Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone who selected Sault Ste. Marie know exactly when pre-academy ends up there? I know we have to report to FLETC on May 21.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
      Also got a question for everyone here, how did you all go about telling your boss's about leaving?
      You know, I was just honest and up front with him. (I know the situation is different for everyone). I think he appreciated my honesty. The key thing though when talking to my boss was letting him know that even though I was applying for CBP, my performance or commitment to my current position would not take a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Well guys, regarding my BI going back from completed to pending, MHC emailed me saying that:

It appears that the ‘cleared’ code was entered erroneously. If you have questions, I would recommend contacting staffing as they’re the ones that work with Internal Affairs and the background investigations.

Now im sure it's rare and OF COURSE it happens to me, but as ive been saying forever, dont ever completely trust CASS!
        Good luck.... Now you will get cleared in less than a month and all POE's will available to you. As I freeze my butt off. Again good luck and hang in there....

Comment

Still didnt answer my question lol. What did you say to your boss.
          When mentioning this to your boss, I feel the best method is an honest one. Letting him know this is a great opportunity to get into a career that you feel will make you happy. Any boss should be supportive of someone trying to advance their career, even if that means he/she will be losing a great employee. Let them know that your current job performance and attitude will not suffer during this process and things should go fairly smoothly with your boss. Good Luck!!!
          Test Date: 12/8/08
          NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
          TO: 1/30/09-Received
          Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
          VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
          Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
          Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
          Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
          Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
          BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
            Good luck.... Now you will get cleared in less than a month and all POE's will available to you. As I freeze my butt off. Again good luck and hang in there....
            Yeah, well im very pessimistic by nature, you can see why! But, im trying to think positive that maybe if/when i clear the other POE's will be available.

Comment

Still didnt answer my question lol. What did you say to your boss.
              Make sure you also let your boss know how long the process takes so he/she doesn't think you would be leaving in a week or two. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I have read the hiring center usually give you two weeks from the time of "the call" to your EOD to get your affairs in order and finish your current employment. So that would be another big thing to let your boss know that you will try to give them 2 weeks notice.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Roger that, thanks guys. Just was seeing how you guys put it, it was pretty much how im doing it. - Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                  Make sure you also let your boss know how long the process takes so he/she doesn't think you would be leaving in a week or two. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I have read the hiring center usually give you two weeks from the time of "the call" to your EOD to get your affairs in order and finish your current employment. So that would be another big thing to let your boss know that you will try to give them 2 weeks notice.
                  Agreed! This process is a lengthy one and expressing this will help ease the news a bit. Make sure to mention that you will keep them updated on the process and give a professional notice. The last thing anyone wants to do is get into this process and lose their current job in his economy...
                  Test Date: 12/8/08
                  NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                  TO: 1/30/09-Received
                  Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                  VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                  Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                  Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                  Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                  Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                  BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• Mirtme,
                    When did you find out your last few things were completed? I am still waiting to hear about my medical.

Also, does anyone on this forum know what it is like to work at Sumas, WA? All I ever hear about is Blaine, WA. Thanks.
                    Written: 12/9
                    NOR: 12/12 (94)
                    TO: 1/29
                    VBT: 2/26 completed
                    Medical: 4/27 completed
                    Fitness: 3/2 completed
                    Drug: 3/12 completed
                    BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                    Quals: completed on 3/19
                    The Call: 4/27
                    EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                    FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Yeah, well im very pessimistic by nature, you can see why! But, im trying to think positive that maybe if/when i clear the other POE's will be available.
                      Not "if" but "when" you clear they will be there waiting for you. Think it, say it and so shall it be....... Just remember me when I return in 2 years.

Comment

How would i go about getting that email to extend?
                        The number/e-mail is in the NOR letter they send you after you take the test. If I find it, I will post it here.
                        Last edited by ImmOff; 03-27-2009, 04:37 PM.
                        CBPO
                        Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                        TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                        Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                        Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                        VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                        Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                        BI:---------------- Pending....
                        Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• I know this is the CBPO forum and not BPA forum. But has anyone else heard about the post on HonorFirst about the BPA hiring freeze? I have already posted the message on the BPA thread if you want to read it.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• 5hole,

Man, how'd you get to meet with your BI already?? Jealous. Haha. Im waiting for BI and the medical to clear. ANyway, I dont know if you've ever been to the Sumas port but its really country, farm-ish, ya kno? If I remember correctly, the air smells like manure all day long. Small port, I think there was about 2-3 lanes. Im sure you can check it out by lookin at the border wait time cameras. If you're curious about the port, just call em up. I called up and talked to an agent at Pt. Roberts and he was very helpful.

mlrtme, still no update from me, still waiting. Im DYIN to meet with the BI.
                            Test: 12/8/08
                            EOD: June 22, 2009
                            Class 960
                            FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                              Mirtme,
                              When did you find out your last few things were completed? I am still waiting to hear about my medical.

Also, does anyone on this forum know what it is like to work at Sumas, WA? All I ever hear about is Blaine, WA. Thanks.
                              I believe there's about 1000 people that populate that area...and the activity is slow to a crawl...is what I've heard from a CBPO...

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                                I smoked marijuana 9 years ago. Other than that, my BI looks really clean. I wrote the nopa response and all that. She told me that they want 10+ years for drug use. I know I have changed and am the quality that deserves this job, but I also know they work by strict guidelines. I'm withdrawing so I don't hurt my chances of any le job in the future. I am going to apply for sheriffs and local pd's for now. Thanks for all the advice though.

How old are you and how much marihauna have you smoked?

9 years of being drug-free is generally more than enough time to beat a marihuana NOPA for a person who used casually. Now if you were habitual user and you used regularly as an adult...that'll be a different story.

Still, if I were you...and I was substantially under the age of 37...I'd wait until 10 years have passed. You only gain a year extra of employment by winning your NOPA, you lose considerably if you're found unsuitable.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8492 users online. 271 members and 8221 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X