Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday at work I was told by a CBPO that there was going to be a mini-hiring freeze until around 4/6/09 while Secretary Janet Napolitano "reviewed the budget". Today at work I was told that CBP just had aprox 30 people go to the academy for Dulles, which is my POE, and it will probably be a while before I get the call......great hahahaha

Comment

• Dulles has alot of people at fletc now. There is no hiring freeze, but the next announcement does not come out until april 6- 20
      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Times...they are a changing...

From the Delphi boards...

B A R G A I N I N G

I N F O R M A T I O N

March 4, 2009

M E M O R A N D U M

TO: CBP Chapter Presidents

RE: Fitness Graduation Standards and Graduation Run Time Revisions

SUMMARY: CBP will be implementing new fitness graduation standards and a new physical training curriculum at FLETC.

CBP has notified NTEU of new fitness graduation standards that new hires will have to meet in order to pass FLETC training. In addition, CBP will be implemented a new daily training curriculum to assist employees in passing the new physical standards. The physical performance measures that students will have to satisfy are as follows:

· Arm lift;

· Lift/lower;

· Handgrip;

· Trunk Pull;

· Arm Endurance;

· Cargo Lift/Carry;

· Push-Ups;

· Sit-Ups;

· Kneel/Stand;

· 1.5 Mile Run;

· 12” Step Test;

· 14” Step Test;

· 220 Yard Run;

· Illinois Agility Run;

· Pro Agility Run;

· Side Step; and

· Sit and Reach.

I have also provided the training curriculum for those newly hired employees attending FLETC. Please provide any comments or observations you have on the attached materials to xxxxxx vvvvvvvof the NTEU National Office via e-mail at [email protected].

Colleen M. Kelley

National President

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
          Dulles has alot of people at fletc now. There is no hiring freeze, but the next announcement does not come out until april 6- 20
          I don't think hiring freeze was the correct term.....it seemed more like a delay in EOD calls.....which does sound true b/c I haven't heard anyone talking about receiving "the call" in the past couple days, but who knows. qixfeet, what POE are you?

Comment

• GASP!!!!!!!!!!! ....that new fitness standard is going to kill the females. I thought that physical/fitness test was the last I had seen of that dreaded step test...now there will be two!

I guess I will have to realy step my excercise game up, but on the bright side, I will be looking like a ripped sexy feline when I leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
              Yesterday at work I was told by a CBPO that there was going to be a mini-hiring freeze until around 4/6/09 while Secretary Janet Napolitano "reviewed the budget". Today at work I was told that CBP just had aprox 30 people go to the academy for Dulles, which is my POE, and it will probably be a while before I get the call......great hahahaha
              A one week hiring freeze?

Comment

• Originally posted by neflcop View Post
                A one week hiring freeze?
                I didn't mean to say hiring freeze.....I was told they were pretty much delaying calling people for their EOD while they "reviewed the budget"

Comment

• So would these new graduation standards be used right away for us that are going to FLETC soon or for those with graduation dates of October and later as previously posted by others? Just wondering. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by lscislo View Post
                    So would these new graduation standards be used right away for us that are going to FLETC soon or for those with graduation dates of October and later as previously posted by others? Just wondering. Thanks
                    The new standards will not be implemented until October.

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                      GASP!!!!!!!!!!! ....that new fitness standard is going to kill the females. I thought that physical/fitness test was the last I had seen of that dreaded step test...now there will be two!

I guess I will have to realy step my excercise game up, but on the bright side, I will be looking like a ripped sexy feline when I leave!
                      Yeah...the women might have problems. Look at OBP compared to OFO, roughly 5% women compared to roughly 20% of CBPO's.

Still, I don't know what the exact standards are...so who knows?

Comment

• October is a mere 6 months away. If somebody's looking to not get jammed up by the new fitness standards, now is your best time to start working at getting fit.

Comment

• Couch to 5K run plan...good for those who need to start running.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Prebuds fitness program from Honorfirst...get yourself to where you can handle their schedule II training and you should have little problem with the fitness program at FLETC.

http://www.honorfirst.com/prebuds.htm

Comment

• Couch to 10K...another running program.

http://rununiversity.com/couchtok.html

Comment

• nice posts merlin, i'm going to try the prebuds program

Comment

• The prebuds program is what is suggested by many in OBP. Anybody who enters Glynco with the prebuds program more or less under their belt is virtually assured of passing PT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11462 users online. 414 members and 11048 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X