300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
    Question for people who have gotten a nopa and then cleared background.

I submitted my response to my nopa 3 months ago. I got a call from my adjudicator today. It seems that she is just now beginning the process. She told me that due to my issue for my nopa that if I do not clear background it will show me unsuitable and I will not be able to apply for any other jobs. She gave me the option to withdraw now if I wanted. I said no and to proceed.

Has anyone else received a similar call giving them the option to withdraw? I just wanted to know if this was procedure, or if she was calling me to give me the heads up that it is doubtful that I won't clear.

Not knowing the particulars it's hard to make anything but a general comment.

Generally speaking...if they're offering somebody a chance to withdraw, it's best to take them up on it. Being found unsuitable is far more hazardous to a career in FLE than withdrawing and applying a few years later when/if the negative issue(s) are more or less resolved/lessened by the passage of time.

Comment

• Since somebody is bound to ask how reliable the April, 06 announcement is...

CBP press release...last week.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...03172009_2.xml

CBP Recruits in Jamestown, N.D. on March 24

(Tuesday, March 17, 2009)
      contacts for this news release

Pembina, N.D. - Recruiting officers for CBP will be available to answer questions for job seekers, in Jamestown, N.D., at the job service center from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on March 24.

This recruitment is in anticipation of a nationwide announcement for CBP officers that will be opening on April 6.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is continuing its efforts to increase America’s Frontline Security nationally by hiring 11,000 law enforcement and support positions during 2009. In January CBP launched National Career Day in 15 locations through out the U.S. and Puerto Rico to kick off the recruiting effort through out the United States.

The primary responsibilities of a CBP officer are to protect the nation’s ports of entry by detecting and preventing terrorists and weapons of mass destruction from entering the U.S. while facilitating the orderly flow of legitimate trade and travelers.

CBP officers are required to enforce laws related to revenue and trade, seizure of contraband, interdiction of agricultural pests and diseases and admissibility of persons.

CBP officers perform the full range of inspection, passenger and cargo analysis, examination and law enforcement activities relating to the arrival and departure of persons, merchandise and conveyances such as cars, trucks, aircraft and ships at the ports of entry.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
        Easy young soldier. You just met your BI a few weeks ago. It could be a while.
        Hey I sent you a PM

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Since somebody is bound to ask how reliable the April, 06 announcement is...

CBP press release...last week.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...03172009_2.xml
          Thanks Merlin.

Comment

• Got the call today! Chose San Ysidro with an EOD of 4/13/09. Congrats to everyone else who got the call today!

Comment

Thanks. I understand. I had time to think about it today and I am going to call tomorrow and withdraw. It's real frustrating and a tough decision, but in the long run I think I am doing the right thing.

Maybe. Probably.

If it's something like minor marihuana usage or serious debt in the last 3 years or so...probably.

Lot's of things become less of issue with the passage of time and some work on clearing up the problem(s). It may well be that what's giving you a NOPA and a probable unsuitable rating today might be a much less serious issue 4 years from now...if you work on correcting it today.

Comment

• Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                Got the call today! Chose San Ysidro with an EOD of 4/13/09. Congrats to everyone else who got the call today!
                lol congrats bro. what did i say? told you that you would get the call this week ;D i start on monday, so i guess i'll see you in a few weeks.

Comment

• alright.. another update!!! Drug test pass!!!

so now only missing VBT, BI, and qualification!!!

Comment

• Dont count your chickens before they hatch!

Well guys, regarding my BI going back from completed to pending, MHC emailed me saying that:

It appears that the ‘cleared’ code was entered erroneously. If you have questions, I would recommend contacting staffing as they’re the ones that work with Internal Affairs and the background investigations.

Now im sure it's rare and OF COURSE it happens to me, but as ive been saying forever, dont ever completely trust CASS!

Comment

I smoked marijuana 9 years ago. Other than that, my BI looks really clean. I wrote the nopa response and all that. She told me that they want 10+ years for drug use. I know I have changed and am the quality that deserves this job, but I also know they work by strict guidelines. I'm withdrawing so I don't hurt my chances of any le job in the future. I am going to apply for sheriffs and local pd's for now. Thanks for all the advice though.
                      WSB Hunter,

Sorry to hear it man. Things will work out. I don't know all your specifics but I am sure you are doing the right thing. I believe one of the questions when applying for most federal law enforcement jobs is; have you ever been found/adjudicated unsuitable for a federal job? Hang in there.

Good luck in the future!

Comment

• Got a email today from MHC that all they show all my processes show completed , that my file will be reviewed and refered to TSU'!!!

Test: Feb 07
                        TO: March 2008
                        Fitness, Drug Test, Medical , VBT: April 2008
                        Meet with BI :May 21 2008
                        NOPA : november 2008
                        NOPA response found suitable: Feb 26 2009
                        Medical recertification letter March 2009
                        Fitness retake March 20 2009

Comment

• BI Cleared March 12th 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                            Got a email today from MHC that all they show all my processes show completed , that my file will be reviewed and refered to TSU'!!!

Test: Feb 07
                            TO: March 2008
                            Fitness, Drug Test, Medical , VBT: April 2008
                            Meet with BI :May 21 2008
                            NOPA : november 2008
                            NOPA response found suitable: Feb 26 2009
                            Medical recertification letter March 2009
                            Fitness retake March 20 2009
                            What was your NOPA for, if it aint too personal?

Comment

• few losses of jobs and mitigating criminal conduct

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                                few losses of jobs and mitigating criminal conduct
                                Just wondering how serious it was, since you overcame it and were found suitable.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9479 users online. 326 members and 9153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X