300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buenhec
    What is a day in the life of a CBPO in Calexico? I am applying next month and im pretty exited, but what is it like for the first year? Will I be stamping passports all day or in passanger? I need constant challenges or I get board real easy.
    If you're looking for action, cause you get bored easy, then try local PD...
    or you might want to apply for BPA.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

At what point of the background or the process is my employeer notified I am applying for work elsewhere?
      Not until after you have your sit down interview with an investigator. Once you are scheduled for that interview, its best to go ahead and tell your boss because it will look better coming from you first.

Comment

At what point of the background or the process is my employeer notified I am applying for work elsewhere?
        Right at the beginning of your Investigation...
        As to seeing officers asleep... that would probably be because of a Double shift... and very WRONG of them to do so!
        There's a show that aired called Homeland Security USA on ABC, go and see if you can watch the episodes online and see if CBPO is for you...
        There is a wealth of knowledge about the whole process in this Forum, you haven't even tested, so I suggest you begin reading from the top...
        It will give you a chance to familiarize you with the hiring process and all the troubles and pains of the "waiting game", plus most of your current and future questions will be answered.
        If you like learning... then start the reading!...

BTW
        there are 3 types of POE's not just land borders, but Airports, and Sea Ports, and the jobs are a bit different at each. Nothing guarantees you that on the next announcement those SW border POE's will be available as options, so be advised.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Great news. Background cleared several days ago for BP and application was sent for final review. But still waiting in the TSU lounge for a Customs position. At least things are moving. Hopefully one of the two hats thrown will stick.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
            Guess that's not the news you're looking for, is it Barnaj? Keep the faith.
            Well my BI went back to pending on CASS. MHC says the security folks will contact me for additional info. I dont know what the heck is up, hopefully its nothing to serious. Maybe its fate, since they are only offering up the SOO right now.

Comment

• Anyone get the call today?

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                CASS has change

My file was in TSU on 12/15/08, then my fitness expired. I passed my fitness again and now CASS says:

3/25/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

will my TSU date Change?? is this normal?
                I read the same thing on my cass at lunch time today. Then while driving home
                I GOT THE CALL!!!!
                8-8-08 TSU
                3-26-09 THE CALL!!!
                4-27-09 EOD
                5-28-09 FLETC
                9-9-09 GRADUATION
                Last edited by co94; 03-26-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• co94 looks like you were destined for specific dates like that huh? 8/8/08 TSU and 9/9/09 graduation. lol. nice. congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                    co94 looks like you were destined for specific dates like that huh? 8/8/08 TSU and 9/9/09 graduation. lol. nice. congrats.
                    Thank you. Yeah I guess I was. All I can say to people is patience. As the few forum veterans on this site have been saying. This process can take a long time. Sometimes you feel like something is wrong or they forgot you. So to all of the people waiting. Hang in there!!! and Good Luck to everyone on this site who have been so helpful.
                    Keep the Faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Well my BI went back to pending on CASS. MHC says the security folks will contact me for additional info. I dont know what the heck is up, hopefully its nothing to serious. Maybe its fate, since they are only offering up the SOO right now.
                      That is the only way to look at that sort of misfortune. You said you wouldn't be able to move up there, so this is all for the best. You'll get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                        That is the only way to look at that sort of misfortune. You said you wouldn't be able to move up there, so this is all for the best. You'll get there.
                        Yeah man thanks. I dont know what the heck is going on, you know how "cloak and dagger" everything BI related is. I wonder whats up with only the SOO hiring, that seems so odd to me.

Comment

• CASS changes/updates

So I went back into CASS today to see what changed, and yeah, it is now SSN and ID rather than your DOB. Also, apparently after the update to the login system, my list of items updated, so everything now reads as completed. No face-to-face contact from a BI yet--perhaps I have an interim clearance.

Comment

• congrads to everyone that received calls...

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                              I am not an expert, but I read in some of the CBP material I've received that once you get to TSU you can no longer "transfer" your location choice. That would have needed to be done before reaching TSU.

Thanks. Ive read the same thing but I figure if all your pre-employment steps have been completed recently, then they should still be valid if you re-apply. Although my BI is interim, so that may not transfer anyways. I'll just hope I get offered Port Everglades. Anyone on this forum from there know if they are in need of more officers?

Comment

• Originally posted by co94 View Post
                                I read the same thing on my cass at lunch time today. Then while driving home
                                I GOT THE CALL!!!!
                                8-8-08 TSU
                                3-26-09 THE CALL!!!
                                4-27-09 EOD
                                5-28-09 FLETC
                                9-9-09 GRADUATION
                                Congrats!!! It feels good to see Jersey back on the map!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7614 users online. 331 members and 7283 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X