300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    Relax, unless you walked into it drooling on yourself or told them you were from the future assume you passed.
    http://18to88.com/Articles/mock2008p...nB.6.14.06.jpg
    ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
    Written: 5/15/08
    NOR: 5/20/08
    TO: 10/28/08
    Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
    Fitness: 2/02/09
    BI: 3/15/09
    OB: 4/24
    EOD: 7/27
    FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
    Written: 3/15/08
    NOR: 4/2/08
    TO: 5/22/08
    Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
    Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
    VBT: 6/30/08
    Drug Test: 7/10/08
    Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
    Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
    BI submitted: 10/10/08
    TSU: 4/2/09
    Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
    EOD:

Comment

• How does Customs look at bankruptcies...do they see it as trying to do what you can to take care of your debts or do they see it as the easy way out and your not responsible enough, i was talking to a credit counselor today about some of my debt and i am currently paying off my student loans, so i dont really have anything left to pay all the little credit mistakes ive made in the past...yes i know its not very responsible of me but i didnt think my credit was that bad till i saw my credit report recently..anywasy the credit counselor suggested that i keep paying the student loans and file bankruptcy for the other debt that i have, so im kind of stuck at what i should do

Comment

• Does anyone out there know what happens if you BI is in the security office and you reapply. I know my test scores,med,fit and VBT will transfer over once I get a new TO but will they scrap my BI and make me start over or will they just put it on hold till I do get a new TO. Any chance that they will just continue it uninterrupted? Does anyone have a # I can call to get info on my BI? I tried MHC but they could not give me any info on it. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
          Does anyone out there know what happens if you BI is in the security office and you reapply. I know my test scores,med,fit and VBT will transfer over once I get a new TO but will they scrap my BI and make me start over or will they just put it on hold till I do get a new TO. Any chance that they will just continue it uninterrupted? Does anyone have a # I can call to get info on my BI? I tried MHC but they could not give me any info on it. Thanks.
          AGAIN!....
          Re-apply... everything will go on as usual, it's like having two applications going at once, once you receive your new TO everything transfers automatically.... THAT'S IT!.... You only need to hope that you don't get the call before you get your new TO, and for those thinking that re-applying will make the process go any faster, it won't!... all it is you're doing is changing your GEO pref. everything else keeps moving along as it was, whatever was in the process keeps processing at the same rate...

BTW
          Do Not by any means DECLINE your current offer!... If you do then anything that was being processed, and not finished (like your BI), will be tossed and will have to start a new one once you get a new TO!...
          Last edited by yoda; 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
            Question for people who have gotten a nopa and then cleared background.

I submitted my response to my nopa 3 months ago. I got a call from my adjudicator today. It seems that she is just now beginning the process. She told me that due to my issue for my nopa that if I do not clear background it will show me unsuitable and I will not be able to apply for any other jobs. She gave me the option to withdraw now if I wanted. I said no and to proceed.

Has anyone else received a similar call giving them the option to withdraw? I just wanted to know if this was procedure, or if she was calling me to give me the heads up that it is doubtful that I won't clear.
            Not sure if you already withdrew but I don't think that mary J 9 years ago is enough to get thrown out of process. I would stick with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
              Not sure if you already withdrew but I don't think that mary J 9 years ago is enough to get thrown out of process. I would stick with it.
              If you get a NOPA for it, and a few months later your Adjudicator calls you and asks if you rather withdraw your Application... Then yes!... You should if you still want to pursue a career in FLE in the future.
              Most adjudicators will give you a call and ask you to withdraw your application when there is something that will disqualify a candidate... I rather have that than being deprived of a future chance at the agency by being found unsuitable.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                If you get a NOPA for it, and a few months later your Adjudicator calls you and asks if you rather withdraw your Application... Then yes!... You should if you still want to pursue a career in FLE in the future.
                Most adjudicators will give you a call and ask you to withdraw your application when there is something that will disqualify a candidate... I rather have that than being deprived of a future chance at the agency by being found unsuitable.
                /co-sign
                ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                Written: 5/15/08
                NOR: 5/20/08
                TO: 10/28/08
                Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                Fitness: 2/02/09
                BI: 3/15/09
                OB: 4/24
                EOD: 7/27
                FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                Written: 3/15/08
                NOR: 4/2/08
                TO: 5/22/08
                Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                VBT: 6/30/08
                Drug Test: 7/10/08
                Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                BI submitted: 10/10/08
                TSU: 4/2/09
                Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                  What's the deal with the open period on April 6th? Are people excited b/c it's nation wide or what? Does that mean you will get whatever POE you want? HELP ME MERLIN, YODA, BARNJ, OR EVEN BABY JEBUS!!!!!! LOL
                  I seriously doubt that it means that new applicants will get whatever port they want. I've never seen an announcement that offered a person any port they wanted.

Most likely it'll work as it has in the past; they'll offer up openings based on geographical areas. That may mean one port, as in Nebraska...that may mean 20+ ports...as in Montana. Then, once an applicant has run the gauntlet of pre-hiring...they'll offer him one or more of the ports in his chosen geographical area.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                    Experimental MJ use 9 years back is probably not enough to get one removed...but 40+ times??? That might.

I'd take the adjudicator's advice on that one.

Comment

• Just had my Medical/Physical today. Had the VBT last wednesday. All went well. I had a couple OJI's 3 years ago, but the doc just wrote that I had no residual effects from them. My hearing test found one frequency that I got a 30 on. I don't know how the scoring works, but most of the other numbers were all low. Hopefully this won't hold me up.

Things are moving nicely. Not bad since I just got the TO on the 10th. Hopefully the BI gets started soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jckndab0x View Post
                        How does Customs look at bankruptcies...do they see it as trying to do what you can to take care of your debts or do they see it as the easy way out and your not responsible enough, i was talking to a credit counselor today about some of my debt and i am currently paying off my student loans, so i dont really have anything left to pay all the little credit mistakes ive made in the past...yes i know its not very responsible of me but i didnt think my credit was that bad till i saw my credit report recently..anywasy the credit counselor suggested that i keep paying the student loans and file bankruptcy for the other debt that i have, so im kind of stuck at what i should do
                        A bankruptcy is irrelevant. The only thing CBP will take into consideration is your reasons for filing and your actions leading to the filing. Federal law protects people filing for bankruptcy from adverse employment actions.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Fellow WA applicants, one of the investigators workin out of AZ (cuz I used to live there) called me up today for some info so it appears my BI has begun.
                          Test: 12/8/08
                          EOD: June 22, 2009
                          Class 960
                          FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
                            Fellow WA applicants, one of the investigators workin out of AZ (cuz I used to live there) called me up today for some info so it appears my BI has begun.
                            This is great news....hope I'm right behind you!

Good luck!
                            Test Date: 12/8/08
                            NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                            TO: 1/30/09-Received
                            Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                            VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                            Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                            Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                            Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                            Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                            BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• I was talking to CBPO at work today and she told me that Secretary Janet Napolitano put a hold on all hiring for people already in TSU until at least 04/06/09 so she can "review the budget".......anyone else hear this?

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                                I was talking to CBPO at work today and she told me that Secretary Janet Napolitano put a hold on all hiring for people already in TSU until at least 04/06/09 so she can "review the budget".......anyone else hear this?
                                i hope this is not true.....anyone got "the call" today???
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/18/08
                                NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                                TO: 09/23/08
                                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                                Medical: Completed 12/08
                                Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                                Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                                VBT: Completed 11/08
                                BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                                Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                                3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13245 users online. 373 members and 12872 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X