300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    I think the scientific term is "Latin Lettuce".
    hhaha latin lettuce thats hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
      hhaha latin lettuce thats hilarious
      Im glad somebody thinks im funny! This forum needs more laughs and good news, instead of all the arguing and bad news. Of course its hard to keep a positive attitude sometimes with this process.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
        The number/e-mail is in the NOR letter they send you after you take the test. If I find it, I will post it here.
        Did you ever get the results of your VBT?

Comment

• After getting past a tough NOPA my background finally cleared and im green across the board, but I had a couple questions maybe someone can field.

1. Anyone waiting like myself for Miami Seaport? Estimated wait time?

2. My entire application process took 11 months from test to this point. Should I be watching for any of the tests to expire? I believe its been about 7 months since my medical

3. When I am called to report, how much time is there between getting that call and actually reporting to the port? I ask this because I am out of town and want to be settled well before I need to go to port.

-Also on an unrelated note, Barnaj im trying to figure out what your status is? I read you've been to FLETC before but are currently waiting for your BI clear to go back? I am assuming you are already employed by CBP or another agency in some fashion.. just curious

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
            After getting past a tough NOPA my background finally cleared and im green across the board, but I had a couple questions maybe someone can field.

1. Anyone waiting like myself for Miami Seaport? Estimated wait time?

2. My entire application process took 11 months from test to this point. Should I be watching for any of the tests to expire? I believe its been about 7 months since my medical

3. When I am called to report, how much time is there between getting that call and actually reporting to the port? I ask this because I am out of town and want to be settled well before I need to go to port.

-Also on an unrelated note, Barnaj im trying to figure out what your status is? I read you've been to FLETC before but are currently waiting for your BI clear to go back? I am assuming you are already employed by CBP or another agency in some fashion.. just curious
            Yeah i went through CBP training at fletc in '07. I resigned, and decided last summer i wanted to get back in. I was cleared for everything and then my BI went back to pending due to a typo, they cleared me on cass by mistake i guess. So im back to waiting for that to clear. May i ask what your NOPA was for and how long youve been in the process?
            EDIT: I see youve been in process for 11 months, how long for you BI? You get about 2-3 weeks notcie before you EOD. Yeah, you med and fitness are subject to expiration.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Yeah i went through CBP training at fletc in '07. I resigned, and decided last summer i wanted to get back in. I was cleared for everything and then my BI went back to pending due to a typo, they cleared me on cass by mistake i guess. So im back to waiting for that to clear. May i ask what your NOPA was for and how long youve been in the process?
              EDIT: I see youve been in process for 11 months, how long for you BI? You get about 2-3 weeks notcie before you EOD. Yeah, you med and fitness are subject to expiration.
              Hey - my wife is not a US citizen yet and they had some questions about her and I had some credit issues. MY BI took about 8 months, but I only got a NOPA after called to check in on it, else I would still be waiting most likely.

Comment

• I just got done watching Cocaine Cowboys, its an interesting documentary on their delivery methods and why they did it the way they did, thanks for letting me know about the movie...i dont remember who it was , but thanks

Comment

• Hey, what's going on. I'm getting ready for the Miami area, my cousin works here and said after getting out of the Army I should try it out. Apparently there was an announcement in February or something and I missed it. But so on April 6th (which I'm sure is coming now thanks very muchly to Merlin, no matter how condescending he seems to be), I'm trying to learn some spanish and go back to the books on how to divide fractions (so long ago... I still remember multplying tho haha).

What I'm worried about is the background if I ever do get one. I'm really not a party type. The only times I ever really drank was my last birthday and after getting back from Iraq. I just don't do the whole club scene. And before I had never done drugs, but in February I tried it cause I was curious to see what the whole hype was. To be honest it was lame and boring, but that's a whole different topic. What I'm wondering is, will that one time of doing weed stop me from getting hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by r_dej View Post
                    Hey, what's going on. I'm getting ready for the Miami area, my cousin works here and said after getting out of the Army I should try it out. Apparently there was an announcement in February or something and I missed it. But so on April 6th (which I'm sure is coming now thanks very muchly to Merlin, no matter how condescending he seems to be), I'm trying to learn some spanish and go back to the books on how to divide fractions (so long ago... I still remember multplying tho haha).

What I'm worried about is the background if I ever do get one. I'm really not a party type. The only times I ever really drank was my last birthday and after getting back from Iraq. I just don't do the whole club scene. And before I had never done drugs, but in February I tried it cause I was curious to see what the whole hype was. To be honest it was lame and boring, but that's a whole different topic. What I'm wondering is, will that one time of doing weed stop me from getting hired?
                    Using within a couple months of applying is going to affect you.

Comment

Hey, what's going on. I'm getting ready for the Miami area, my cousin works here and said after getting out of the Army I should try it out. Apparently there was an announcement in February or something and I missed it. But so on April 6th (which I'm sure is coming now thanks very muchly to Merlin, no matter how condescending he seems to be), I'm trying to learn some spanish and go back to the books on how to divide fractions (so long ago... I still remember multplying tho haha).

