Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by r_dej View Post
    And customs aren't cops, are we on the same subject?

    We aren't?

    Somebody ought to tell the thousands of people we've hooked up for drug possession that.

    Comment


    • Just goes to show...if you're a pot smoking nitwit...run for Congress/President. People will elect just about any fool.

      LEO's are held to a higher standard.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jckndab0x View Post
        Yeah i agree you can't exactly judge someone who decided they wanted to try something once, that is up to the people who make the decision, our own president said legalizing pot would add strength to our economy and thats top of the government food chain, not only that this is the second president to be pro marijuana or marihunana however you want to spell it. So to sit and tell someone they probably dont have a chance because they are an adult and smoked weed is totally bogus...because there are people that did a whole lot worse and got into a government postion, and they do a hell of alot more responsibility than just watching the border.
        There are so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

        But I will say that right now, today, as it was in February, Marijuana is a Schedule 1 controlled substance under the CSA of 1969.

        One's personal opinion on mary jane is meaningless when talking about using a Schedule 1 then within a couple of months trying to become an LEO who enforces said schedule.

        See highlighted part: How many of them stop terrorists, make arrests, seize drugs, carry guns and generally protect Americans? Great attitude to carry into this job, good luck with all that.

        Plus, and give this one a whirl if you want, but show me one federal/local LE organization (with powers of arrest, not DOC's) that will hire someone who just recently decided to break federal law and smoke dope.

        And I'm done ranting, back to you future CBPO's, bring on the ?'s.
        Last edited by robeans; 03-28-2009, 08:51 PM.

        Comment


        • There's a chance of getting in after smoking dope.

          The key is being honest.

          Make certain you disclose it, and be sure to let the hiring center know just how minor a slip-up you think it to be.

          Truthfulness might get you in, but getting caught lying most certainly will get you disqualified.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by r_dej View Post
            I'm gonna stop writing now though, cause this is clogging the forum up and arguing on the internet isn't cool.
            "It's like special olympics, doesn't matter who wins your still all retarded"

            Comment


            • Hey RDEJ

              You might want to quit while you are ahead. Robeans, Merlin and everyone else here are just shaking our heads wondering why someone would post what you did.

              In fact, in your first post, you state that your cousin works for the agency. Dang, he must want to hurt you too if he read any of the crap you posted.

              Grow up, take a deep look at your life and think before you take your next action because it will effect your life.

              I wonder if someone who knows that you are thinking of applying for CBP and may know that you are posting reads what you have done and knows you are still in the military what action they may take for your stupid act.

              Think!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by r_dej View Post
                Nah, I got out November, waiting for next classes to start up and I'll be doing that with the GI bill. And no, I'm not trying to legitamize my use nor do I need a link. I'm not ignorant to any realities of the world. I'm just saying not everyone that's done drugs has no responsibility and horrible judgement like you're implying. Stop exagerrating, calm down. Trying weed, applying for federal job, bad, I get it, guy. Anyway, I don't plan on trying again, it was right in front of me so I was curious. And no, that's not supposed to lessen the impact either before you say that again. But yeah, doesn't cost anything for me to do the whole Customs process so I'll just go for the application and see how it turns out. If it actually does pass through (I won't be counting on it so I won't be a cassaholic, but if I ever do get an update) I'll let you guys know how it went.

                Where did doing E come from? And customs aren't cops, are we on the same subject? (I'm aware you can't start sentences with 'and' or 'but', teehee)

                I'm gonna stop writing now though, cause this is clogging the forum up and arguing on the internet isn't cool.
                Early initiation of drug use is one of the best indicators of future drug abuse and dependence. One study reports that in 2003, 13.3% of users who began taking drugs before age 14 reported dependence, compared to only 2.2% who began after the age of 18. Data gathered from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth reveal that 35% of persons who used cocaine and 23.5% who smoked marijuana before age 12 became heavy cocaine users. Of those who did not use cocaine or smoke marijuana before age 12, only 5.9% and 5%, respectively, became heavy cocaine users later in life. 5

                Individuals whose drug use started before high school (age 14 or younger) are atypical and are more vulnerable to drug problems later in life than those who started using drugs in high school or college. Initiation of drug use between age 15 and 18 is common and is not indicative. Drug use usually peaks during the senior year in high school or in college (age 17 to 23). Continuation of peak usage after this period suggests possible future problems. Initiation of drug use later in life is quite unusual and suggests a possibility of future problems. 6

                Increased maturity and lifestyle changes that usually accompany employment, marriage, or the birth of children often lead to reduction or cessation of drug use. Continuation of the same social environment in which past drug use occurred suggests that use may continue."

