Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
    5hole,

Man, how'd you get to meet with your BI already?? Jealous. Haha. Im waiting for BI and the medical to clear. ANyway, I dont know if you've ever been to the Sumas port but its really country, farm-ish, ya kno? If I remember correctly, the air smells like manure all day long. Small port, I think there was about 2-3 lanes. Im sure you can check it out by lookin at the border wait time cameras. If you're curious about the port, just call em up. I called up and talked to an agent at Pt. Roberts and he was very helpful.

mlrtme, still no update from me, still waiting. Im DYIN to meet with the BI.
    We were all practically on the same time frame except I got lucky with the BI. Couldn't tell you why me, but I'll take it. I don't know if Pt. Roberts will be offered, but if it was that would be a crazy place to live. I wouldn't expect too much illegal activity over there. Thanks for the help with Sumas, I will try to avoid the aroma.
    Written: 12/9
    NOR: 12/12 (94)
    TO: 1/29
    VBT: 2/26 completed
    Medical: 4/27 completed
    Fitness: 3/2 completed
    Drug: 3/12 completed
    BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
    Quals: completed on 3/19
    The Call: 4/27
    EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
    FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
      We were all practically on the same time frame except I got lucky with the BI. Couldn't tell you why me, but I'll take it. I don't know if Pt. Roberts will be offered, but if it was that would be a crazy place to live. I wouldn't expect too much illegal activity over there. Thanks for the help with Sumas, I will try to avoid the aroma.
      Yeah, Pt. Roberts is more about Canadians shipping their ebay stuff and gettin gas on the U.S. side. I was told its pretty slow and Blaine is a "zoo".
      Test: 12/8/08
      EOD: June 22, 2009
      Class 960
      FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
        Mirtme,
        When did you find out your last few things were completed? I am still waiting to hear about my medical.

Also, does anyone on this forum know what it is like to work at Sumas, WA? All I ever hear about is Blaine, WA. Thanks.
        5hole,

Well my medical cleared last week and my drug test cleared yesterday. I lived in Bellingham for 5 years and have been thru several of Washington's northern ports. I have a friend that works at Sumas and he says it's steady, but Blaine is by far more busy. Sumas currently has overtime, but as they hire all these new guys, not sure if this will continue. If anyone has more questions about these ports feel free to PM me!
        Test Date: 12/8/08
        NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
        TO: 1/30/09-Received
        Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
        VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
        Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
        Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
        Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
        Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
        BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
          Has anyone who selected Sault Ste. Marie know exactly when pre-academy ends up there? I know we have to report to FLETC on May 21.
          Not exactly sure what you mean but you'll be in pre-academy from the day you EOD to the day you start at FLETC. You'll have about 10 working days of filling out forms and doing pre-academy online courses and videos. A lot of us blasted through this part and finished early only to spend the balance of the time doing "other duties as assigned". Among the favorites here are washing, waxing, and detailing the vehicles and keeping the break room clean/coffee on, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draven27 View Post
            5hole,

Man, how'd you get to meet with your BI already?? Jealous. Haha. Im waiting for BI and the medical to clear. ANyway, I dont know if you've ever been to the Sumas port but its really country, farm-ish, ya kno? If I remember correctly, the air smells like manure all day long. Small port, I think there was about 2-3 lanes. Im sure you can check it out by lookin at the border wait time cameras. If you're curious about the port, just call em up. I called up and talked to an agent at Pt. Roberts and he was very helpful.

mlrtme, still no update from me, still waiting. Im DYIN to meet with the BI.
            I would love to meet with the BI also! It seems like things have been cruising by for us Washington people as I'm done with all the rest of the steps.....from the looks of it 5hole, you, and me are all in the same group. Maybe we will be sent off to Georgia together A part of me would like to see my BI clear with temp clearance, but the last thing I would want to happen is get pulled out of the class due to something in my background. Not that I think there is anything in there that would be an issue!
            Test Date: 12/8/08
            NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
            TO: 1/30/09-Received
            Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
            VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
            Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
            Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
            Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
            Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
            BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              How old are you and how much marihauna have you smoked?

9 years of being drug-free is generally more than enough time to beat a marihuana NOPA for a person who used casually. Now if you were habitual user and you used regularly as an adult...that'll be a different story.

Still, if I were you...and I was substantially under the age of 37...I'd wait until 10 years have passed. You only gain a year extra of employment by winning your NOPA, you lose considerably if you're found unsuitable.
              Merlin its spelled M-A-R-I-J-U-A-N-A not M-A-R-I-H-U-A-N-A. I just seized 100 lbs of it this morning =) and watch 6 other officers seize the same amount. After quoting your post the way you spelled it is underlined in read leading me to believe its misspelled.
              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• From dictionary.com:

ma⋅ri⋅jua⋅na   /ˌmærəˈwɑnə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mar-uh-wah-nuh] Show IPA
                –noun 1. hemp (def. 1).
                2. the dried leaves and female flowers of the hemp plant, used in cigarette form as a narcotic or hallucinogen.

Also, maâ‹…riâ‹…huaâ‹…na.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
                1890–95, Americanism; < MexSp marihuana, mariguana; traditional assoc. with the personal name MarÃ*a Juana is prob. a folk etym.

Comment

• Originally posted by stmichael View Post
                  From dictionary.com:

ma⋅ri⋅jua⋅na   /ˌmærəˈwɑnə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mar-uh-wah-nuh] Show IPA
                  –noun 1. hemp (def. 1).
                  2. the dried leaves and female flowers of the hemp plant, used in cigarette form as a narcotic or hallucinogen.

Also, maâ‹…riâ‹…huaâ‹…na.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
                  1890–95, Americanism; < MexSp marihuana, mariguana; traditional assoc. with the personal name Mar�*a Juana is prob. a folk etym.
                  I havent seen anyone spell it with an H in TECs lol

Comment

• Seriously, does it matter how's it spelled. For a second I thought I was on the honorfirst site.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• No I just like talking to the Almighty Merlin lol..Good Luck to you though TPA3312 hope you get hired brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                        Merlin its spelled M-A-R-I-J-U-A-N-A not M-A-R-I-H-U-A-N-A. I just seized 100 lbs of it this morning =) and watch 6 other officers seize the same amount. After quoting your post the way you spelled it is underlined in read leading me to believe its misspelled.
                        The J key is next to the H.

But I think you mean R-E-D not R-E-A-D.

Comment

No I just like talking to the Almighty Merlin lol..Good Luck to you though TPA3312 hope you get hired brother.
                          Thanks ExSDSO. Everything is done, even my clearance. Now it's just when.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

As has been pointed out, marihuana is an acceptable alternative spelling of the word.

"Almighty" Merlin would also like to add...this is yet another fine example where a quick and easy Google search would have settled that issue, saving us all time and board space.

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
                              Not "if" but "when" you clear they will be there waiting for you. Think it, say it and so shall it be....... Just remember me when I return in 2 years.
                              Thanks old boy, I like your positive attitude. I wish i could be such an optimist. You can see by my process why i never get excited until i know for sure that something is going to work out. Like I said, im hoping that it is divine intervention that an unusual mistake would lead to my eventually getting PH or the D instead of having to decide on whether to try and make moving to the SOO work or having to remove my name from the hat. Maybe next week will bring good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                As has been pointed out, marihuana is an acceptable alternative spelling of the word.

"Almighty" Merlin would also like to add...this is yet another fine example where a quick and easy Google search would have settled that issue, saving us all time and board space.
                                I think the scientific term is "Latin Lettuce".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6846 users online. 162 members and 6684 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X