So prior to February did you contemplate being a law enforcement officer?

Either way your not going to get hired by any LE agency in the US, period. If you used 15 years ago, then served in the US military honorably and showed your a responsible adult, then it would be different.

But by you using an illegal drug last month, as an adult, you've shown you horrible judgment and no responsibility, two of the most important things a person must have in LE.

I'm not trying to be a d*&^ but it's just the truth. Good luck out there.

Comment

• Wow, horrible judgement and no responsibility for trying something once? You make me sound like a fiending addict. I'm sure you're the type that doesn't think brain surgeons and celebrity lawyers snort endless lines of cocaine. I guess I shouldn't bother though, thanks for showing me what my company would be like if I did go. Thought the holier-than-thou attitude was only in the military.
                        Last edited by r_dej; 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: Forgot R in brain, teehee

Comment

Wow, horrible judgement and no responsibility for trying something once? You make me sound like a fiending addict. I'm sure you're the type that doesn't think brain surgeons and celebrity lawyers snort endless lines of cocaine. I guess I shouldn't bother though, thanks for showing me what my company would be like if I did go. Thought the holier-than-thou attitude was only in the military.
                          They are simply stating the truth about the process... You will not clear your BI because of your USE right before applying, simple as that. FLE requires you to be clean of any drugs for 5 to 10 years prior to applying, no matter how honorably you may have served your country in the military, to which I extend you my deepest gratitude!... It would be up to you if you want to try and go through the application process and disclose your 1 time use on your SF-86, just remember that if found out that you lied on it you will be DQ'd from the process...
                          Good Luck to you, and once again thank you for your service!

BTW
                          I have no clue as to what DRUG you used, but if it was anything stronger than POT you are out of luck with every LE Department in the country that I know of.
                          Last edited by yoda; 03-28-2009, 06:38 PM.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Wow, horrible judgement and no responsibility for trying something once? You make me sound like a fiending addict. I'm sure you're the type that doesn't think brain surgeons and celebrity lawyers snort endless lines of cocaine. I guess I shouldn't bother though, thanks for showing me what my company would be like if I did go. Thought the holier-than-thou attitude was only in the military.
                            So let me get this straight, you did drugs last month, now your talking about becoming an LEO this month? Don't get me wrong, I did some stupid crap when I was 17/18, but not last month. It's a huge liability to have someone who still thinks it's OK to experiment with drugs arresting people for drugs or seizing massive drug shipments. And by the way, drug use is not a victimless crime, see the below article as evidence.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/20/bor...led/index.html

You have soft, thin skin, so no this line of work isn't for you. If you want someone to coddle you and tell you doing E and becoming a cop in the same year is OK, then go hang out in the High Times forums.

I suggest you apply to every LE agency you can, and everyone will deny the crap out of you. Then you will see how bad you screwed up.

Good luck.

Edit to add: The highlighted part shows two things. 1. You don't know me. 2. You are trying to legitimize your drug use and not accept the fact you did something wrong.

Edit # Dos: I just reread your first post for hah hahs and noticed something. You said your still in the Army? So you did drugs while in the Army? Just clarifying.

Edit # Tres: 500 posts, whoooot.
                            Last edited by robeans; 03-28-2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Nah, I got out November, waiting for next classes to start up and I'll be doing that with the GI bill. And no, I'm not trying to legitamize my use nor do I need a link. I'm not ignorant to any realities of the world. I'm just saying not everyone that's done drugs has no responsibility and horrible judgement like you're implying. Stop exagerrating, calm down. Trying weed, applying for federal job, bad, I get it, guy. Anyway, I don't plan on trying again, it was right in front of me so I was curious. And no, that's not supposed to lessen the impact either before you say that again. But yeah, doesn't cost anything for me to do the whole Customs process so I'll just go for the application and see how it turns out. If it actually does pass through (I won't be counting on it so I won't be a cassaholic, but if I ever do get an update) I'll let you guys know how it went.

Where did doing E come from? And customs aren't cops, are we on the same subject? (I'm aware you can't start sentences with 'and' or 'but', teehee)

I'm gonna stop writing now though, cause this is clogging the forum up and arguing on the internet isn't cool.
                              Last edited by r_dej; 03-28-2009, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Yeah i agree you can't exactly judge someone who decided they wanted to try something once, that is up to the people who make the decision, our own president said legalizing pot would add strength to our economy and thats top of the government food chain, not only that this is the second president to be pro marijuana or marihunana however you want to spell it. So to sit and tell someone they probably dont have a chance because they are an adult and smoked weed is totally bogus...because there are people that did a whole lot worse and got into a government postion, and they do a hell of alot more responsibility than just watching the border.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9320 users online. 524 members and 8796 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X