Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSU timeline for ppl in TSU for Miami???????

Comment

• BI cleared thanks to ME!!

After six months of waiting with nothing from the security office I called today and low and behold my BI cleared on 12/29!!!! But i guess someone forgot to tell the MHC. Ive been showing as pending for three months. I called MHC and brought it to their attention and I got a wonderful email saying I have cleared all processes and my file will be going to TSU! woo hoo. Persistence pays off - wait at least six months but definitely keep tabs on your process as files can be lost, miscommunications happens, things get forgotten, typos happen.

FLETC here I come....

Comment

• I’m so upset! Ever since I’ve got my TO I would try to log into CASS just to see a message that my dob/ss was not found in the database; then one day I’ve got in and was greeted by a wall of blue “pendings”. I like blue; it’s a pretty color, so that was OK. Then one day something had turned green – as in “completed” green. I was jumping up and down from joy (forms rec’d). Since then I would make it a daily habit of checking CASS after work; just once, to preserve my sanity; Thursdays were always exciting days since it seems that’s when they update the system. Forms and fitness were the easy ones. Then few days ago everything else has turned green, on the same day, of course except Background Investigation. That’s what really grinds my gears. How could they deprive me of three happy Thursdays, not updating it one by one… instead now I’m facing who knows how many months of staring at one damned “pending”, all the anticipation gone, alone and cold in Pendingville…

Hey guys, I’m Mike and I’m a cassoholic.
        CBPO Timeline
        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
          I think Merlin might have rubbed a few the wrong way but the bottom line is that it's a harsh reality. Some people here on base brush off physical fitness and by the time they get here, they can't pass the physical battery. Personally, there should be no reason what so ever that any new student can't pass a 16:30 1.5 mile run. It's a joke to be quite honest, there I said it. All new hires are strongly encouraged to stay in top shape prior to arrival. Other agencies here on base have way stricter standards. If you can't make staying fit one of your top priority, I have nothing left to say....

Not only is a 16.5 minute 1.5 mile run a joke, if you're a guy...and you're under 30...a 12 minute 1.5 mile run is more or less a joke. Nearly everyone who puts in the effort and work to get themselves running at an eight minute mile pace will in time run an eight minute mile.

The minimum entry level run time for NYS Police academy recruits(males/under 30)...12:18. Same minimum needed to graduate...10:47.

http://www.nytrooper.com/fitness_levels.cfm

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
            "In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards."
            If you are an new hire, these new fitness standards is all you will ever know. But I bet there are some very un happy current CBPo's out there. To any of you current CBPO's, this must be a serious issue? How is the older CBPO generation taking this? Anytime I have seen CBPO's here there were some pretty out of shape officers, any back lash?
            As was pointed out, it'll only affect new hires after October.

For the sake of argument though, I'll say that "if" a standard came into play for current CBPO's, you'd see very little issues about it. Obviously, most of the 20 year guys...and a lot of newer, older hires would need to be optioned out. Then the issue of equipment/gym access, and compensation for exercise time would need to be hashed out.

Once that was done, I don't see it as much of an issue. Most everyone would head to the gym willingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
              Wireless card actually works great, although it's expensive. Didn't have a chance to eat here yet, just got back from Walmart getting fans and such.
              Did you drive or fly down?

Comment

• short timer,
                this link has a whack load of info, even if its not what youre looking for.
                http://www.fletc.gov/

Comment

• Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB)Several Basic and Advanced programs are required to participate in the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB). The PEB consists of five physical fitness items that are performed during a single physical fitness evaluation session. The PEB measures body fat (skin fold technique), flexibility (sit and reach test), speed and agility (Illinois agility test), upper body strength (bench press), and aerobic capacity (1.5 mile run).

In order to participate in the PEB, students must bring a pair of running and court (tennis) shoes. Running shoes are appropriate for the 1.5 mile run, but they do not provide adequate support during lateral movement; therefore, students who do not have court shoes will not be allowed to complete the agility run.

Comment

• hi guy!!

i got update on VBT and qualification today!!! so only thing that i am missing is .. BI!!!! can't wait to finish!!!

hi! yoda, and nordy.!!

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      Wireless card actually works great, although it's expensive. Didn't have a chance to eat here yet, just got back from Walmart getting fans and such.
                      if you don't mind me asking, how much is expensive? do you have to pay monthly or is it a one time purchase?

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                        if you don't mind me asking, how much is expensive? do you have to pay monthly or is it a one time purchase?
                        the service for the card will run you from $40-$60/month depending on how much usage. The card themselves can be purchased brand new off ebay for around $85-$150 depending on the type, and provider.

Hope that helps!!

Comment

• holy.. that's expensive as hell. i think i'll take my chances at finding a wireless connection off my laptop. i have a feeling it's slim though..

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            As was pointed out, it'll only affect new hires after October.

For the sake of argument though, I'll say that "if" a standard came into play for current CBPO's, you'd see very little issues about it. Obviously, most of the 20 year guys...and a lot of newer, older hires would need to be optioned out. Then the issue of equipment/gym access, and compensation for exercise time would need to be hashed out.

Once that was done, I don't see it as much of an issue. Most everyone would head to the gym willingly.
                            Very very very very few Law Enforcement agencies in this country have any physical fitness standards post academy. I've seen "elite" agencies in my area that have guy's who haven't seen their "thing" in years. If the BP doesn't have a standard then we won't have one.

They would have to install an optional "fitness incentive" for a number of years before transitioning to a full out standard. The California DOC (who NEED to be in shape) have a bonus for passing an annual test.

I would guess the only reason this will ever happen is for a health care cost cutting measure for the agency, not cause they care about us.

Funny, while writing this I googled a lil and found this article. It mentions the BP going to career fitness standards.

Fat cop article

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                              holy.. that's expensive as hell. i think i'll take my chances at finding a wireless connection off my laptop. i have a feeling it's slim though..
                              I hear ya, it is expensive. But having a pregnant wife and a 2 year old daughter already at home... I would probably be willing to pay that cost to see them via webcam and say good night.

I do not see why they just dont have the rooms wired for cable internet and then just charge students if they would like to use it.

In any manner... I will just concentrate on getting into TSU first, before I worry about all that !!

Comment

• Wow why would you need all these agility run test? I mean come on you are either going to be standing in a booth or at airport terminal with plenty of officers around. I understand being in shape but it seems like overkill. I don't think even Border patrol has as much. **** I never took that many runs test even during fire academy, but hauling that dummy in gear, in summer after completing a circuit did suck. Maybe they should implement some short of drag test sort of how CO/Sheriff does I didn't see that in the list.

Either way i think it might add as another distraction to some vs their academics.

Also if Homeland security is all the same team why don't we train with the border patrol agents in NM? Just asking

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2677 users online. 186 members and 2491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X