300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info guys and gals...

I have a junior officer here who is interested in CBPO. He missed out on the last hire in January and is looking to get picked up. I heard a rumor that DHS would be doing another hire on 4/6/09. Have any of you heard this and can confirm it or provide any further information?

Thanks in advance.

R/

Smk

Comment

• Originally posted by Kneeo View Post
      Can you install an AC in your room? are you permitted?

Nope, you can't do anything like that. It actually isn't too bad with a fan right now. I slept a lot better than I thought I would. Although in the later months it will probably be worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
        Did you drive or fly down?
        I took a plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Not only is a 16.5 minute 1.5 mile run a joke, if you're a guy...and you're under 30...a 12 minute 1.5 mile run is more or less a joke. Nearly everyone who puts in the effort and work to get themselves running at an eight minute mile pace will in time run an eight minute mile.

The minimum entry level run time for NYS Police academy recruits(males/under 30)...12:18. Same minimum needed to graduate...10:47.

http://www.nytrooper.com/fitness_levels.cfm
          Merlin, I agree.

I am 31 at 6'2" 230lbs and lift weights quite a bit, but do barely any cardio. I tested with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission and scored 60 push-ups, 52 sit-ups and ran the 1.5 mile in 12:16 then swam 300 yards, but I was hurting. The 15 minutes should be no issues for anyone that does anytype of excercise. I have been in law enforcement for 7 years, I have been in approximately 10 all out resistance fights. You have got to be in shape in this job, I know after about 1-2 minutes of fighting someone to cuff em up. I was spent.........
          FLCP

CBP0 (FL OTHER LOC)
          TEST - 7/21/08 (89)
          TO - 9/12/08
          VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
          FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
          GS-7 11/14/08
          DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
          Met with BI in November 2008.
          MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
          BACKGROUND - IN SECURITY OFFICE

IEA
          TEST - 5/26/09 (TAMPA)

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
            I took a plane.
            I'll be joining your club on May 28th. I plan on flying home to NJ a few times out of Jacksonville. Do you know anything about shuttles to the airport or car rentals yet. Anyone can chime in. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
              I'll be joining your club on May 28th. I plan on flying home to NJ a few times out of Jacksonville. Do you know anything about shuttles to the airport or car rentals yet. Anyone can chime in. Thanks
              Probably just find a classmate with a car and buy them a tank of gas and ask them for a ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLCP View Post
                Merlin, I agree.

I am 31 at 6'2" 230lbs and lift weights quite a bit, but do barely any cardio. I tested with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission and scored 60 push-ups, 52 sit-ups and ran the 1.5 mile in 12:16 then swam 300 yards, but I was hurting. The 15 minutes should be no issues for anyone that does anytype of excercise. I have been in law enforcement for 7 years, I have been in approximately 10 all out resistance fights. You have got to be in shape in this job, I know after about 1-2 minutes of fighting someone to cuff em up. I was spent.........
                I dont understand the relevance of anyone (including myself) arguing or presenting facts and times in relationship to fitness in CBP or any other department. If they DO NOT make you stay in shape after finishing training, then what's the difference?

Comment

• CASS seems to be down! I'm already starting to shake and sweat!

My name is DirtStyx, I am a CASSaholic and it has been an hour and a half since my last login.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                    CASS seems to be down! I'm already starting to shake and sweat!

My name is DirtStyx, I am a CASSaholic and it has been an hour and a half since my last login.
                    CASS is working fine for me.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Its on you

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      I dont understand the relevance of anyone (including myself) arguing or presenting facts and times in relationship to fitness in CBP or any other department. If they DO NOT make you stay in shape after finishing training, then what's the difference?
                      I totally agree, but IMO you should keep in shape if it enables you to be prepared and able to go home at the end of the day. As far as entrance, if no one is making you do it; its your life.
                      FLCP

CBP0 (FL OTHER LOC)
                      TEST - 7/21/08 (89)
                      TO - 9/12/08
                      VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
                      FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
                      GS-7 11/14/08
                      DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
                      Met with BI in November 2008.
                      MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
                      BACKGROUND - IN SECURITY OFFICE

IEA
                      TEST - 5/26/09 (TAMPA)

Comment

• I can't remember where I read this, but recall seeing somewhere a CBPO gets several paid hours a week to workout at a gym. Can anyone confirm this? I workout and run already, but it would be even better to be paid for it
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          They don't make anyone brush their teeth either, but I'll bet people see the advantage of not letting their teeth rot out of their heads.

For those needing a difference, look around at any other LEO job. Being fit should make you healthier, make working easier, and as FLCP said...when you do(and it'll happen) have to go hands on with someone, you'll last long enough in the fight to get the job done.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                            I can't remember where I read this, but recall seeing somewhere a CBPO gets several paid hours a week to workout at a gym. Can anyone confirm this? I workout and run already, but it would be even better to be paid for it

Negative.

It's not happening, and it's not in any pipeline that I'm aware of.

Comment

• Originally posted by southwest View Post
                              Wow why would you need all these agility run test? I mean come on you are either going to be standing in a booth or at airport terminal with plenty of officers around.
                              Ahh...no.

I'm not saying that doesn't happen, at some places and at some times, but most places don't have Officers standing about all day in a booth...and most places don't have the staffing to send out a "blue wave" whenever something comes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                                You're going to be flying back home during training? That might be tough.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13156 users online. 233 members and 12923 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X