Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    I just checked the phone hotline and it said my VBT was completed, but the website still says pending. Has anyone noticed one of the two methods being consistently faster than the other?
    The phone system usually updates faster.
    Last edited by audi0xpl0de; 03-25-2009, 06:53 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
      ...For you guys going to the SWB after FLETC you will realize that that academy is geared toward the officers who will be working at the air port or sea port. There wasnt really one part of the training that was related to a land border. The little training on how to take an ARMED & DANGEROUS down was about it. Although they probably go into a little detail about the VLC.


      Very little about FLETC is actually geared toward any aspect of 'real work' at a PoE.

      FLETC/CBP, especially post-legacy training, has always been more about giving people the bare minimum of knowledge needed to hit the ground and be effective.

      The real learning, and the real experiences, are suppose to come along afterwards...in real time.

      Comment


      • what's up guys?
        I have my Video-Based Test (VBT) coming up, and I wanted to see if anyone can give me an idea of what it is about and what I can expect???
        What to wear? how long is it??? thanks........

        Comment


        • Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
          what's up guys?
          I have my Video-Based Test (VBT) coming up, and I wanted to see if anyone can give me an idea of what it is about and what I can expect???
          What to wear? how long is it??? thanks........
          Dress nice, just like you would for a regular interview. The test itself is about 30 minutes. Again we had people in sweats showing up today to do theirs and they just look ridiculous.

          Comment


          • i took my VBT today, all i got to say is intresting... i think i did good, one more check in the box
            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

            Comment


            • So I got a letter today from DHS. I qualified for GS-7 which made me very happy! But I have a question, under the heading "What happens next?" it states, "All of your pre-appointment processing has been successfully completed. Our Training Scheduling Unit will be contacting you directly when they are ready to place you. Discussions will begin at that time concerning academy class assignment, duty station location, and EOD availablity."
              So am I in TSU or am I ready to be placed in TSU?
              Thanks in advance!

              Comment


              • looks like you're in TSU. if the hotline hasn't updated, just call MHC and ask them. They can tell you. if you choose the san ysidro POE i'll be seeing you there soon, i start on monday. you will likely get a call by the end of this week or next week so stay close to your phone ;D

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DLA View Post
                  looks like you're in TSU. if the hotline hasn't updated, just call MHC and ask them. They can tell you. if you choose the san ysidro POE i'll be seeing you there soon, i start on monday. you will likely get a call by the end of this week or next week so stay close to your phone ;D
                  Choose? I get a choice in my POE?!?

                  Comment


                  • TSU San Francisco/Oakland

                    Hello everyone just wanted to give a quick introduction; I tested on 8/12/08 for San Francisco/Oakland. As of 3/5/09 I have been in TSU, waiting for the phone call. Do you guys have any info on types of work shifts at S.F. Amount of O.T, and if there is still a demand for new officers? Thanks

                    Comment


                    • you think your background is dodgy?

                      Check these guys out.
                      Some decent insight into the process after the process.

                      http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mia1970 View Post
                        Check these guys out.
                        Some decent insight into the process after the process.

                        http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial
                        Wow...
                        How did you get these?
                        They look to be Sensitive Detailed Information about each case... I somewhat doubt that this should on an open forum for some reason...
                        It is interesting to see how they find one suitable and the other not for similar reasons.

                        Merlin or KC12 let me know if this link should be taken OFF!...
                        Last edited by yoda; 03-26-2009, 01:11 AM.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • I think that is sensitive info, but it helps me under stand the adjudicators process

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                            I think that is sensitive info, but it helps me under stand the adjudicators process
                            I doubt it, it has no one's SSN or applicants DOB. Probably no different than any public court record file.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wll1kxw View Post
                              Choose? I get a choice in my POE?!?
                              yeah bro they're gonna offer you tecate, otay mesa, and san ysidro. i chose san ysidro cuz it will offer the most overtime, and i've already got buddies working there. plus i'd rather be busy and let work pass by nice and fast ;D

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                                I doubt it, it has no one's SSN or applicants DOB. Probably no different than any public court record file.
                                True but how about the case numbers

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12078 users online. 422 members and 11656 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X