300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
    I was talking to CBPO at work today and she told me that Secretary Janet Napolitano put a hold on all hiring for people already in TSU until at least 04/06/09 so she can "review the budget".......anyone else hear this?
    I haven't.

04/06 is only a week away though; just a week of no hiring wouldn't be likely to affect all that many people.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      I haven't.

04/06 is only a week away though; just a week of no hiring wouldn't be likely to affect all that many people.
      True, but knowing how the government works, I can see this backing things up quite a bit......

Comment

• What are the nearest CBP offices to someone living in Temecula, CA? Is it San Diego airport, Ontario airport, San Bernardino airport or some other DHS locations?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

• hey fellow future CBP Agents. im also in the waiting game. I have successfully completed everything as well. all i have left is the drug screening, background and qualifications.

Comment

• hey fellow future CBP Agents. im also in the waiting game. I have successfully completed everything as well. all i have left is the drug screening, background and qualifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
              What are the nearest CBP offices to someone living in Temecula, CA? Is it San Diego airport, Ontario airport, San Bernardino airport or some other DHS locations?

Thanks for any help.
              today was my first day of pre-academy at san ysidro. one of the guys at orientation lives in temecula and commutes down to SYS. there are closer locations.. but just giving you a heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                True, but knowing how the government works, I can see this backing things up quite a bit......
                As I see it, not very likely.

First, this year's classes are already funded and scheduled. Second, nearly everyone headed to FLETC in the next 2 months has already received an EOD date and a FLETC date.

Most likely, we're looking at people who would have gotten the call on 03/30/09 to EOD on 04/27 now getting the call on 04/07 to EOD on 04/27.
                Might it affect some people who can't move quickly over the short term...possibly. Then again, it'll probably actually move up some of the guys/gals that are able to drop everything and move within two weeks or so.

Long-term...probably not much changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                  today was my first day of pre-academy at san ysidro. one of the guys at orientation lives in temecula and commutes down to SYS. there are closer locations.. but just giving you a heads up.
                  Have any more details on your first day? I EOD April 13. What did they have you doing? What's the attire? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• department of homeland security efficiency review launch

Third category, employee vetting and credentialing: Within the next 60 days, we're going to develop a process for obtaining preliminary security background data for candidates referred for final consideration in the hiring process. Now, as we know, every DHS employee must undergo a background check. However, too often we have discovered these checks are conducted on people who have clear disqualifying factors that will prevent them from being hired. Nonetheless, the hiring process continues, and it wastes money, up to $5,500 per background check for a top secret clearance. And by the way, it also creates unnecessary backlogs. In the future, we are going to make it easier to identify potential disqualifying factors early on in the process. This will reduce the number of overall background checks and the time it takes to bring cleared personnel on board.

this is part of the speech that particularly affects applicants
                    Last edited by when; 03-31-2009, 12:39 PM. Reason: highlight

Comment

• additional

Next, on-boarding, on-boarding new employees: Within the next 120 days, we will also initiate a process to improve new employee orientation and annual mandatory training. Now, to be sure, orientation and training are a critical part of maintaining and expanding professionalism within the department. But right now there's too much duplication and not enough consistency from one agency to the next. We want to streamline this process for new employees, and for all employees, actually. To this end, we are going to consolidate our new employee orientations and our annual mandatory training modules. This will eliminate duplicate course offerings and standardize the content of our orientation and mandatory training curriculum.

Comment

• I didn't see anything about hiring freeze so hopefuly that is just an unsubstantiated rumour.

source : http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1238438720510.shtm

Comment

• CASS has changed...u now have to input your application ID??? when was this?

Comment

• Originally posted by miafbplaya View Post
                            hey fellow future CBP Agents. im also in the waiting game. I have successfully completed everything as well. all i have left is the drug screening, background and qualifications.
                            What's a CBP Agent???

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                              What's a CBP Agent???
                              Border Patrol are called agents.

Comment

• I'M SOOOO SICK OF SEEING "PENDING" ON CASS!!!!!! It's driving me NUTS! Well, I want to thank you guys that have been on here forever for giving great info. and letting people know that they aren't alone out there! Keep on keeping on!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17358 users online. 497 members and 16861 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X