Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys just signed into CASS. Looks like alot of good news for some huh? I saw everything compelted but my VBT. Lets hope this isnt a bad april fools joke right?

Comment

• TSU timelines for people in TSU for Miami??

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Please...

Whatever the new standards come out to be, I'll bet $100 that current CBPO's wil be able to pass it at a higher rate than new applicants.

Unlike most of the chip-eating, Nintendo playing applicant pool, most of us have been on the job and working out for years.
        Harsh generalization, you know i've been reading your posts for a long time now. You really do think your the only fit for this job, Don't you?

Comment

• Question

Obviously the medical and BI go to two seperate areas, but does one wait on the other? I had to send a letter into medical indicating why I use the medication Lunesta (sleeping pill). My doctors note cleared it and my medical states completed as of today. My BI has been in the security office since December and I was wondering would the BI wait until i was cleared medically as I had to send additional information?
          FLCP

CBP0 (FL OTHER LOC)
          TEST - 7/21/08 (89)
          TO - 9/12/08
          VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
          FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
          GS-7 11/14/08
          DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
          Met with BI in November 2008.
          MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
          BACKGROUND - IN SECURITY OFFICE

IEA
          TEST - 5/26/09 (TAMPA)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostDone View Post
            Harsh generalization, you know i've been reading your posts for a long time now. You really do think your the only fit for this job, Don't you?
            Harsh...maybe. I prefer to think of it as being more along the lines of being brutally honest.

I think I'm the only one fit enough for this job? Not even close. Lot of applicants and current officers are far more fit than I. I'll even go so far as to say that if the day ever comes when I'm the poster-child for OFO...Katy, bar the door. The agency will be be in for a very rough ride.

Read this thread. Search for other CBPO applicant posts elsewhere on the web.

See the numbers of applicants who struggle to meet the current standards. See the numbers of people who think running a 16.5 minute 1.5 mile is a meaningful accomplishment. Look at the number of "running 1.5 miles once in your career" and "it's acceptable to gain 50 pounds" posts there are. Check out the numbers of applicants who are in the "bottom tier" of fitness compared to those in the mid-high range.

Then...get back to me Al.

Comment

• [QUOTE=FLCP;1743314]Obviously the medical and BI go to two seperate areas, but does one wait on the other? I had to send a letter into medical indicating why I use the medication Lunesta

I have a friend who recently applied for CBP and had gotten divorced a few years ago. At th time he used a certain anti-depression med which he reported on both his med exam and BI. They cleared roughly 3 mos. apart, but was then dropped from the hiring pool because the meds were not prescribed to him. It seems that the BI process is completely seperate but they do go over your completed med exam

Comment

• judt finish my medical , one more check in the book
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Finally made it to FLETC and I'm getting settled. We ended up in the crackhouses which aren't too bad, but it's hotter than hell and no air or anything to cool it down. Being from Maine it will take a lot to get use to the humidity because it's only in the 70s now here.

Comment

• ok i had my physical today along with the fitness test, how long do i have to wait to do the drug test after this? i already took the VBT and sent in the paper work im pretty much done on my half right?? the ball in their court now right?
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      Finally made it to FLETC and I'm getting settled. We ended up in the crackhouses which aren't too bad, but it's hotter than hell and no air or anything to cool it down. Being from Maine it will take a lot to get use to the humidity because it's only in the 70s now here.
                      Not trying to rub it in or anything but the last 70+ days or so at FLETC in my own hotel room off site have been quite..... pleasant.

Comment

Finally made it to FLETC and I'm getting settled. We ended up in the crackhouses which aren't too bad, but it's hotter than hell and no air or anything to cool it down. Being from Maine it will take a lot to get use to the humidity because it's only in the 70s now here.
                        hope everything works out fine! keep us posted on how it goes.

Comment

yo so how is that verizon card for your laptop working out? my roommate is in your class and bought a macbook before he left and asked me to ask you how well it's working. any other updates while you're there will also be appreciated.. such as rooming situations, food, so on..

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Harsh...maybe. I prefer to think of it as being more along the lines of being brutally honest.

I think I'm the only one fit enough for this job? Not even close. Lot of applicants and current officers are far more fit than I. I'll even go so far as to say that if the day ever comes when I'm the poster-child for OFO...Katy, bar the door. The agency will be be in for a very rough ride.

Read this thread. Search for other CBPO applicant posts elsewhere on the web.

See the numbers of applicants who struggle to meet the current standards. See the numbers of people who think running a 16.5 minute 1.5 mile is a meaningful accomplishment. Look at the number of "running 1.5 miles once in your career" and "it's acceptable to gain 50 pounds" posts there are. Check out the numbers of applicants who are in the "bottom tier" of fitness compared to those in the mid-high range.

Then...get back to me Al.
                            I think Merlin might have rubbed a few the wrong way but the bottom line is that it's a harsh reality. Some people here on base brush off physical fitness and by the time they get here, they can't pass the physical battery. Personally, there should be no reason what so ever that any new student can't pass a 16:30 1.5 mile run. It's a joke to be quite honest, there I said it. All new hires are strongly encouraged to stay in top shape prior to arrival. Other agencies here on base have way stricter standards. If you can't make staying fit one of your top priority, I have nothing left to say....

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                              yo so how is that verizon card for your laptop working out? my roommate is in your class and bought a macbook before he left and asked me to ask you how well it's working. any other updates while you're there will also be appreciated.. such as rooming situations, food, so on..
                              Wireless card actually works great, although it's expensive. Didn't have a chance to eat here yet, just got back from Walmart getting fans and such.

Comment

Wireless card actually works great, although it's expensive. Didn't have a chance to eat here yet, just got back from Walmart getting fans and such.
                                Can you install an AC in your room? are you permitted?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10260 users online. 239 members and 10021 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X