Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well after about a year of waiting, 8 months of which for the background, I finally had it completed and then this morning I checked and it changed to this message, which I havent heard of (wordedi n this way) on here before so I thought id share:

Referred to Schedule EOD 3/26/2009 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

Comment

• that means you hit TSU on 3/26/09. i'm not sure how it is for florida.. but for socal applicants it means about a week or 2 before getting the call. for anyone who is interested, i'm not sure if it has been mentioned on these forums yet.. but san ysidro is planning to expand and redo the port. it will be going from 25 lanes to about 60. there's a lot more to the expansion but they said it will start around summertime this year and be complete by 2014 so i'm pretty sure they're gonna be hiring like crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Times...they are a changing...

From the Delphi boards...

B A R G A I N I N G

I N F O R M A T I O N

March 4, 2009

M E M O R A N D U M

TO: CBP Chapter Presidents

RE: Fitness Graduation Standards and Graduation Run Time Revisions

SUMMARY: CBP will be implementing new fitness graduation standards and a new physical training curriculum at FLETC.

CBP has notified NTEU of new fitness graduation standards that new hires will have to meet in order to pass FLETC training. In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards. The physical performance measures that students will have to satisfy are as follows:

· Arm lift;

· Lift/lower;

· Handgrip;

· Trunk Pull;

· Arm Endurance;

· Cargo Lift/Carry;

· Push-Ups;

· Sit-Ups;

· Kneel/Stand;

· 1.5 Mile Run;

· 12” Step Test;

· 14” Step Test;

· 220 Yard Run;

· Illinois Agility Run;

· Pro Agility Run;

· Side Step; and

· Sit and Reach.

I have also provided the training curriculum for those newly hired employees attending FLETC. Please provide any comments or observations you have on the attached materials to xxxxxx vvvvvvvof the NTEU National Office via e-mail at [email protected].

Colleen M. Kelley

National President
        Old news I posted that same thing several pages back ON THIS BOARD.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
          GASP!!!!!!!!!!! ....that new fitness standard is going to kill the females. I thought that physical/fitness test was the last I had seen of that dreaded step test...now there will be two!

I guess I will have to realy step my excercise game up, but on the bright side, I will be looking like a ripped sexy feline when I leave!
          Since I have first hand experience with PT at FLETC, I can honestly say I support the changes. Our current PT is cakewalk for practically everyone in class. I wished we had the changes going through PT.

Comment

• Anyone esle in process for Miami, or in TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Times...they are a changing...

From the Delphi boards...

B A R G A I N I N G

I N F O R M A T I O N

March 4, 2009

M E M O R A N D U M

TO: CBP Chapter Presidents

RE: Fitness Graduation Standards and Graduation Run Time Revisions

SUMMARY: CBP will be implementing new fitness graduation standards and a new physical training curriculum at FLETC.

CBP has notified NTEU of new fitness graduation standards that new hires will have to meet in order to pass FLETC training. In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards. The physical performance measures that students will have to satisfy are as follows:

· Arm lift;

· Lift/lower;

· Handgrip;

· Trunk Pull;

· Arm Endurance;

· Cargo Lift/Carry;

· Push-Ups;

· Sit-Ups;

· Kneel/Stand;

· 1.5 Mile Run;

· 12” Step Test;

· 14” Step Test;

· 220 Yard Run;

· Illinois Agility Run;

· Pro Agility Run;

· Side Step; and

· Sit and Reach.

I have also provided the training curriculum for those newly hired employees attending FLETC. Please provide any comments or observations you have on the attached materials to xxxxxx vvvvvvvof the NTEU National Office via e-mail at [email protected].

Colleen M. Kelley

National President
              When I was in the military we only had push-ups, sit-ups, and run. Whats with all this other stuff? Two step tests? Two agility runs? Does this seem like it's over kill to anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                Well after about a year of waiting, 8 months of which for the background, I finally had it completed and then this morning I checked and it changed to this message, which I havent heard of (wordedi n this way) on here before so I thought id share:

Referred to Schedule EOD 3/26/2009 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.
                Hope next time you log in it doesn't say:
                April Fools!

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post

Mine said the same.
                  Last edited by blessed; 04-01-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                    Anyone esle in process for Miami, or in TSU
                    In Tsu for Mia. Based on this forum I think its quite a few of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                      When I was in the military we only had push-ups, sit-ups, and run. Whats with all this other stuff? Two step tests? Two agility runs? Does this seem like it's over kill to anyone else?
                      What the hell is a trunk pull? Maybe you have to open and close 8 trunks in 30 seconds or less!?

Comment

• I took the Higway patrol test before I went into the military and they had a trunk pull. You stand with a strap attached to you chest and arms and bend forward, the strap is attached to a gage that measures how many pounds of pressure you pulled forward. Not sure if this is the same. It was silly. Everyone passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          Old news I posted that same thing several pages back ON THIS BOARD.

FB

I noticed that afterwards...

Kudos to the Pyro!

Comment

• "In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards."
                            If you are an new hire, these new fitness standards is all you will ever know. But I bet there are some very un happy current CBPo's out there. To any of you current CBPO's, this must be a serious issue? How is the older CBPO generation taking this? Anytime I have seen CBPO's here there were some pretty out of shape officers, any back lash?

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                              "In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards."
                              If you are an new hire, these new fitness standards is all you will ever know. But I bet there are some very un happy current CBPo's out there. To any of you current CBPO's, this must be a serious issue? How is the older CBPO generation taking this? Anytime I have seen CBPO's here there were some pretty out of shape officers, any back lash?
                              Why would current CBPOs be mad? They do not have to complete the requirements again. Most of the ones I've talked to are happy they are finally making some changes. They think it is being done to possibly move towards a LE retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                                Why would current CBPOs be mad? They do not have to complete the requirements again. Most of the ones I've talked to are happy they are finally making some changes. They think it is being done to possibly move towards a LE retirement.
                                "In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards."
                                I thought this meant that current CBPO's have to take the tests also. Maybe I read it wrong. I know other agencies have physical tests every year for their employee's and thought CBP was doing the same. Did I read it wrong?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13353 users online. 521 members and 12832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X