anyone need to constantly hear about how easy or hard running 1.5 miles is? Does it matter what NY or Detroit or Philidelphia police departments or the Border Patrol or ICE's standards are? Its all irrelevant and none of that matters once they finish their respective academies if no fitness standard is enforced there after.

Comment

• TSU Timelines for people in TSU for Miami!!!??!! Just trying to see how long the wait will b for "The Call" ...... Because Im thinking of putting my 2 weeks in at my job April 16th which wiill be 16 days in Tsu bc I want to spend time with my wife and son before I leave but don't want to wait 2-3 mths for call

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
              how do you get around without a car you take local buses and whatnot? or is walmart in walking distance?
              No it really isnt. They run shuttle buses to and from the mall or wal-mart. Normally though, just hitch a ride with one of your buddies when they are headed up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                You're going to be flying back home during training? That might be tough.
                It will be tough. But not as tough as staying there for 3 1/2 months with little ones at home. Been planning and saving for this since the beginning. Just weighing all my options.

Comment

• WOOHOOO!!!! My BI FINALLY cleared today!! Now just waiting for medical and qualifications and then it's off to L.A.!!!(after the call ofcourse ) and Wrestlemania 25!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                    TSU Timelines for people in TSU for Miami!!!??!! Just trying to see how long the wait will b for "The Call" ...... Because Im thinking of putting my 2 weeks in at my job April 16th which wiill be 16 days in Tsu bc I want to spend time with my wife and son before I leave but don't want to wait 2-3 mths for call
                    I have been waiting in the TSU timeline since Feb. 19th for Miami. I have did a little research and notice that they called for Miami at the beginning of December and at the end of January so thats roughly 2 months apart. I'm not sure if there full or if we can expect a call within the next month. Hopefully they give me a call sometime during the month of April and I'm sure they will give you a call at the same time since it appears they call people for the same Geo preference at the same time. So keep your fingers cross and hopefully we get the call this week or next week.
                    Miami by way of Chicago
                    Test 8/4/08
                    TO 11/13/08
                    Drug Test 11/13/08
                    VBT 12/11/08
                    Physical 12/16/08
                    Qual 1/10/09
                    Met BI 1/5/09
                    BI cleared 2/19/09
                    TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by smk99 View Post
                      Need some info guys and gals...

I have a junior officer here who is interested in CBPO. He missed out on the last hire in January and is looking to get picked up. I heard a rumor that DHS would be doing another hire on 4/6/09. Have any of you heard this and can confirm it or provide any further information?

Thanks in advance.

R/

Smk
                      They will be hiring again on 4/6/09. It's a very long process so people can't think they will be getting out of their current job anytime soon. If you have any other questions about the process, just PM me......
                      Last edited by tippmann87; 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        I agree with you, but reality is reality. Does anyone need to constantly hear about how easy or hard running 1.5 miles is? Does it matter what NY or Detroit or Philidelphia police departments or the Border Patrol or ICE's standards are? Its all irrelevant and none of that matters once they finish their respective academies if no fitness standard is enforced there after.

The fact is that most federal agencies don't have enforced fitness standards post-academy. Most agencies set reasonably difficult standards for their academies and then informally expect their people to maintain a reasonable level of fitness.

In CBP, like just about everywhere else, it does matter post-academy...at least if someone is looking to move above GS-11 or into a more interesting collateral duty. GS-12's and alternative duties like K9, firearms, specialty teams and the like are competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
                          I have been waiting in the TSU timeline since Feb. 19th for Miami. I have did a little research and notice that they called for Miami at the beginning of December and at the end of January so thats roughly 2 months apart. I'm not sure if there full or if we can expect a call within the next month. Hopefully they give me a call sometime during the month of April and I'm sure they will give you a call at the same time since it appears they call people for the same Geo preference at the same time. So keep your fingers cross and hopefully we get the call this week or next week.
                          Thanx Bro!!! Yea your prob right they prob call for ppl every 2 mths. My brother is an CBPO in Miami he said they are in need ESP with the new international terminal being built.... So I think I will put my 2 wks April 16th he told me it shouldn't be long before I get called , less then a month

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                            Thanx Bro!!! Yea your prob right they prob call for ppl every 2 mths. My brother is an CBPO in Miami he said they are in need ESP with the new international terminal being built.... So I think I will put my 2 wks April 16th he told me it shouldn't be long before I get called , less then a month
                            Unless you have money to support yourself for long time, personally I don't feel that is a very smart move. You never know what could happen, especially with the new administration. I wouldn't give 2 weeks until you are offered a firm offer of employment. There have been cases of people being stuck in TSU for 90+ days......

Comment

• vision question

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to estimate how close you might be to meeting the 20/100 uncorrected vision requirement just by your perscription? I know there's a lot more to it than that, but just curious. The perscription on my contacts is -2.25 in both eyes. I do have an exam coming up and can ask then, but this has really been bothering me lately! Thanks guys!

Comment

• Just checked this morning and my BI was just cleared. Everything is done so time to move onto Stage 8 of Pendingville!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11769 users online. 251 members and 11518 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X