Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to let all you guys know....CASS may say your BI is complete and you may have got the call, EOD, and fletc date....your background can sometimes NOT be done.

Last year there were a lot of guys getting pulled from FLETC because something was found or not cleared up in their background.

Whats happening is CBP is just filling these open seats at FLETC with people meeting the minimum security clearance. There was one guy who did the whole fletc academy and graduated but wasnt given a badge due to his background not clearing.

Your Training Officers will get a letter about 2 weeks before graduation and if your name is on there then your good to go.

I called my BI while at FLETC and before I left to ask him for sure if my FULL BI was complete.

The guys whos BI's clear in like 4 months or less....should be concerned that you were expedited to fill a seat and that your BI isnt FULLY done.
    Last edited by ExSDSO; 03-24-2009, 11:13 PM. Reason: more info
    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Seriously if someone has an answer to a new guys questions just freakin click quick reply and answer gosh damnit, and if you dont want too then dont open your mouth at all to mention a search engine or blah blah blah. This thread is going to go over 700 pages no matter what anyway with a lot of repeated info lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
        Seriously if someone has an answer to a new guys questions just freakin click quick reply and answer gosh damnit, and if you dont want too then dont open your mouth at all to mention a search engine or blah blah blah. This thread is going to go over 700 pages no matter what anyway with a lot of repeated info lol
        Like someone said before its good to review the entire post because you will find about 95% of the answers to your questions. Some people take the initiative to look for answers and some don't. I took the time out to read through the entire thread because I wanted to know as much as possible about the hiring process and this job. If someone asks a question (and yes most questions could be answered by researching the thread) I have no problem answering the question with a quick response. I just think some people don't mind helping others and some people feel you should research the thread just like they did. No one should get offended about the responses on this thread because that's what make a "Thread". It's like being in the world with many different people, some people will be glad to answer your questions and some people will just give you a hard time. If you have a question ASK and I'm sure someone will answer your question, if they don't then you know you have to research a little harder for the answers.
        Miami by way of Chicago
        Test 8/4/08
        TO 11/13/08
        Drug Test 11/13/08
        VBT 12/11/08
        Physical 12/16/08
        Qual 1/10/09
        Met BI 1/5/09
        BI cleared 2/19/09
        TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Yahoo article

Here is an article off Yahoo for you guys down on the southern border. Hopefully the link works.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20...latchy/3197190
          Written: 12/9
          NOR: 12/12 (94)
          TO: 1/29
          VBT: 2/26 completed
          Medical: 4/27 completed
          Fitness: 3/2 completed
          Drug: 3/12 completed
          BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
          Quals: completed on 3/19
          The Call: 4/27
          EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
          FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
            ...I took the time out to read through the entire thread because I wanted to know as much as possible about the hiring process and this job.
            If only everybody put in as much effort as you have to learn about the hiring process and the job.

To the applicants...I hope you're keeping score in this thread and noticing who's advising you what and in which direction to go.

Pretty much anybody who has any meaningful experience in CBP has strongly suggested you work on your search skills and practice finding your own answers to your questions.

Everyone else suggesting otherwise is pretty much universally either a wannabe, an applicant or a first-year trainee.

That should tell you something...ponder on it if you need to.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              If only everybody put in as much effort as you have to learn about the hiring process and the job.

To the applicants...I hope you're keeping score in this thread and noticing who's advising you what and in which direction to go.

Pretty much anybody who has any meaningful experience in CBP has strongly suggested you work on your search skills and practice finding your own answers to your questions.

Everyone else suggesting otherwise is pretty much universally either a wannabe, an applicant or a first-year trainee.

That should tell you something...ponder on it if you need to.
              Merlin your salty bro, all you applicants trying to kiss merlins but...keep doing what your doing lol.

ALL you new guys if you have any questions....PM me, don't be scared I wont get upset and tell you to search the thread or get upset that your the 100th new guy to ask the same question again.

Merlin your not FTO material I can tell.

