X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
    What's a CBP Agent???
    We are considered CBPO= Customs and Border Protection Officer
    Last edited by 1jay1; 03-31-2009, 04:57 PM.
    CBPO-Southwest Border, CA
    Test date 12/07
    EOD: 3/2/09
    FLETC 4/7/09 Class 940

Comment

• I live in Cheektowaga too LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Border Patrol are called agents.
        LOL.... I'm not one to nick pick on this forum, but if you don't know the job title of the position you applied for then that's a shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          Head out bright and early tomorrow morning for FLETC. I got the Verizon wireless broadband card so we'll see how that works. From what I've been hearing it should be packed down there.
          May 28th...I'll see you there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
            LOL.... I'm not one to nick pick on this forum, but if you don't know the job title of the position you applied for then that's a shame!
            Yeah its a commonly confused term. Most people outside the know, believe it to be Customs and Border Patrol, or just call everybody "the border patrol". Everyone's on the same team.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
              Wow 2 years! That sucks. Not to brag, but the whole process for me from application to TSU was just over 3 months. I guess the process does vary by person. I am very thankful for the luck I have had going through the process.

What is your pref. Location Cbpstyle?
              Look below this sentence LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                Look below this sentence LOL
                Wow, Bills fan moving to Dolphin country. That would be like me moving to Green Bay.

Comment

Head out bright and early tomorrow morning for FLETC. I got the Verizon wireless broadband card so we'll see how that works. From what I've been hearing it should be packed down there.
                  Best of luck to you! May 21st I'll be joining you out there.

Last I heard the rooms were only equipped for dial-up connection is that why you got the wireless broadband card? That's something I'll probably have to invest in once I get to the road. Let me know how that works out for you. More importantly let me know how the academy goes!

Comment

• It's almost as crazy as T.O. Playing for the bills

Comment

• cheektowaga

well it makes me feel good to know that Buffalo is pushing people along still... I know that is a high priority area still, so I am hoping that this BI "refresher" doesn't take long. Cheektowaga that's too funny.. I am off of Losson Rd in between Transit and Union...

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                        Best of luck to you! May 21st I'll be joining you out there.

Last I heard the rooms were only equipped for dial-up connection is that why you got the wireless broadband card? That's something I'll probably have to invest in once I get to the road. Let me know how that works out for you. More importantly let me know how the academy goes!
                        Yep, I got it because the rooms aren't wired for it. I don't really know if I'll be in the Taj yet though. I'll try and keep you updated. I believe my group is the first guinea pigs for the new fitness testing.

Comment

• I'm off french LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                            Have any more details on your first day? I EOD April 13. What did they have you doing? What's the attire? Thanks in advance.
                            attire.. slacks (i wear non-wrinkle dockers) and a collared shirt. no need for a tie. you can wear a collared long sleeve or just a collared polo (the kind with just a few buttons up top like a lacoste shirt or something).

day 1.. pretty much all paperwork. direct deposit, beneficiaries, signing paperwork, insurance, health, etc. you get sworn in probably by the assistant port director. you meet a lot of supervisors and just hear what they have to say. after all that.. well.. i ended up putting junk mail in everyone's mail boxes for quite awhile. if you are heading to SYS which i think you are if i remember, then i'll cya soon.

edit: forgot to mention dress shoes. well.. not super formal, but you know what i mean.
                            Last edited by DLA; 03-31-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Yep, I got it because the rooms aren't wired for it. I don't really know if I'll be in the Taj yet though. I'll try and keep you updated. I believe my group is the first guinea pigs for the new fitness testing.
                              new fitness testing? consisting of what? not that i'm worried, i would just like to hear on how it's improving always love a good challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                                new fitness testing? consisting of what? not that i'm worried, i would just like to hear on how it's improving always love a good challenge.
                                There will be new graduation requirements starting in October. They are suppose to be reworking the PT to compliment the new requirements beginning with my class. I can't remember all that they added. I believe the agility run, pushups, sit and reach.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9720 users online. 366 members and 9354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X