300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
    "In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards."
    I thought this meant that current CBPO's have to take the tests also. Maybe I read it wrong. I know other agencies have physical tests every year for their employee's and thought CBP was doing the same. Did I read it wrong?
    I believe that is referring to the new hires going down. The letter stated the new curriculum would start on April 1st and the implementation of the new standards would begin October 1st.

Comment

• I read it wrong. I am surprised that CBP does not have a set of standards for current CBPO's.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
        Why would current CBPOs be mad? They do not have to complete the requirements again. Most of the ones I've talked to are happy they are finally making some changes. They think it is being done to possibly move towards a LE retirement.
        Well of course they are gonna be happy! They can stay out of shape and not do anything and ride the new trainess fitness levels to LE status.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Well of course they are gonna be happy! They can stay out of shape and not do anything and ride the new trainess fitness levels to LE status.
          good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
            good point.
            Well i was only partly serious. There are many CBPO's who take care of themselves but i assume there are plenty of tubs who are gonna reap the benefits of the new standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Please...

Whatever the new standards come out to be, I'll bet $100 that current CBPO's wil be able to pass it at a higher rate than new applicants.

Unlike most of the chip-eating, Nintendo playing applicant pool, most of us have been on the job and working out for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Please...

Whatever the new standards come out to be, I'll bet $100 that current CBPO's wil be able to pass it at a higher rate than new applicants.

Unlike most of the chip-eating, Nintendo playing applicant pool, most of us have been on the job and working out for years.
                I guess its a person by person basis, but i'll take $100 on that action. If you took 100 random trainees .vs. 100 random currents without hand picking them, i think the trainees would no doubt have a better fitness level.
                Okay, enough of that.

Comment

• I'll take that bet...easy money coming my way.

Comment

• Wow,...after about 2 MONTHS of stalking this forum the "moderator" finally approved my use of the forum! Anywho, thanks to everyone in here for being so helpful and professional. Ive been reading other LE forums and its either alot of petty squabbling or posts that are waaaaay off subject.
                    Here's my timeline,..good luck to everybody!

Written Exam: 05/08---score/88
                    MED :10/08 (had to take 3 times due to facility 'errors'!
                    VBT :07/08
                    BI :began 12/08~met with BI 01/09~~Pending.....
                    Applying for SE AZ

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      I'll take that bet...easy money coming my way.
                      Engaging in gambling activity on a government computer is a clear violation of the information technology policy

Comment

• I bet its not..

Comment

• Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                          I bet its not..
                          I bet you're right

Comment

• Does anyone know of a place where you can view upcoming FLETC class schedules,..or is that pretty much a hush hush kinda thing. Seeing as to how they form classes according to geo-pref it'd be kinda cool seeing when your area would be sending people to the academy

Comment

• Originally posted by short_timer View Post
                              Does anyone know of a place where you can view upcoming FLETC class schedules,..or is that pretty much a hush hush kinda thing. Seeing as to how they form classes according to geo-pref it'd be kinda cool seeing when your area would be sending people to the academy
                              If such a place exists its news to me. Normally once youre hired on and are close to leaving for fletc, you'll get a class list that says who's all in your class and what port they are going to. But thats about it. It also says if they are male or female. Also very depressing...

Comment

• Ive seen on Honorfirst.com which shows a basic schedule for Artesia, NM FLETC for BPA. Thats what kinda got my hopes up. I searched around on the net but found nothing else....it would be nice though.Hey, a boy can dream

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4377 users online. 330 members and 4047 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X