Comment

• 5hole-

Congrats on the expedited BI and the quick return of your drug test. To update you, I haven't heard anything regarding my BI. However, it hasn't been long at all so I'm not expecting anything for awhile. Odd thing is in regards to my drug test....the lady mentioned the results would be ready in a few days, but I haven't heard anything nor has it updated on CASS. My guess is CASS is just being slow to update as I know there is no way I didn't pass that test. Drugs have never been something that I got curious about
                Test Date: 12/8/08
                NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
                TO: 1/30/09-Received
                Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
                VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
                Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
                Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
                Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
                Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
                BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• mlrte - same here - drug test on 3/12; been told that the lab would have results on 3/16 but nothing updated on CASS so far
                  CBPO Timeline
                  Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                  NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                  Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                  Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                  Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                  BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                  Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                  The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                  EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                  FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                  Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                    Thanks for your feedback regarding my BI questions. Here is another couple questions for you guys, is any part of my medical history reviewed in my BI? If I cleared my medical does that mean they are done reviewing my medical history?
                    The only time the BI is concerned with anything medical is if it involves psychological treatment or substance abuse. Other than that, the BI has no interest in medical issues.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Hey guys, I am new to this forum and just had a quick question. I had completed the BI last year, but there was a problem with my physical. That has all been resolved and everything else is good to go now. However, they tell me that I need a "refresher" of my BI. My status on CASS has shown in the security office for some time now, does anyone know how long this BI "refresher" takes? Thanks ahead of time

Comment

• I do agree that there is a lot of research with this job, more than I expected. Almost daily I access about 8-10 different databases doing research on different projects many times the amount of data that is returned from just one database makes these 300 some odd pages look small. BUT I am on the job and doing more than the my peers and am looking for ways to stand out so I am able to promote and do different assignments. I am not disagreeing with Merlin that as CBPO applicants you really do need to start doing or learning how to do research. I also know most people aren't willing to do anything extra for a job. They just want to do their 8 and vacate and that's fine, as long as they are DOING their job and not bothering others because of their lack of desire to excel. With all of that said, this is not the job. I don't have any problems answering questions that have been answered many times over. I do appreciate those who take the time to read all of the pages here, but don't begrudge those of you who don't. This isn't the job, it is relaxation.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          I do agree that there is a lot of research with this job, more than I expected. Almost daily I access about 8-10 different databases doing research on different projects many times the amount of data that is returned from just one database makes these 300 some odd pages look small. BUT I am on the job and doing more than the my peers and am looking for ways to stand out so I am able to promote and do different assignments. I am not disagreeing with Merlin that as CBPO applicants you really do need to start doing or learning how to do research. I also know most people aren't willing to do anything extra for a job. They just want to do their 8 and vacate and that's fine, as long as they are DOING their job and not bothering others because of their lack of desire to excel. With all of that said, this is not the job. I don't have any problems answering questions that have been answered many times over. I do appreciate those who take the time to read all of the pages here, but don't begrudge those of you who don't. This isn't the job, it is relaxation.
                          I couldn't have said it better myself.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I was informed that you could not change your GeoPref...yet in this thread there's an individual that mentions he did successfully? How is this so?...

Comment

• Finally!

First post here. I have been reading and following this thread for more than a year. Many thanks to all, especially Yoda, Merlin, Barnaj, and JWM0516 in particular for all the good information they have imparted. After a 2 year wait, I finally got "The Call". I originally took the written test in April 07, Had to complete the fitness test, background investigation forms, and physical twice. But, despite all of the stumbling blocks in the road, I have an EOD of 20APR09, in Houlton Maine!
                              Thanks again to all for helping me through this long waiting period. It helped a lot to know I wasn't alone. 400 pages IS a lot to read through. But if you really want this job, and have the patience to wait as long as it takes, I highly reccommend plowing through all 400. There are of course small spats that can and need to be over looked. Just take some time, and separate the wheat from the chaff.

Comment

• Congratulations! It does all of us good to know that one less person is waiting. Enjoy your new life and take care!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10964 users online. 368 members and 10596 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X