                Comment


                • r dej, you should read up on this:http://www.rjhresearch.com/ADR/index.htm

                  That tells you what kind of person you need to be in order to pass the background check

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                    Early initiation of drug use is one of the best indicators of future drug abuse and dependence. One study reports that in 2003, 13.3% of users who began taking drugs before age 14 reported dependence, compared to only 2.2% who began after the age of 18. Data gathered from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth reveal that 35% of persons who used cocaine and 23.5% who smoked marijuana before age 12 became heavy cocaine users. Of those who did not use cocaine or smoke marijuana before age 12, only 5.9% and 5%, respectively, became heavy cocaine users later in life. 5

                    Individuals whose drug use started before high school (age 14 or younger) are atypical and are more vulnerable to drug problems later in life than those who started using drugs in high school or college. Initiation of drug use between age 15 and 18 is common and is not indicative. Drug use usually peaks during the senior year in high school or in college (age 17 to 23). Continuation of peak usage after this period suggests possible future problems. Initiation of drug use later in life is quite unusual and suggests a possibility of future problems. 6

                    Increased maturity and lifestyle changes that usually accompany employment, marriage, or the birth of children often lead to reduction or cessation of drug use. Continuation of the same social environment in which past drug use occurred suggests that use may continue."
                    Dang, I was just flapping my gums, but you came with real knowledge, nice post.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by robeans View Post
                      Dang, I was just flapping my gums, but you came with real knowledge, nice post.
                      Thanks.......these are the guidelines that adjudicators use in order to determine whether a person is eligible or not for a security clearance......

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jckndab0x View Post
                        Yeah i agree you can't exactly judge someone who decided they wanted to try something once, that is up to the people who make the decision, our own president said legalizing pot would add strength to our economy and thats top of the government food chain, not only that this is the second president to be pro marijuana or marihunana however you want to spell it. So to sit and tell someone they probably dont have a chance because they are an adult and smoked weed is totally bogus...because there are people that did a whole lot worse and got into a government postion, and they do a hell of alot more responsibility than just watching the border.
                        People that have done a lot worse, such as our president (and previous presidents), get ELECTED into these positions. It is a whole other ball game to get hired into a government position rather than elected. If our president was not a politician, he probably couldn't even pass a TS background investigation. You are right, you can get hired even if you have used drugs in your adult life, but you would have to be clean for a lot longer than a few months. If you used drugs as an adult, they usually look for at least 5 years, but prefer 7-10 years from your last use. Any less of a time frame, they consider you to be a risk for future problems.

                        Comment


                        • "it was right in front of me so I was curious."

                          Sound familiar? Wall of shame???

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                            Got the call today! Chose San Ysidro with an EOD of 4/13/09. Congrats to everyone else who got the call today!
                            What does your timeline look like?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Did you ever get the results of your VBT?
                              Not yet my man, I am still waiting. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear something. Hopefully I passed with God's help.
                              CBPO
                              Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                              Location:---------- NYC/JFK
                              TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                              Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                              Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                              VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                              Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                              BI:---------------- Pending....
                              Quals:------------- Pending....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                                People that have done a lot worse, such as our president (and previous presidents), get ELECTED into these positions. It is a whole other ball game to get hired into a government position rather than elected. If our president was not a politician, he probably couldn't even pass a TS background investigation.
                                It seems to me that everyone seems to forget that our previous president was an alcoholic and had a cocaine addiction at some point in his life. Like he would pass a BI!!! LOL As far as I know Obama never had those issues.
                                5 weeks in TSU.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7694 users online. 167 members and 7527 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X