Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madchiken-- I understand your calculations, however in my past experience (though it might not be the same on the civilian federal government side) when the boss sees they can work you more without any extra charge they normally do. The wife routinely works 50 hour weeks and she is salary. the hourly people she supervises are watched like hawks so they don't go over 40 hours. If the boss sees that they can work you an extra 18.5 hours in a pay period you most likely will work the hours.

If I under stand it correctly I'd rather be paid the o/t rate for the 18.5 hours than the straight time that AUO/LEAP are.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• The point you missed is that, except for a very small handful of situations, you can not be ordered to work AUO.

Comment

• AH. Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
          The point you missed is that, except for a very small handful of situations, you can not be ordered to work AUO.
          True, but if you don't work it, you can lose the 25% if I understand correctly. I can tell you this much - those of us in Iraq that were under FLSA/AUO lost out on a lot of money with the exception of travel.

OFO side had Gs 11 step ones making more than a GS 12 PA in Border Patrol doing the same amount of hours work.

Either way, I don't think it will be an issue. COPRA would have to be re-negotiated to implement AUO, and I know the union will fight that.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            You've misunderstood how AUO works. AUO is 25% of your base pay (with locality) for working, on average, 18.5 hours per pay period. Plus flsa...

Auo is the same amount of $$ (25% / 26) if you work zero hours or 48 hours of AUO in a pay period. You only have to average 18.5 when they calculate your AUO every 3-4 months to stay at 25%.

All AUO is used for retirement.

I know how is works, what I'm trying to point out is if you work that amount of time under our current system, you'll make out much better. Under AUO, only a very few would benefit.

Comment

• This is all very interesting but OFO MFO AUO OUA I don’t care.
              IIIII jjjuuuusssstttt want the JJJJJOOOOOBBBB!!!!
              !!!!
              Lol

Go team CBP !!!

No offense intended

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPONE__AZ85 View Post
                This is all very interesting but OFO MFO AUO OUA I don’t care.
                IIIII jjjuuuusssstttt want the JJJJJOOOOOBBBB!!!!
                !!!!
                Lol

Go team CBP !!!

No offense intended
                We hope you get the job. However it's not all about you, this thread is for everyone to educate themselves about the position and understand what is happening with this agency. Not meant as a slight to you, however today's generation is too much about "me" and not enough about "us" if you get my drift. Times are a changing...

Comment

• I have a question. From what I've read and heard, it often takes a while for CBP to get around to sending you your "packet". I took the test back in Sept, got my results, and am now waiting. What is the average time range for them to get the ball rolling on this? Figure, what, 6 months especially since (from what I gather) they're busy hiring people currently?

Comment

• Originally posted by lone_wolf025 View Post
                    I have a question. From what I've read and heard, it often takes a while for CBP to get around to sending you your "packet". I took the test back in Sept, got my results, and am now waiting. What is the average time range for them to get the ball rolling on this? Figure, what, 6 months especially since (from what I gather) they're busy hiring people currently?
                    Depends, ya know? Not everyone one gets a tentative offer. It all depends on what you scored and then what location or port you put down. That is what ultimately gets you an offer of employment.

Comment

• As of now, I'm referred to schedule EOD status. My question is ...anyone know of a "normal" amount of time or is this something that can go on for over a year? I just don't want to hang by the phone, chewing nails...I am keeping everything in check on my side and am preparing... just wondering how long it could take so I can get a mindset for expectations at this point. Thx folks.

Comment

• Thulsa you could be in that mode for 1 day, a month, or more, however you are very close to a call. As many have said before it all depends on where you file is in the pile. I was in scheduling for a couple weeks when I emailed MHC with a change of address. the day after that email I got the call. Good luck.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                          I know how is works, what I'm trying to point out is if you work that amount of time under our current system, you'll make out much better.
                          That's true.

IF one is at a port where he can work the same hours under COPRA, he'll kick butt over someone working under AOU. IF one is at a port where OT is scarce/non-existent, the guy on AUO will be kicking his butt.

Like I said before, I'd love to see the how the numbers work out each way across the country.

Edit: It's more or less a moot argument though...because like you said, much would have to change to allow for AUO and I don't see much support for it coming from either the union or the rank and file.
                          Last edited by merlin436; 02-04-2008, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Depends, ya know? Not everyone one gets a tentative offer. It all depends on what you scored and then what location or port you put down. That is what ultimately gets you an offer of employment.
                            Scored a 92, and put in for a port in "IL" since O'Hare wasn't an option to select. I don't mind waiting, as I've read here that some people have waited over a year and half, but some idea of an update would be nice. Hence my asking.
                            Last edited by lone_wolf025; 02-04-2008, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• CASS just updated me

Awesome, I just got a call for my drug test to be taken this week and found out I passed my VBT test..

Pre-Employment Forms completed
                              Qualifications completed
                              Medical Exam completed
                              Structured Interview completed
                              Drug Screening pending
                              Background Investigation completed
                              Fitness completed

Comment

• Fellow dwelers, wanted to share the good news! I just go the CALL with the final offer....OH HAPPY DAY!....I selected the Nogales POE, AZ with an EOD of 25 Feb and Mar 11 academy start. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, I know what you're going thru.
                                MANGIE2K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9836 users online. 471 members and 9365 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X