Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if there is always a long wait to get a TO for Newark, NJ or JFK?

I tested back in August and my GEO preference is PA. When this nationwide opening is available, I would like to switch to any of those 2 locations. The only thing that worries me is that by April it will already be 8 months since i got my NOR(88). From what i read on my NOR is that my score is only good for 12 months. I really dont want to have to retake the exam again if i switch Geo locations.

So my question is, Do you guys recommend me switching my Geo preference? My score would only be good for another 4 months if i switch, Opposed to just waiting to get a TO for PA.
    Last edited by Rolygsx; 03-27-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• sounds risky

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolygsx View Post
        Can anyone tell me if there is always a long wait to get a TO for Newark, NJ or JFK?

I tested back in August and my GEO preference is PA. When this nationwide opening is available, I would like to switch to any of those 2 locations. The only thing that worries me is that by April it will already be 8 months since i got my NOR. From what i read on my NOR is that my score is only good for 12 months. I really dont want to have to retake the exam again if i switch Geo locations.

So my question is, Do you guys recommend me switching my Geo preference? My score would only be good for another 4 months if i switch, Opposed to just waiting to get a TO for PA.
        What did you score?

Comment

• Just confirmed today with the hiring center my background cleared this week. I was very surprised how quickly it happened since I meet with my investigator the beginning of Febuary. 2 months is awesome!
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
            What did you score?
            I got an 88 on the exam.

Comment

• Anyone else here waiting on Hawaii?
              CBPO- Hawaii
              Written: 07/31/08
              TO: 09/23/08
              Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
              Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
              Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
              Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
              VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
              BI: Completed (2/19/09)
              Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
              Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
              TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolygsx View Post
                Can anyone tell me if there is always a long wait to get a TO for Newark, NJ or JFK?

I tested back in August and my GEO preference is PA. When this nationwide opening is available, I would like to switch to any of those 2 locations. The only thing that worries me is that by April it will already be 8 months since i got my NOR(88). From what i read on my NOR is that my score is only good for 12 months. I really dont want to have to retake the exam again if i switch Geo locations.

You can call them or send them an e-mail to extend your application for another year. That's what I did. I tested March 2007 and by February 2008 I sent them an e-mail requesting an extension on my application. You can extend your application for upto 3 years.
                Last edited by ImmOff; 03-27-2009, 02:55 PM.
                CBPO
                Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                BI:---------------- Pending....
                Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Met with the BI yesterday (even though it says my BI is complete in CASS) from 1:45-5:45. The first thing out of her mouth was "Have you told your boss". I advised her that I told him a few weeks ago, so he's been in the loop. She spoke to him for a few mins and then we went over everything. She said people need to realize that the BI is there to help you get a job, not to keep you from getting one. So needless to say, she made the process easy and is meeting the neighbors and co-workers later.

Does anyone know how the AZ region is looking? Has anyone gotten the call for that GEO preference?

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                    You can call them or send them an e-mail to extend your application for another year. That's what I did. I tested March 2007 and by February 2008 I sent them an e-mail requesting an extension on my application. You can extend your application for upto 3 years.
                    How would i go about getting that email to extend?

Comment

• Also got a question for everyone here, how did you all go about telling your boss's about leaving?

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                        Met with the BI yesterday (even though it says my BI is complete in CASS) from 1:45-5:45. The first thing out of her mouth was "Have you told your boss". I advised her that I told him a few weeks ago, so he's been in the loop. She spoke to him for a few mins and then we went over everything. She said people need to realize that the BI is there to help you get a job, not to keep you from getting one. So needless to say, she made the process easy and is meeting the neighbors and co-workers later.

Does anyone know how the AZ region is looking? Has anyone gotten the call for that GEO preference?
                        You are the second person recently Interviewed that has had their Investigator say that to them...

My experience with my investigator and what he wrote on his report says otherwise!... But this was in December of 2007, and who knows what changes have occurred with how investigators approach their assignment today.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                          How would i go about getting that email to extend?
                          You already have a TO... you don't need to extend anything at this point. In any case that email is included on your NOR letter!
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            You are the second person recently Interviewed that has had their Investigator say that to them...

My experience with my investigator and what he wrote on his report says otherwise!... But this was in December of 2007, and who knows what changes have occurred with how investigators approach their assignment today.
                            Sorry to hear about your experience brother. Talking with that BI she said that the DHS is secretly monitoring BI's to prevent them from cutting corners and that they now how 34 days to complete BI's. Not sure if it goes for all contracted BI's?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              You already have a TO... you don't need to extend anything at this point. In any case that email is included on your NOR letter!
                              Still didnt answer my question lol. What did you say to your boss.

Comment

• Hey fellas, I've been spying in here for some time now, and I wanted to thank you all for being a great source of information and experience.

I'm in San Diego and initially wanted to go into the Border Patrol, but when I was told that you are required to work out of town for two years I couldn't commit. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance and thank you all again for the info and insight.
                                "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9712 users online. 366 members and 9346 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X