300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
    I was informed that you could not change your GeoPref...yet in this thread there's an individual that mentions he did successfully? How is this so?...
    If you don't have a TO it's just a matter of contacting MHC and requesting a change of locations to another one that was listed on your announcement. If you have a TO, you have to wait for an open announcement and you can request a change of location to one that is listed in the announcement through the MHC. In the latter case you are essentially withdrawing your application and resubmitting under the new announcement.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
      5hole-

Congrats on the expedited BI and the quick return of your drug test. To update you, I haven't heard anything regarding my BI. However, it hasn't been long at all so I'm not expecting anything for awhile. Odd thing is in regards to my drug test....the lady mentioned the results would be ready in a few days, but I haven't heard anything nor has it updated on CASS. My guess is CASS is just being slow to update as I know there is no way I didn't pass that test. Drugs have never been something that I got curious about
      Thanks, mirtme. I have no reason to complain, but like you I am anxious for my VBT and medical to clear. Everything so far has gone so fast that it is weird to go to a "normal" wait for something to clear. I wonder if each POE only starts new employees at certain times of the year so they can start multiple people at the same time as opposed to having new employees trickle in. If so, who knows maybe a bunch of us will start at the same time regardless of where our process is right now. Just a thought.
      Written: 12/9
      NOR: 12/12 (94)
      TO: 1/29
      VBT: 2/26 completed
      Medical: 4/27 completed
      Fitness: 3/2 completed
      Drug: 3/12 completed
      BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
      Quals: completed on 3/19
      The Call: 4/27
      EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
      FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• All you new guys getting their backgrounds cleared in 3 or 4 months or less be sure to ask your investigator before you leave if your backgorund is actually complete. There were ALOT of guys/gals getting sent home 3, 4, and 5 weeks into the training in GA.

CBP and the GOV are all about numbers and filling those seats and they do so at the expense of some new trainee thinking his background is complete.
        What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• I will dedicate my first post to those of you arguing over whether questions should be answered several times. A wise man once said, "Arguing over the internet is like special olympics, no matter who wins you're all still retarded". I'm not trying to insult anyone but can't we all just get along?

Comment

• Originally posted by roland841 View Post
            I will dedicate my first post to those of you arguing over whether questions should be answered several times. A wise man once said, "Arguing over the internet is like special olympics, no matter who wins you're all still retarded". I'm not trying to insult anyone but can't we all just get along?
            Now the guy who is worried about this thread going over 700 pages is going to be upset because you wasted space with your wise man quote!?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
              Now the guy who is worried about this thread going over 700 pages is going to be upset because you wasted space with your wise man quote!?
              Amen to that....Lol Seems like people are getting worried that this forum is going to get too long for them!!! There is always gona be a newbie and they are gona be just as excited as everyone else was at one point in time, an ask the same question over. So what, nobody here owns this forum!!! Except the guy who created it...lol Ask all the questions you like! Thing is, don't expect me to reply to them....Hahaa

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPOIceCube View Post
                First post here. I have been reading and following this thread for more than a year. Many thanks to all, especially Yoda, Merlin, Barnaj, and JWM0516 in particular for all the good information they have imparted. After a 2 year wait, I finally got "The Call". I originally took the written test in April 07, Had to complete the fitness test, background investigation forms, and physical twice. But, despite all of the stumbling blocks in the road, I have an EOD of 20APR09, in Houlton Maine!
                Thanks again to all for helping me through this long waiting period. It helped a lot to know I wasn't alone. 400 pages IS a lot to read through. But if you really want this job, and have the patience to wait as long as it takes, I highly reccommend plowing through all 400. There are of course small spats that can and need to be over looked. Just take some time, and separate the wheat from the chaff.
                Good to hear that some of us long time waiters have gone through!....
                CONGRATULATIONS!.... and a TRIPLE CHEER to you as well!....
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Good to hear that some of us long time waiters have gone through!....
                  CONGRATULATIONS!.... and a TRIPLE CHEER to you as well!....
                  Congrats welcome. 2 years?! MAN THATS ROUGH. Well good luck to you in GA.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                    I was informed that you could not change your GeoPref...yet in this thread there's an individual that mentions he did successfully? How is this so?...
                    As KC12 mentioned,
                    If you do not have a TO yet you can simply request a GEO change from MHC in an open period... If you already have a TO and are half way through the process, you have to wait for an open period that has the location you want, and apply as you did the first time online. Basically you don't need to turn down your current TO and in essence you will have 2 applications running at once... The steps from your 1st app will keep moving along, and once you receive a TO for the new location everything carries over automatically. You only have to hope that you don't get "the call" before you get your new TO...
                    As simple as that!...
                    The old way of doing it, and what some MHC people that don't know will tell you, that you had to decline your TO and start all over again... Not the case anymore. That how I did my Geo change with no problems at all, and as soon as I received my new TO for Florida, everything carried over automatically... Of course you'll disappear from CASS for a couple of days while they change all your steps over to the new app ID.
                    Easy as CAKE!...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      It took me less than a minute to search this thread and find that answer.

It probably took you well over a minute to post and repost that question.

"One team, One Fight" more or less means everybody's pulling their own share of the load...doesn't it? Spoonfeeding people helps nobody in the long term.
                      ......well said! How 'bout going to "usajobs" and checking there??? Think outside the box!! That's what this job is all about!!!!

Comment

• Does anyone know if homeland security still comes on or did they cancel it? I have some friends and a mother in law that work at the calexico poe i always thought it was an interesting show.

Comment

• Originally posted by jckndab0x View Post
                          Does anyone know if homeland security still comes on or did they cancel it? I have some friends and a mother in law that work at the calexico poe i always thought it was an interesting show.
                          Show was cancelled - It appears that the Sheep of this country prefer to watch Dancing With The Stars over real "REALITY SHOWS".....

The remaining episodes of HLS USA are suppose to air sometime this summer.......
                          There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post

Way to focus on the least relevant objection I have to spoon-feeding applicants/trainees.

Just ignore the self-reliancy, competency and all the other, more important objections.

Then again...you're the guy who thinks airport CBPO's are "stamp monkeys" and nothing of importance within CBP happens anywhere outside of the SWB.

I should probably expect you not to see the larger picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Way to focus on the least relevant objection I have to spoon-feeding applicants/trainees.

Just ignore the self-reliancy, competency and all the other, more important objections.

Then again...you're the guy who thinks airport CBPO's are "stamp monkeys" and nothing of importance within CBP happens anywhere outside of the SWB.

I should probably expect you not to see the larger picture.
                              I think some important stuff happens away from the SWB...what are you talking about =)

For you guys going to the SWB after FLETC you will realize that that academy is geared toward the officers who will be working at the air port or sea port. There wasnt really one part of the training that was related to a land border. The little training on how to take an ARMED & DANGEROUS down was about it. Although they probably go into a little detail about the VLC.

Comment

• I just checked the phone hotline and it said my VBT was completed, but the website still says pending. Has anyone noticed one of the two methods being consistently faster than the other?
                                Written: 12/9
                                NOR: 12/12 (94)
                                TO: 1/29
                                VBT: 2/26 completed
                                Medical: 4/27 completed
                                Fitness: 3/2 completed
                                Drug: 3/12 completed
                                BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
                                Quals: completed on 3/19
                                The Call: 4/27
                                EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
                                FLETC: 7/1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9921 users online. 467 members and 9454 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X